For those of you with the NFL Network,

PISSCHUNK

I've said all along...if D'Brick makes it past the Jets at #4, I guarantee you that Marv will try to trade with the Packers for the #5 spot.  It just makes sense...

The Packers could use some O-Line help of their own, but their problems are at the interior O-Line positions.  They have two very good tackles actually in Mark Tauscher and Chad Clifton, both guys have started every game for the last 3 seasons and both are in their late 20s, so it wouldnt make too much sense on the Packers part to take a guy like D'Brickashaw...ESPECIALLY since their Defense is absolutely horrendeous.  Sooooooo, here's what happens.

Bills trade up for #5, take D'Brickashaw.  Packers move down only 3 spots to #8, pick up a guy like Ngata or Michael Huff or Jimmy Williams (or even Lendale White if they want to go offense with the pick) AND stockpile another Bills pick(s) for their trouble.  To me, it just seems perfect.

Thats IF the Jets dont take D'Brickashaw...and thats a mighty big IF.

582772[/snapback]

Won't happen unless Marv is not involved in the draft.

Marv does not do draft day deals.

Yer right, in Marv's long history as a GM in the NFL he has never made a draft day trade.

583406[/snapback]

After Polian left, Marv was VP of Football Operations and Butler's boss.

Butler evaluated the talent, but Marv had veto power over who was selected.

The president, general manager, head coach, offensive coordinator, defensive coordinator, strength and conditioning coach, ticket prices, uniforms, non red endzones, 12th man, Jerry Sullivan, wall crusades, pickle juice, e-bullying, Kirk, Picard.

We' ll figure out something.

583395[/snapback]

We'll ALWAYS have Jerry Sullivan.

LURKER!

(Picard>Kirk)

we have so many needs, i would be against trading away picks to move up a couple of spots. We should get an excellent player at #8, probably the answer to DT. (hopefully)

Interesting that the DL coach was the 1st assistant hired....wonder if that says anything about the way the bills are leaning with that 1st pick?

He looks very good and is clearly the OL class of this draft, but I simply do not see D'Brick being such a stone cold lock that we can trade up for him.  I think we only take him if he slips to #8 and also if no one is welling to trade us additional resources for the #8.

583118[/snapback]

I agree with what FFS said in his post, especially this point.

As for the OL, I would rather see the Bills target the expereinced OL in FA so the Bills KNOW what they are getting from the OL versus what COULD BE. It appears that the Bills have talent at the skill position on offense to succeed right now (Willis, Evans, Moulds)

Go out and get proven guys on the OL to best utilize that talent. And you know what? if the OL play improves and the skill position players production does NOT improve that much, then the Bills know they have to make some changes in the skill positions. For once and for all, lets find out if a guy like Willis is worth holding onto for years to come.

While most of us here realize there is a lot of work to do to get the Bills to legitimate SB contender status, the Bills do need to show improvements sooner then later, so landing a very good LT or C that can be succesful right now to me makes more sense, and not paying to move up in the draft so the Bills can have a well balanced draft.