Kung hei fat choi! (Happy New Year)

BillsWatch

I don't want to bring the New Years party down but:

"Up to 10 million dogs are slaughtered every year in China, many killed slowly and cruelly to supposedly enhance the meat's flavour, according to animal rights groups."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20060127/lf_af...HNlYwNzc3JlbA--

588090[/snapback]

They slaughter dogs, we slaughter chickens and cows...what's the big deal?

They slaughter dogs, we slaughter chickens and cows...what's the big deal?

588095[/snapback]

True, but we are from a culture that spends Billions on our pets. We were looking at some puppies and dog this weekend from North Shore Animal League and I never considered taking one home and throwing him on the grill.

True, but we are from a culture that spends Billions on our pets.  We were looking at some puppies and dog this weekend from North Shore Animal League and I never considered taking one home and throwing him on the grill.

588100[/snapback]

Ive had 2 dogs from North Shore Animal league, great facility. We now have one from the local shelter (Hempstead shelter in Wantagh), probably the best dog we have ever owned.

Ive had 2 dogs from North Shore Animal league, great facility. We now have one from the local shelter (Hempstead shelter in Wantagh), probably the best dog we have ever owned.

588132[/snapback]

They come up to our local Petsmart in the northern burbs and the store is packed when they are there. I think all the cages are emptied by the time they leave.