Well it's down to the Bills and Jets for Bates

The Bills and Jets are the only teams without a DC. Every other team has a DC, or DC's (in the case of Houston), even the head coach-less Raiders. Given the fact that the Jets are a mess cap-wise, meaning they'll have to get rid of a good player ot two on defense; that Mangini is younger than Bates, studied under the master Bill Belichick and thus will probably want more say on running the defense (especially since he's a rookie HC); and that with it being down to just 2 teams, a bidding war likely won't occur, I like the Bills' chances of getting him. I really hope it happens and I'd be happy with the coaching staff.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Bates possibly as our DC?! That'll sedate the Sherman lovers for at least a day or two.

If anything should sedate the Sherman lovers, it's that he wanted part ownership and/or GM duties in Buffalo. No thanks. As a fomer Sherman lover, once I found out about that, I was glad it manifested itself earlier rather than later.

If anything should sedate the Sherman lovers, it's that he wanted part ownership and/or GM duties in Buffalo.  No thanks.  As a fomer Sherman lover, once I found out about that, I was glad it manifested itself earlier rather than later.

583999[/snapback]

First I heard of that. Where did you find that out?

First I heard of that.  Where did you find that out?

I had a feeling that since Sherman was the GM and HC of the Pack, he'd want that kind of power again. And it makes sense that something happened over the weekend that made the Bills finally choose Jauron. As for part ownership, that was on ESPN or some other website.

I had a feeling that since Sherman was the GM and HC of the Pack, he'd want that kind of power again. 
Maybe.

And it makes sense that something happened over the weekend that made the Bills finally choose Jauron.
I kind of thought Ralph and Marv just kinda' thought Jauron was a better fit, personality-wise. Nothing nearly as dramatic as what you propose.

As for part ownership, that was on ESPN or some other website.

584009[/snapback]

It wasn't espn (I just did a search of their site). There are a lot of web sites out there, but neither NewsNow or Google News returned anything inferring that Sherman made any such demands. I'm not saying that you didn't see what you said you saw, but I am more than a little skeptical that it actually went down that way.