Sabres...

If you're not watching you're missing a terrific example of the "new" NHL. Tim Connolly just tied the game with a spectacular end to end rush, beating all three Edmonton Oilers and then going five hole.

Lots of good skating and big time hitting. There could be some nastiness as Jay McKee hit Al Hemsky with a knee, which started a brouhaha that led to 29 minutes in penalties and the ejection of Dmitri Kalinin for being the third man in.

Good times.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

It wasn't a Marchment type hit because he did get the shoulder into Hemsky's chest but he did drag his back leg.

570292[/snapback]

Looks like he caught hemsky in the jewels.

I expected the color guy for the Oilers to be better. He's killin' me.

Looks like he caught hemsky in the jewels.

I expected the color guy for the Oilers to be better. He's killin' me.

570348[/snapback]

He's definitely an Oiler homer. I liked it when he accused Roy of diving everytime someone touches him - never mind that he's always at least a stride in front of whoever is hooking him.

He's definitely an Oiler homer.  I liked it when he accused Roy of diving everytime someone touches him - never mind that he's always at least a stride in front of whoever is hooking him.

570350[/snapback]

It's not the Chinese water torture invoked by listening to the Florida/Tampa/Carolina crew, but I expected much better from Edmonton.

Sabres better punch another in. The Oilers are filing like ants into the box and we can't capitalize.

I'm watching the Canadien broadcast. The picture quality is 10x better than that of MSN. Anyway kind of funny to hear them comment on how Ryan Miller should be the US's goalie in the olympics. They really need to take advantage of the shorthanded opportunities.

Edit: Sorry didn't see that someone sle alreasy posted that quote~Darin

It's not the Chinese water torture invoked by listening to the Florida/Tampa/Carolina crew, but I expected much better from Edmonton.

Sabres better punch another in. The Oilers are filing like ants into the box and we can't capitalize.

570355[/snapback]

The worst so far this season has been Washington's "team". I like Rick Peckham (the Lightning PbP guy). He was the Amerks PbP guy when I was growing up.

1 for 10 on the powerplay is a joke. We're doing alot of standing around watching right now. Some of that has to do with the guys who're missing and some of it has to do with not wanting any part of Staios, Pronger, Smith, Green, etc.

The worst so far this season has been Washington's "team".  I like Rick Peckham (the Lightning PbP guy).  He was the Amerks PbP guy when I was growing up.

1 for 10 on the powerplay is a joke.  We're doing alot of standing around watching right now.  Some of that has to do with the guys who're missing and some of it has to do with not wanting any part of Staios, Pronger, Smith, Green, etc.

570363[/snapback]

They really are doing a great job of getting in our shooter lanes, however the Sabres are doing just as good of a job imo.

Looks like we're not going to be satisfied until we give them enough PPs to tie it up.  Move your feet, damnit!

570385[/snapback]

Too many lapses tonight. Even on even strenght the Sabres are letting them hold the momentum too long.

I was just thinking how well Max is seeing the ice and he leads Paille by 10ft too much on a pass. Oh well. :blink: