the phins next year

Why *can't* I tell you that Saban isn't an excellent coach?    Is it because of his whopping 9-7 record this past season?

And please tell me if Cleveland was one of the teams they weren't supposed to beat?

I'll be honest, and I'm *not* going to say that Saban is definitively not an excellent coach.  I will say, however, that Nick Saban did *not* demonstrate that he is an excellent coach this past season.

Let's be honest here.  If Matt Kassel completes his last pass against Miami, there is *no* six game winning streak, the Dolphins finish 8-8, and there probably isn't much of a Nick Saban boomlet among Peter King, Len Pasquarelli, and the rest of the National Football Media.  And its pure garbage anyways that Belichick was playing Matt Kassel, as he *should* have been fighting for the #3 seed and a realistic opportunity to host the AFC Championship Game.    But it is what it is, and so please forgive me for not fawning over Nick Saban's ability to beat Matt Kassel.

JDG

583812[/snapback]

fair enough. next year will be the proof. me, i'm worried about their running attack, chambers, and mcmicheal, who (thug that he is) has the potential to be the next monster TE in the nfl.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

fair enough. next year will be the proof. me, i'm worried about their running attack, chambers, and mcmicheal, who (thug that he is) has the potential to be the next monster TE in the nfl.

583858[/snapback]

Those are some good players, but if they bring Frerrote, Feely, or comparable in at QB, or go with a rookie, I won't be too worried.

JDG

Why *can't* I tell you that Saban isn't an excellent coach?    Is it because of his whopping 9-7 record this past season?

And please tell me if Cleveland was one of the teams they weren't supposed to beat?

I'll be honest, and I'm *not* going to say that Saban is definitively not an excellent coach.  I will say, however, that Nick Saban did *not* demonstrate that he is an excellent coach this past season.

Let's be honest here.  If Matt Kassel completes his last pass against Miami, there is *no* six game winning streak, the Dolphins finish 8-8, and there probably isn't much of a Nick Saban boomlet among Peter King, Len Pasquarelli, and the rest of the National Football Media.  And its pure garbage anyways that Belichick was playing Matt Kassel, as he *should* have been fighting for the #3 seed and a realistic opportunity to host the AFC Championship Game.    But it is what it is, and so please forgive me for not fawning over Nick Saban's ability to beat Matt Kassel.

JDG

583812[/snapback]

:)

your sayin barley squeekin out victories is not a sign of a good coach?

what about the losses that came down to the final play of the game? Sabans record could have very well been 13-3 if Brown didnt fumble the ball, or Frerotte didnt throw a int or Chambers didnt drop the ball at the end of a few games.

im sure few will agree, a sign of a great coach is putting your team in a position to win at the end of a few games

With the players they have at skill positions, I'll admit they look scary, but they have the same problem we do O-line.

On D, Madison, who I always felt was overrated and others are getting old and brittle.

With the players they have at skill positions, I'll admit they look scary, but they have the same problem we do O-line.

On D, Madison, who I always felt was overrated and others are getting old and brittle.

585033[/snapback]

:)

Finz Oline is top 5 in sacks allowed

Hudson Houck is #2 in best OL coaches in the NFL after what he did to Miami's Oline last season he should be #1

your sayin barley squeekin out victories is not a sign of a good coach?

dude your a moron.. what about the losses that came down to the final play of the game? Sabans record could have very well been 13-3 if Brown didnt fumble the ball, or Frerotte didnt throw a int or Chambers didnt drop the ball at the end of game.

Spell much? B+ by Dolfag standards I suppose.

The Bills & Jets were pathetic....they were a play away from losing to both at home and getting swept....Wandsteadt has gone 11-5 with not much better talent and he's supposedly the worst coach ever.

Spell much?  B+ by Dolfag standards I suppose. 

The Bills & Jets were pathetic....they were a play away from losing to both at home and getting swept....Wandsteadt has gone 11-5 with not much better talent and he's supposedly the worst coach ever.

585037[/snapback]

Wannshmuck went 11-5 after he was handed a top 3 defense after that began the Daves death spiral. Saban was handed an organization ran right into the ground.

