I love watching Annie Duke lose at poker

Pete

Anyone see any good Bills game highlights on sports center or NFL? No? Niether did I! Cause they are showing f'ing poker!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DIE ESPN, DIE! DIE! DIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bills highlights? From this year?? How about that 9 yard run where we did not get flagged for holding. Thats about as good as it gets for this teams highlight film

Bills highlights?  From this year??  How about that 9 yard run where we did not get flagged for holding.  Thats about as good as it gets for this teams highlight film

40728[/snapback]

I didn't realize that people actually watch other people play cards on TV...

What's next on espn, the International Uno Games?

I didn't realize that people actually watch other people play cards on TV...

You must not watch alot of TV. ESPN can not go two commercial breaks without a poker commercial, its on fox, the deuce, espn classic, the game show network, the travel network, commericals are on discovery, history channel, comedy central, TLC, etc. I bet there is a poker channel very soon. BTW the best ratings ever on discovery channel were when they aired the WSOP

Guilty as charged. Local news, Bills games, and Sabres' games.

I try to avoid espn. Too much "e" and not enough "s" for my tastes. Makes me miss CNNSI.

I agree. ESPN sucks now. Even my beloved Sportscenter is not very good now. Overproduced, too much style over substance. ESPN has gone downhill ever since Disney bought it. I wish ESPN would revert back to the days of a simple desk, Tom Mees, Chris Berman, Dan Patrick, Keith Olberman, Craig Kilborn. I cannot stand Stewart Scott to the point where I turn the channel. I miss CNNSI too. I remember Vince Delici and the play of the day. Hell I prefer George Michaels sports machine to ESPN now. I also prefer ESPNews.

pete, i have to say...the tone of this post is disappointing. i'd expect more from a guy who honors one of the best songs ever written in his sig line.

it's good to see annie duke embarrass you from miles away, without her knowing.

think you could take her head up?

Annie is a B word. Did you see the WSOP episode where she bitched out the young kid for some trivial matter. She was furious for no reason and even called over a Binions attendent who said there was nothing he could do. The whole table told her she was out of line and the commentators even commented how inappropriate Annie was acting. I also read Positively Fifth Street about the 2000 WSOP. She was in a showdown with a young kid and the kid made a strong bet. Annie folded and when the kid reached for his chips Annie turned over his down cards and looked at them. That is very serious and she should of been thrown out of the whole tournament. Officials came over and were not sure what to do. Annie batted her eyes and they did nothing but warn her. I have seen her pull lots of other crap too. She is up there with Mike the Mouth and Minh the Master as my most disliked poker players.

Pete I don't like Annie much either, but you gotta get some stuff straight.

What she was complaining about was a showdown hand, Youngblood mucked his cards when you are supposed to show them down in tournament play. Annie won the hand but his actions were incorrect. She is friends with him and taught him how to play Omaha. Matt Savage the tournament director agreed with her and he apologized and that was it. I don't blame her for being upset.

In the McMannus book she was out of line but it was not with some young kid. It was against another top pro and they play together all the time. She knew she had acted wrongly and apologized to the whole table. They didn't "let her off" as it never got out of hand.