TMQ on Jauron hire

hootie1

http://www.superbowl.com/news/story/9185158

"In other football news, Harvard grad Marv Levy is now the Bills' general manager and Yale alum Dick Jauron the Bills' coach, giving Buffalo an all-Ivy front office. Pip pip, you chaps! On an exclusive basis, TMQ has learned that the Bills will replace their locker room with a lecture hall; players will be required to write term papers; the traditional Gatorade shower in the moment of victory will become a fino sherry shower served with priscutto and melon. Fans will cheer, "Please see fit to exert reasonable effort!" After bad calls the crowd will shout at the officials, "We beg to differ!"

"In other football news, Harvard grad Marv Levy is now the Bills' general manager and Yale alum Dick Jauron the Bills' coach, giving Buffalo an all-Ivy front office. Pip pip, you chaps! On an exclusive basis, TMQ has learned that the Bills will replace their locker room with a lecture hall; players will be required to write term papers; the traditional Gatorade shower in the moment of victory will become a fino sherry shower served with priscutto and melon. Fans will cheer, "Please see fit to exert reasonable effort!" After bad calls the crowd will shout at the officials, "We beg to differ!"

582470[/snapback]

Or, how about, "Hey! Not fair! Daddy paid good money so I could be here!"

I can't speak for the fans, but I've heard Marv shout a lot of things at the officials, but never, "I beg to differ". :ph34r:

582477[/snapback]

Heh. TMQ as making an uncredited reference of a Duke basketball game a few years ago. After obscenities were spewed about a bad call, the Duke adults went on the PA and told the student body to stop it. So at the next controversy, they voiced "we beg to differ". :unsure:

I seem to remember The Dean starting a "Suppress them! Suppress them! Make them relinquish the ball!" chant at the Titans game a few years back...

As always, years ahead of his time...

I seem to remember The Dean starting a "Suppress them! Suppress them! Make them relinquish the ball!" chant at the Titans game a few years back...

As always, years ahead of his time...

582799[/snapback]

Yes...and I rarely get the credit. Thanks for remembering.

Of course, I didn't coin that chant. Just happen to like it.

I'm thinking that after a Bills turnover we shout, "Heaven's No!"

582470[/snapback]

IF JAURON wore glasses we could call him 'QUIGLEY'.

582470[/snapback]

Yet another "journalist" poking fun at the upper management.

I'd rather hear these guys just say it was a bad choice than to turn it into a Saturday Night Live skit.

:ph34r: