This will be a PR nightmare...

scribo

The media storm is going to be unbearable for the Bills. It is going to be clearly spelled out that Marv is doing his friend, Jauron, a huge favor, at the expense of the team. The worst part is that it will become obvious that Marv is crazy enough to actually believe this is best for the team as well.

Season ticket holders are going to cancel. And...

I predict that Ralph will change his mind within the next 10 days, fire Marv and Dick, and bring in Mike Sherman. This will, of course, be worse than even what we have. This crap will only get deeper.

The real problem the Bills have now is that without TD, no one is capable of selling us all on the new coach.

Well, this is going over well...

About 15 hours after the news broke nationally, and here is a sampling of the front page threads:

*This Team Cannot Compete in Today's NFL

*If Marvelous wiffed this bad on a head coach, just wait until the draft.

*FIRE MARV - he's now useless, actually harmful

*Bills have no credibility - Fans have no confidence

*The sky is full of parachutes - Jauronimo!!!

*Go back to Chicago MArv!! Similar to Donohoe's decisions

*Dick Jauron - Cousin of Satan

*While Jauron might end up being a success, don't try to sell him to us!

*Marv "Riley" when does he take over

*Its over, why bother watching this team? Jauron is a complete LOSER, boycott!!

And the current "Are you happy with the Bills decision to hire Dick Jauron as Coach?"poll is currently:

YES 20.73%

NO 79.27%

Guest BackInDaDay

It's to the point where you just have to laugh at how ridiculous this franchise has become. The good news is, that Ralph doesn't give a ****, otherwise this would kill 'im.

It's to the point where you just have to laugh at how ridiculous this franchise has become.  The good news is, that Ralph doesn't give a ****, otherwise this would kill 'im.

579577[/snapback]

I think that Ralph has reached the point where he runs around One Bills Drive like Clark Griswold at the end of Christmas Vacation.

Well, this is going over well...

About 15 hours after the news broke nationally, and here is a sampling of the front page threads:

*This Team Cannot Compete in Today's NFL

*If Marvelous wiffed this bad on a head coach, just wait until the draft.

*FIRE MARV - he's now useless, actually harmful

*Bills have no credibility - Fans have no confidence

*The sky is full of parachutes - Jauronimo!!!

*Go back to Chicago MArv!! Similar to Donohoe's decisions

*Dick Jauron - Cousin of Satan

*While Jauron might end up being a success, don't try to sell him to us!

*Marv "Riley" when does he take over

*Its over, why bother watching this team? Jauron is a complete LOSER, boycott!!

And the current "Are you happy with the Bills decision to hire Dick Jauron as Coach?"poll is currently:

YES 20.73%

NO 79.27%

579564[/snapback]

The common theme among those threads is that they were started by clueless people (all of us). There could be four trillion threads with similar titles and it would mean absolutely nothing.

Guest BackInDaDay
I think that Ralph has reached the point where he runs around One Bills Drive like Clark Griswold at the end of Christmas Vacation.

579584[/snapback]

"Jelly-of -the-Month Club!" :D

"It's the gift that keeps on givin' " :lol:

The media storm is going to be unbearable for the Bills. It is going to be clearly spelled out that Marv is doing his friend, Jauron, a huge favor, at the expense of the team. The worst part is that it will become obvious that Marv is crazy enough to actually believe this is best for the team as well.

Season ticket holders are going to cancel. And...

I predict that Ralph will change his mind within the next 10 days, fire Marv and Dick, and bring in Mike Sherman. This will, of course, be worse than even what we have. This crap will only get deeper.

The real problem the Bills have now is that without TD, no one is capable of selling us all on the new coach.

579392[/snapback]

My fear is that Marv, in his first major move as GM, blew any of the "TD and his Steeler connection" stuff out of the water with this buddy hook up.

I am trying real hard to accept the choice that was made. I am a Bills fan first, before any coach or player. With that said, why do I have this bad feeling in the pit of my stomach? It’s the same feeling I had each time the Bills lost the Super Bowl. Something just isn’t right with this pick. We had an excellent choice at hand, and blew the call. We had a proven winner ready to take charge and we settled on mediocrity. It’s almost like we had a Jim Kelly in his prime sitting there and we took Rob Johnson. Why, why, why?

The media storm would be a piece of cake if we make the playoffs next year. If Marv and Dick want to shut us up...that's all they have to do. I'll be the first in line in sack cloth and ashes if that happens. Given DJ's track record I kind of doubt it, but stranger things have happened.

The common theme among those threads is that they were started by clueless people (all of us).  There could be four trillion threads with similar titles and it would mean absolutely nothing.

579588[/snapback]

I think we can all agree on one thing: when it comes to accurately predicting the future results of a present day decision at OBD, we suck. All of us suck. You can take everything we know about running a football team, scribble it down on a piece of paper, crumble up the paper and shove it up the ass of a gnat.

We're that !@#$ing stupid, and the number of people who are 100% full-goose-bozo sure that they know how the hiring of Jauron is going to play out...when no one even knows who will be OC and DC...is utterly staggering.

Fortunately, I don't listen to anyone.

Except Soprano.

At least he doesn't ramble.

579392[/snapback]

Do you actually think Sherman would be at all interested in the Bills after this?? OBD is not gonna attract any high profile coaching talent as long as RW's running the show. As you say, the excrement will only get deeper.

My fear is that Marv, in his first major move as GM, blew any of the "TD and his Steeler connection" stuff out of the water with this buddy hook up.

579664[/snapback]

At least TD picked coaches off of teams with winning records. (Not that it helped.)

I think we can all agree on one thing: when it comes to accurately predicting the future results of a present day decision at OBD, we suck. All of us suck. You can take everything we know about running a football team, scribble it down on a piece of paper, crumble up the paper and shove it up the ass of a gnat.

We're that !@#$ing stupid, and the number of people who are 100% full-goose-bozo sure that they know how the hiring of Jauron is going to play out...when no one even knows who will be OC and DC...is utterly staggering.

Fortunately, I don't listen to anyone.

Except Soprano.

At least he doesn't ramble.

579683[/snapback]

I agree with you LA all things being equal. But there not. If the Bills didnt have a long and consistent history of going cheap on coaching and making bad management decisions, I would listen to what you are saying and keep my mouth shut. This looks like more of the same to me. Im starting to think that either Wilson is just too old and senile or he is deliberatley trying to scuttle the team to make a move easier.

And this is a problem because...?

579909[/snapback]

Because TD failed by trying to raid/copy a Superbowl team, and now Marv is trying to win by raiding a basement-dwelling team. You see the problem in that now?

E-mail from BB.com:

Live News Conference on Buffalobills.com

Be sure to join Buffalobills.com on Monday, January 23 at approximately 2:30 p.m. (ET) as we provide live streaming video coverage, in its entirety, of the scheduled news conference in Orchard Park, NY.

What are Bills fans speculating the news may be? Login to the Buffalo Bills message board to find out.

Yeah, I wonder what the news is.

It's to the point where you just have to laugh at how ridiculous this franchise has become.  The good news is, that Ralph doesn't give a ****, otherwise this would kill 'im.

579577[/snapback]

Ha Ha Ha.. that's true.. at least they are funny!

If the Bills are not going to win.. at least they should be a hoot to watch!