I know its hard being the laughing stock of the East with a old senile GM who should be hiring nurses at a Hospice not head coaches...

the Fish will deal Ricky Williams this offseason maybe even before the draft. Ronnie Brown is too good of a back not to get all of the carries. I think this will play out like the Henry situation last yr for us. The Fish will try to get a3rd or 4th rd pick for Ricky. The difference is Ricky has a lot of baggage where Henry was coming off a good season.

I personally think they have a great shot at the super bowl, i rank our division like this next year:

1.) Miami

2.) Pats

3.) Bills

4.) Jets

I am very worried about the phins

583513[/snapback]

They got to the SB once with Marino...Sage Rosenfels doesn't strike fear into me if I'm playing. And honestly how could anyone say its not the Pats' division to take??? Someone has got to beat them first or they have to lose Brady. The Fish will be 9-7 like they are every year...just short of the playoffs and getting crappy draft picks.

Well Ricky is back.  That's what worries me.  He used to run all over our defense.

583524[/snapback]

Wannshmuck went 11-5 after he was handed a top 3 defense  after that began the Daves death spiral. Saban was handed an organization ran right into the ground.

I know its hard being the laughing stock of the East with a old senile GM who should be hiring nurses at a Hospice not head coaches...

Aw yes way to bring some class to the board...dolfelons fans are just like their players classless mental midgets. Just hope Gus doesn't get too excited and slam his head into the nearest solid object.

And aren't they trying to deal Ricky Williams?

585142[/snapback]

No no you have it all wrong Wicky is looking for a new dealer.

I personally think they have a great shot at the super bowl, i rank our division like this next year:

1.) Miami

2.) Pats

3.) Bills

4.) Jets

I am very worried about the phins

583513[/snapback]

They got to the SB once with Marino...Sage Rosenfels doesn't strike fear into me if I'm playing. And honestly how could anyone say its not the Pats' division to take??? Someone has got to beat them first or they have to lose Brady. The Fish will be 9-7 like they are every year...just short of the playoffs and getting crappy draft picks.

Well Ricky is back.  That's what worries me.  He used to run all over our defense.

583524[/snapback]

Who didn't run all over our "defense" this year?

Wannshmuck went 11-5 after he was handed a top 3 defense  after that began the Daves death spiral. Saban was handed an organization ran right into the ground.

Aw yes way to bring some class to the board...dolfelons fans are just like their players classless mental midgets. Just hope Gus doesn't get too excited and slam his head into the nearest solid object.

And aren't they trying to deal Ricky Williams?

585142[/snapback]

They got to the SB once with Marino...Sage Rosenfels doesn't strike fear into me if I'm playing.  And honestly how could anyone say its not the Pats' division to take??? Someone has got to beat them first or they have to lose Brady. The Fish will be 9-7 like they are every year...just short of the playoffs and getting crappy draft picks.

Who didn't run all over our "defense" this year?

585210[/snapback]

I will be very surprised if Gus is retained next season. You will see a another veteran Qb starting for the Finz next season(Brees;McNair;Culpepper;Shaub)

btw I'd take Gus over Lostman&Honeycombs any day....

I will be very surprised if Gus is retained next season. You will see a another veteran Qb starting for the Finz next season(Brees;McNair;Culpepper;Shaub)

btw I'd take Gus over Lostman&Honeycombs any day....

585220[/snapback]

Brees won't play anywhere next year with authority. His shoulder is not coming back that fast. Culpepper will be staying in Minn, McNair doesn't scare me, as Miami has work to do on its O-line also.

Brees won't play anywhere next year with authority. His shoulder is not coming back that fast. Culpepper will be staying in Minn, McNair doesn't scare me, as Miami has work to do on its O-line also.

585228[/snapback]

OLINE??

didnt you read above posts?

MIAMI is top 5 in sacks allowed!

HUDSON HOUCK IS THE MAN!

OLINE??

you didnt read above posts?

MIAMI is top 5 in sacks allowed!

HUDSON HOUCK IS THE MAN!

585230[/snapback]

Against whom? Not exactly the best defenses in the league.

After all they played against us twice, the jets twice, and three or four other weak teams.