Here come the "chicken little" Bills fans....

IndyMark

While it is a 'fans' right to bemoan, whine, cry, give up, become fatally depressed by this apparent and alleged hire of Dick Jauron, as I read some of the posts here a few things become evident....

(a) if this is the lowest point you have seen this franchise, you must not be older than 24. If you are, you have not been a fan long or have a really really selective memory.

(b) the lack of trust you have in Marv Levy is somewhat amusing and equally amazing. Do you think he would hire a complete moron? Were you in the interview? As I stated before, maybe Sherman wanted too much MONEY, POWER, and TIME to build a 'winner'. Whereas Jauron appeared more tempered and realistic. Given Shermans track record that could have hurt him.

© Have we even seen a press conference yet to hear the 'story'? No so how can anyone be 'convinced' this or that happened?

I guess there will be an influx in season tickets this year as some of you have stated yu cannot bear to watch this anymore. To that I say.......WOO HOO...maybe it is about time I go in with my three brothers and invest!

(a) if this is the lowest point you have seen this franchise, you must not be older than 24.  If you are, you have not been a fan long or have a really really selective memory.

578379[/snapback]

Yes, and we wear our ineptitude as a badge of honor around here. <_<

(b) the lack of trust you have in Marv Levy is somewhat amusing and equally amazing.  Do you think he would hire a complete moron? 

578379[/snapback]

Puppet is a more likely word choice than moron.

While it is a 'fans' right to bemoan, whine, cry, give up, become fatally depressed by this apparent and alleged hire of Dick Jauron, as I read some of the posts here a few things become evident....

(a) if this is the lowest point you have seen this franchise, you must not be older than 24.  If you are, you have not been a fan long or have a really really selective memory.

(b) the lack of trust you have in Marv Levy is somewhat amusing and equally amazing.  Do you think he would hire a complete moron?  Were you in the interview?  As I stated before, maybe Sherman wanted too much MONEY, POWER, and TIME to build a 'winner'.  Whereas Jauron appeared more tempered and realistic.  Given Shermans track record that could have hurt him.

© Have we even seen a press conference yet to hear the 'story'? No so how can anyone be 'convinced' this or that happened?

I guess there will be an influx in season tickets this year as some of you have stated yu cannot bear to watch this anymore.  To that I say.......WOO HOO...maybe it is about time I go in with my three brothers and invest!

578379[/snapback]

I have been a fan of the Bills for 42 years. This is the lowest. Lower than Harvey Johnson low.

(b) the lack of trust you have in Marv Levy is somewhat amusing and equally amazing. Do you think he would hire a complete moron

578379[/snapback]

and he deserves this "trust" because... errr... he has been a successful GM who knows how to pick head coaches? <_<

He may not hire a moron, but I'm sure he would hire a "buddy" from back home, regardless of what the situation calls for.

I have been a fan of the Bills for 42 years.  This is the lowest.  Lower than Harvey Johnson low.

578393[/snapback]

Think about that for one moment........you can seriously say an OFFSEASON move is the lowest point? You mean to say Kay Stephanson and Hank Bullough and Greggo Williams had you feeling better?

Really, that is a mighty bizarre perspective.

Think about that for one moment........you can seriously say an OFFSEASON move is the lowest point? You mean to say Kay Stephanson and Hank Bullough and Greggo Williams had you feeling better?

579025[/snapback]

I expected better from Marv Levy.

Williams?  When he unveiled his rolodex and brought the megaphone to camp, he had the kool-aid krew here drooling, if not releasing liquids from other orifices.

:lol:  :D  :D

579031[/snapback]

True, true. There were people on this board having orgasms when Gregg-o was hired. He was going to whip that fat, lazy team into shape and take charge!

WAHOOOOOOOO!!! :lol::rolleyes:

579025[/snapback]

He's right. The Bills are in their longest playoff drought ever, and with Dicknose as head coach it's only going to get worse before it gets better. Sad, sad times. I actually would have taken Mularkey over Jauron. In fact, I have more respect for Mularkey now than ever for telling miser Wilson to take this job and shove it.

I expected better from Marv Levy.

579035[/snapback]

But what if Sherman backed Marv in a corner and said I also want 'x' and 'y' and Marv seeing how that turned out with TD and Greggo and MM thought, correctly so, slow down....we want you as HC and that is it.

This is not even to say that Shermans track record, while maybe laudible as HC, was fairly poor as 'GM' or whatever title he had.

I think Marv was prudent in this process and brought in a HC, period. One who, while will have control of some things, will be closely monitored and maybe Jauron welcomes that.

Again, I go back to the TIMELINE. RW and ML do not have the luxury of the Mike Holmgren plan (7 years for a superbowl berth). They cannot afford to 'trust' someone with their own plan. They have a plan and will find people who share it.

Again, how much worse can we be?

(b) the lack of trust you have in Marv Levy is somewhat amusing and equally amazing.  Do you think he would hire a complete moron?  Were you in the interview?  As I stated before, maybe Sherman wanted too much MONEY, POWER, and TIME to build a 'winner'.  Whereas Jauron appeared more tempered and realistic.  Given Shermans track record that could have hurt him.

I guess there will be an influx in season tickets this year as some of you have stated yu cannot bear to watch this anymore.  To that I say.......WOO HOO...maybe it is about time I go in with my three brothers and invest!

578379[/snapback]

Unfortunately, this is the same kind of rhetoric I heard when people tried to talk up the hirings of Greggie, and MM. How did those turn out? The fans aren't as blind or stupid as some may think. Heck, we can even summize basic, not too complicated concepts like: If it looks like a rat, smells like a rat, then by golly it is a rat.

But what if Sherman backed Marv in a corner and said I also want 'x' and 'y' and Marv seeing how that turned out with TD and Greggo and MM thought, correctly so, slow down....we want you as HC and that is it.

This is not even to say that Shermans track record, while maybe laudible as HC, was fairly poor as 'GM' or whatever title he had.

I think Marv was prudent in this process and brought in a HC, period.  One who, while will have control of some things, will be closely monitored and maybe Jauron welcomes that.

Again, I go back to the TIMELINE.  RW and ML do not have the luxury of the Mike Holmgren plan (7 years for a superbowl berth).  They cannot afford to 'trust' someone with their own plan.  They have a plan and will find people who share it.

Again, how much worse can we be?

579045[/snapback]

I'm afraid we have just seen the beginning of their plan and I am sick over it.

578379[/snapback]

I don't think you understand the gravity of the situation. The sky has already fallen and we are shrouded in darkness. Unless, we see playoffs consistently from here on out. Even you don't doubt that.