First Major new album of 2006 to be released..

The Dean

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000E5N62...-0779359?n=5174

Donald Fagen, Morph the Cat

A single, H-Town, will be released at the end of January (although one station that streams at 1071thepeak.com is playing it now, I'm told).

Buzz surrounding the album is awesome.

Fagen will support with a tour...only date released right now is Chicago Theatre March 18th, I think. Rumor he will be in Long Island on March 3rd.

Walter Becker also getting ready to release a solo album.

Finally, Steely Dan may tour late summer.

Could be a great year for music!

:doh::doh:;):D:D

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000E5N62...-0779359?n=5174

Donald Fagen, Morph the Cat

A single, H-Town, will be released at the end of January (although one station that streams at 1071thepeak.com is playing it now, I'm told).

Buzz surrounding the album is awesome.

Fagen will support with a tour...only date released right now is Chicago Theatre March 18th, I think.  Rumor he will be in Long Island on March 3rd.

Walter Becker also getting ready to release a solo album.

Finally, Steely Dan may tour late summer.

Could be a great year for music!

:doh:  :doh:  ;)  :D  :D

567115[/snapback]

Beat you by one day...

David Gilmour, "On An Island," March 6, 2006. :D

Beat you by one day...

David Gilmour, "On An Island," March 6, 2006.  :doh:

567190[/snapback]

I'd call that "nice"...not major. But, that's me. :doh:

Still, it will be interested to see what Gilmore brings to the table this year, I'll give ya that.

Jones Beach?  That's a great spot for a show.

567192[/snapback]

Actually, the rumor is he wilol be at the North Fork Theatre at Westbury (formerly, the Westbury Music Fair) on 3/3. Sounds like an odd venue for him...but, I'd go in a minute if I were there.

BTW...North Shore Theatre...3/10...Dave Mason and Leon Russell...WOW! :doh:

http://www.musicfair.com/main.html

Who's the opener, Spinal Tap or puppet show?

567576[/snapback]

Why weren't you at the Star watching the Sabres?

But to answer your really stupid question...

The Donald and The Dan do not have opening acts. Who could possibly play to the level their fans demand?

Actually...I have a great idea. The Dan (or Fagen) and Van Morrison. Dan and Van...now THAT'S a concert!

:(:unsure::blink:

I'd call that "nice"...not major.  But, that's me.  :w00t:

Still, it will be interested to see what Gilmore brings to the table this year, I'll give ya that.

567358[/snapback]

As a Christmas present to his fans, Gilmour had a download of part of one of his new songs on his website. Nice sounding instrumental, with hints of Dark Side and Shine On.

As a Christmas present to his fans, Gilmour had a download of part of one of his new songs on his website.  Nice sounding instrumental, with hints of Dark Side and Shine On.

568079[/snapback]

Excellent. I'll chcek it out. Thanks

As a Christmas present to his fans, Gilmour had a download of part of one of his new songs on his website.  Nice sounding instrumental, with hints of Dark Side and Shine On.

568079[/snapback]

What's so generous about that? It's like someone giving you one shoe as a present.

What's so generous about that?  It's like someone giving you one shoe as a present.

569458[/snapback]

:pirate::doh::huh:

I'm guessing the "present" part is the release of SOMETHING before the album was ready. But, you make a good point.

:pirate:  :doh:  :huh:

I'm guessing the "present" part is the release of SOMETHING before the album was ready.  But, you make a good point.

569612[/snapback]

Then why not release a whole song? What is Gilmour trying to hide? Could it be that he knows his market is limited to people who are already fans, and releasing an entire song would only hit his wallet and the wallet of the corporate teat he relies on?

David Gilmour doesn't need to make any more money. If he really gave a crap about releasing good material, you know, because he's a musician/artist, he would give it away for free at this point. Shine on you crazy diamond.

Then why not release a whole song?  What is Gilmour trying to hide?  Could it be that he knows his market is limited to people who are already fans, and releasing an entire song would only hit his wallet and the wallet of the corporate teat he relies on?

David Gilmour doesn't need to make any more money.  If he really gave a crap about releasing good material, you know, because he's a musician/artist, he would give it away for free at this point.  Shine on you crazy diamond.

569808[/snapback]

Dude...why such a stick up your ass about Gilmour? You a Waters guy or something? :pirate:

Dude...why such a stick up your ass about Gilmour?  You a Waters guy or something?  :pirate:

569820[/snapback]

:doh::huh:

You guys are funny. Play on, I'm interested to see where this goes...

Fagem, 3/27 at the Wiltern in LA.  WooHoo!

569640[/snapback]

I'm there. Psyched also that I only have to walk a few blocks to see Gilmour at the Kodak Theatre on 4/19.

Dude...why such a stick up your ass about Gilmour?  You a Waters guy or something?  :pirate:

569820[/snapback]

:doh:

I hate them both.

I won't even get into why record company support for a bloated classic rock musician is ruining music as a whole. I will however question why Gilmour would feel the need to release part of a song. I would think an aging artist with a fading/dwindling fan base would jump at the chance to get his art out there...maybe create a buzz...maybe get some new fans. This song won't ever get radio play. This song won't ever be included in anyone's top ten releases for 2006. No one will be browsing through the CDs at a record store and say "Hmm, I wonder what this David Gilmour fellow sounds like. I think I'll spend $13 on an impulse buy." In fact, not a single person who isn't already a Gilmour fan will ever hear it. So, why not give a few tracks away for free? Why not let the faithfull David Gilmour fans get a little something for free for sticking by him for all these years? The answer is cash, and cash only.

I am not commenting on his music, just the thought process by which this generous gift, this left shoe, was tossed out there to be embraced by his thankfull fans.