Just Picture if we had this draft.

Yeah, I was just reviewing that draft.

With that, we could have as follows:

1. D'brickashaw Ferguson-LT

2. Brodrick Bunkley-DT

3. Deuce Lutui-LG

3. Gabe Watson-DT

Talking about fixing the lines!

One penetrating DT and a run-stuffing DT. One stud LT and a road-grader LG.

Never will happen though!!!!

Hook 'Em!

If that played out, and we were exceptionally clever, we might be able to nab a 3rd or 4th from the Lions to swap spots. Cleveland moved from 7 to 6 for the price of a 2nd to get Kellen Winslow, if the Lions get antsy, maybe we could even match that. Then snag D'Brick at #9, and maybe pop back into the late 1st with a DB.

If that played out, and we were exceptionally clever, we might be able to nab a 3rd or 4th from the Lions to swap spots.  Cleveland moved from 7 to 6 for the price of a 2nd to get Kellen Winslow, if the Lions get antsy, maybe we could even match that.  Then snag D'Brick at #9, and maybe pop back into the late 1st with a DB.

583157[/snapback]

that worked out well for cleveland

As much as I want BRICK, he will not be there at 8. He is just too talented not to be a top 5 pick. Even if the teams that are slotted in there right now don't take him, someone may move up in the draft to get him. There is like a .0000000001% chance that he is there. If he is and we do select him, I will be doing backflips, but I just don't see him getting to our spot.

2. Brodrick Bunkley-DT

3. Deuce Lutui-LG

3. Gabe Watson-DT

Hook 'Em!

583137[/snapback]

This would be ideal.

do the jets dislike robertson (the DT they got #4 overall) enough to bring in Ngata?

i suppose they might let abraham go and get another big body.

that would instantly up their run D and let vilma put up pro bowl numbers.

i'd LOVE that draft.

saw a bunch of tape of ferguson, paticularly in the senior bowl.

he is INSANE with the feet, i'd bet he'd get bigger over a couple seasons and if we put gandy at RG next to him we'd still be able to run behind him.

d'brick

gand

bently

chris/preston

mike williams

peters @ te

should put us in the top 5 in running the ball.

we could even just ditch williams or sign him cheaper and move him to guard and have a potential kansas city quality line.

that would be great

2. Brodrick Bunkley-DT

3. Deuce Lutui-LG

3. Gabe Watson-DT

Hook 'Em!

583137[/snapback]

NO CHANCE -- Bunckley will go in the 1st round. He is likely the 2nd DT taken. We'd be really lucky if Brick is there by the time we get our 1st pick. He is grading out really high at the senior bowl...may entice the jests or titans to take him. I don't think its a lock the titans take a qb -- I heard Wychek on the radio last night -- they have lots of needs, have Volek and hoping to get another year or two from McNair. Given the Raiders took Gallery so high, they might not go OL, and SF has lots of needs, and spent their $$ on Jonas last year. So hopefully they don't pull the trigger on Brick. Reallistically, we'll be taking Ngata or Bunckley with our 1st pick. IMO

NO CHANCE -- Bunckley will go in the 1st round.  He is likely the 2nd DT taken.  We'd be really lucky if Brick is there by the time we get our 1st pick.  He is grading out really high at the senior bowl...may entice the jests or titans to take him.  I don't think its a lock the titans take a qb -- I heard Wychek on the radio last night -- they have lots of needs, have Volek and hoping to get another year or two from McNair.  Given the Raiders took Gallery so high, they might not go OL, and SF has lots of needs, and spent their $$ on Jonas last year.  So hopefully they don't pull the trigger on Brick.  Reallistically, we'll be taking Ngata or Bunckley with our 1st pick.  IMO

583359[/snapback]

you have a point,

but i think the top 3 picks are pretty certain.

the jets MIGHT take brick, but they might prefer williams to replace abraham or one of the top RBs

sf and the raiders almost certainly won't shell out more on a LT with they guys they just got, and GB could use any of the good LBs in the draft, so there is a good chance that brick might be there.

either way, i expect one of

ngata

brick

williams

to be there, any one of them would make a huge step towards improving one of our lines, and there will be a solid DT and OT in the second and third rounds.

this is a good year for the big fellas

Please, don't draft Gabe Watson. He's a really nice kid. He's got the size and speed. He just doesn't have the will or the heart. His commitment was lacking at the college level, how is he going to suddenly find it with the inceased demands at the pro level? I'm telling you, Jason Avant is the hidden treasure in this draft and if we can get him with our third pick we should do it.