Sherman or Jauron

jrfife22

Playing devil's advocate:

Brett Favre vs. Shane Matthews, Cade McNown, Jim Miller, Kordell Stewart, Chris Chandler, Henry Burris and Rex Grossman.

573986[/snapback]

good point but i woiuld take Cade McNown lol i just dont know that much about Jauron and i like Sherman besides the Brett Favre factor

Playing devil's advocate:

Brett Favre vs. Shane Matthews, Cade McNown, Jim Miller, Kordell Stewart, Chris Chandler, Henry Burris and Rex Grossman.

573986[/snapback]

Doens't that also prove that although Sherman DID have the luxury of one of the best QBs ever to play the game, on the flip side Jauron had SERIOUS offensive issues? Look at how many QBs he ran through...I'd have serious doubts about this defensive guru's ability to help our crappy offense.

To me, Sherman gives us the best chance to return to decent play the quickest. Didnt Marv say his goals were to win the Superbowl as fast as he could? Definitely wouldnt get there by bringing in a guy who has failed twice now at putting together a decent offense in Jauron. That may be a bit harsh considering he only had 6 weeks as Lions HC, but still...doesnt give me much confidence in him.

Comparing guys by records alone is an extremely dangerous method for picking a coach. Just like with players, a guy does NOT win or lose any games, he is merely a part of the whole, and it's the team ONLY that carries the win/loss record. If I like Sherman (and I do) I'm gonna point to his game day coaching adjustments, his ability in close games, his team's discipline and his ability to work with his staff along with "his" record.

Comparing guys by records alone is an extremely dangerous method for picking a coach. Just like with players, a guy does NOT win or lose any games, he is merely a part of the whole, and it's the team ONLY that carries the win/loss record. If I like Sherman (and I do) I'm gonna point to his game day coaching adjustments, his ability in close games, his team's discipline and his ability to work with his staff along with "his" record.

574016[/snapback]

then why do coaches get fired on there record..... that plays a HUGE part of it

then why do coaches get fired on there record..... that plays a HUGE part of it

574029[/snapback]

They don't. They usually get fired for multiple reasons including the record. Certainly never just due to record alone.

Sherman. It's a no-brainer, imo.

Now whether the Bills will make the obvious choice......depends on the musings of a couple of old guys. Also salary might be factor here as Sherman was making over $3 mil at GB. Ralph's history says he won't pony up that much for a head coach.

This is a pickle. Sherman is the obvious choice with his won-loss record. The question about Jauron is can we trust Marv Levy's judgement if he selects his buddy? If you assume Marv knows what he's doing, then there is something about Jauron that makes him qualified besides his W-L record.

I really hope it's not a $$$ issue. I would be terribly disappointed if Jauron was hired just because he's cheaper. I'd also be unhappy if Sherman was passed over because Levy feels threatened by Sherman asking for more say in personnel issues.

The Bills have to pick a winner, and right now, I'm leaning toward Sherman. There are more plusses than minuses with him.

PTR