OK, well, this is kick in the balls part two....

Total bogus bulls#it.

http://www.nfl.com/ce/multi/0,3783,4893094,00.html]Fox Resume Part I

Also:

The rest of the story.

"It could be that John still has something to prove after so many stops. Boise, ID, Ames, IA, Lawrence, KS. They were all on his résumé before he reached the NFL as a secondary coach for the Pittsburgh Steelers in 1989. Even then, he stayed on the move - San Diego from 1992-1993, Oakland from 1994-1995, and St. Louis in 1996 - before reaching the Giants as defensive coordinator."

"However, his success as a coordinator did not begin with the Giants. Before serving as a consultant to the Rams in 1996, he engineered the Oakland Raiders defense to a 10th-place finish in total defense in 1994 and 11th in 1995. At Oakland, he worked with future Giants head coach Jim Fassel.

Before joining Oakland, John was the secondary coach under Bobby Ross at San Diego in 1992 and 1993. John started his NFL coaching career with the Pittsburgh Steelers as defensive backs coach from 1989-1991, overseeing the top-rated pass defense in 1990.

John moved to the Steelers from the University of Pittsburgh, where he served as defensive coordinator and secondary coach for the Panthers from 1986 through 1988. In each of his three seasons, the Pittsburgh pass defense was statistically ranked among the top 10 in the nation.

Prior to his three-year stay with Pittsburgh, John made eight moves in as many seasons as he worked his way through the coaching ranks, including a foray into professional football with the Los Angeles Express of the USFL in 1985. Starting as a graduate assistant at his alma mater of San Diego State in 1978, John became an assistant at United States International University a year later and made a succession of moves to Boise State in 1980, Long Beach State in 1981, Utah in 1982, Kansas in 1983, and Iowa State in 1984."

The guy has moved around, but to say he hurt Al Davis' feelings and by extension - Ralph's is ridiculous. Maybe you could say Fox reminded him of Lou Saban - maybe. But that's a horse of a different color. Besides, if TD was such a strong leader and President of the organization, if he had a pair he would have hired Fox - IF Fox was his guy. He obviously wasn't - for whatever reason.

569055[/snapback]

take it easy, man!! like i said, it was a *rumor*, and i also said in a subsequent post that people should feel free to discount it. as for wilson, i do think that regardless of how much power he delegated to donohoe, he always was involved in the coaching choice and his seal of approval was necessary. as for davis, ralph is friends with him. davis does (or did -- i have no idea if he has maintained the grudge) actually hate fox. whether that was a determining factor i don't know. in 2001, i don't think that fox was any more of a hot commodity than williams. both ran good defenses, obviously.

The guy has moved around, but to say he hurt Al Davis' feelings and by extension - Ralph's is ridiculous. Maybe you could say Fox reminded him of Lou Saban - maybe. But that's a horse of a different color. Besides, if TD was such a strong leader and President of the organization, if he had a pair he would have hired Fox - IF Fox was his guy. He obviously wasn't - for whatever reason.

569055[/snapback]

There's nothing in that story that says anything in how he left Oakland. Saying that he had the 11th ranked D in his last saeson in Oakland without providing more info on his departure is like saying that RJ is the highest rated QB in Bills history.

There's nothing in that story that says anything in how he left Oakland.  Saying that he had the 11th ranked D in his last saeson in Oakland without providing more info on his departure is like saying that RJ is the highest rated QB in Bills history.

569075[/snapback]

he did definitely abandon the raiders. i remember when it happened. it lit up xtra 690 for a week or so. :w00t:

he did definitely abandon the raiders. i remember when it happened. it lit up xtra 690 for a week or so. :w00t:

569092[/snapback]

I love my invention. here you go.

(I owe me $0.02)

John Fox, who resigned unexpectedly as the Oakland Raiders' defensive coordinator just two weeks before the start of last season, was named the New York Giants' defensive coordinator by Jim Fassel on Wednesday.

The hiring is Fassel's first since replacing Dan Reeves as the Giants coach last week, and it comes as somewhat of a surprise.

Jacksonville Jaguars defenssel gave it to Fox, who coached at Oakland with him in 1995.

While Fox never said why he resigned in August, it was widely rumored in the media that Raiders' owners Al Davis asked him to step down following a 27-6 preseason loss to Atlanta.

Fox spent this past season working as a consultant for the St. Louis Rams.

``It was important for me that I hire someone that I've had some experience with and someone who I've seen operate as a coordinator,'' Fassel said in a statement. ``My year with the Oakland Raiders I saw John do what I consider an outstanding job of overall coordination of the defense with a very sound scheme and outstanding motivation of the players.

He's obviously a good coach and one that's worked his ass off to move up through the ranks and get a chance to be a HC. Talk about moving your family around! Holy crap. The guy's dedicated. He's probably the best guy that Fassel had on his staff.

I've got my own suspicions about Ralphie and his meddling over the years has muffed up the team from time to time (RJ/DF, Wade's dismissal).

I just think we're going to be in for a rough period here with the national media taking pot shots at him just because he's an easy target.