Well, After All That......

and made a big mistake in doing so imo. :lol:

Toussaint seemed to be goaded and driven all along by a rival faction of the union. He had a chance for binding arbitration. He still does, but the some of the public seems to have turned on him, and his workers might get a worse deal than the one negotiated. I have seen this happen.

Remember, the "rival faction" has little to lose at this point.

I don't know for sure, but it seems that Toussaint was more concerned with losing the election than the big picture for his members. He impressed me a few years ago. Now, it appears that he was in a bit over his head, or that his head got too big.

A Lot Lost, Nothing Gained

PS: Go ahead KD in Ct, kick my a$$! :lol::doh::devil:

and made a big mistake in doing so imo.  :lol:

Toussaint seemed to be goaded and driven all along by a rival faction of the union. He had a chance for binding arbitration. He still does, but the some of the public seems to have turned on him, and his workers might get a worse deal than the one negotiated. I have seen this happen.

Remember, the "rival faction" has little to lose at this point.

I don't know for sure, but it seems that Toussaint was more concerned with losing the election than the big picture for his members. He impressed me a few years ago. Now, it appears that he was in a bit over his head, or that his head got too big.

A Lot Lost, Nothing Gained

PS: Go ahead KD in Ct, kick my a$$!  :lol:  :doh:  :devil:

575780[/snapback]

Since I did not want to ruin Mark VI's football thread with a union rant, you mentioned that you were forced to work mandatory overtime during the Bills-Raiders game? I thought you were a member of a union to prevent you working long hours. Isn't that one of the arguments used for why unions are so important, so that you are not forced by management to work longer hours?

Since I did not want to ruin Mark VI's football thread with a union rant, you mentioned that you were forced to work mandatory overtime during the Bills-Raiders game? I thought you were a member of a union to prevent you working long hours. Isn't that one of the arguments used for why unions are so important, so that you are not forced by management to work longer hours?

575835[/snapback]

Sure. In one of your aniti-labor rants, did you not infer that all unionized workers rule the roost and can do anything that they want? :blink:

Sure. In one of your aniti-labor rants, did you not infer that all unionized workers rule the roost and can do anything that they want?  :rolleyes:

577725[/snapback]

...and in one of your pro-union rants, didn't you argue that unions were necessary to prevent management from forcing people to work long hours?