The official "JP Losman out only 4 - 8 more weeks"

So what you're saying is put him in now (right after he recovers which he might be 50/50) have him play take a chance on him getting hurt along with the ZIPPO experience liek U mentioned and have a probability of him getting hurt again B\C we must be prepared for that POSSIBLE SCENARIO NOW (which by the way is very high) instead of just holding off and have at full strength for the future of the team..

41306[/snapback]

My position is that if DB and this offense is still struggling this bad when Losman returns to the roster, Losman should begin taking reps with the first team in practice for one to two weeks and should then start.

MAN......Its obvious that our diff in opinions is what we feel would benefit the team...obviuosly what you think will help the BILLS and I respect but don't agree with it...just like what I think U don't agree. The cool thing about is that we both are intrested in what will make the team better........lets see what happens down the line

Okay, then. Let's NEVER put JP in as the starter b/c he might break a nail!! When the doctors say he's ready to go, he can go. PERIOD.

And sorry to say, but Brady and Pennington were 2nd year players on paper only. That, and, Manning was probably the strongest part of an otherwise weak Colts team his first season. Just like the Drew apologists, you can't blame him for the faults of others. Only, Manning was able to succeed and get better despite his surrounding cast, then last year they should have gone to the SB when they had the cast assembled. We've got the players assembled around Drew, we actually have a D. But he's too old to learn new tricks and he doesn't fit the offense, folks. That's how Brady is able to succeed.

We're still trying to jam the square peg into the round hole.

41195[/snapback]

What does "Brady and Pennington were 2nd year players on paper only" mean? Both guys spent a year learning the teams offense and what life in the NFL was like. Since Brady was a 6th pick and Pennington played at a small school, there's little doubt that it contributed to their sucess.

And what makes you think that the Bills supporting cast is any better than Manning's, which included Marshall Faulk and Marvin Harrison?

The point is that putting JP in is only going to help JP, it's not going to turn the Bills into a winning team.

No doubt JP's the future, and he might be a spark, but if we're depending on him, and only him, to turn this thing around, it's not going to happen (this year).

So if the team believes the season is lost by the time JP heals, I have no problem putting him in.

But if the team is going to turn THIS season around, the coaches are going to have to work around the QB position.

They're going to have to accelerate McGahee's and Evans' development, take more chances on D, and pray that the OLine has some kind of epiphany.