Trade Talk....

Bill from NYC

1) The raiders are said to be offering a #3 to the jests for Lamont Jordan.

2) The jests are said to be holding out for a #2.

3) If Drew is as bad as you guys think, this season is shot.

4) The raiders beat us, but they suck. I think that we all can agree on this. They will be drafting early.

5) Travis looks like stevestojan this season and will, in all probability, be gone next year.

Based on the above, I propose an imaginary trade. We ship Travis and our #3 to the raiders. In return we receive their #1, a pick that we can put to use on blocking for Losman, yes Losman. I am a fan of Drew, but Buffalobart raised a great point today. Drew may have his brains beaten in ala Kelly and RJ, due to playing behind an OL that sucks. He may be shot. This line will continue to suck unless the Bills make serious moves.

I remind you that Jennings will almost certainly be gone in 05. As proof, I offer both his comments and the Schobel extension. We need to draft OL, and bring them in as free agents so that Losman does not get killed.

In any event, I post this as a fan seeking conversation. You can blast and curse me at will, I dont care. You people have been kind and supportive to me for so long, I am a fan of both the Bills, and you guys and girls on TSW.

GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!GO TBD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!GO SDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PS: It would be a GREAT trade.

I don't think it's a good idea because here's why:

1) I highly doubt the Raiders would offer a #1 pick for Travis and a #3. To put things in perspective, the Patriots were able to get Corey Dillon from the Pats for a #2. I would argue that Dillon and Henry are approximately the same caliber.

2) Travis is a team leader. Granted he might not be the best RB for the future of this team, EVERYONE on the team loves this guy because they have seen the pain he is willing to play through and his work habits. While he may not be an outspoken member of the team, he leads by example. Trading Henry would have very bad lockerroom implications and would make us a much worse team

3) One could argue that becoming a much worse team isn't a bad thing due to draft compensation. Think again. In his latest brilliant move, TD shipped next year's #1 pick to Bill Parcells. A disastrous season would only help Bill Parcells and the Cowboys, not us.

4) Willis is not there yet. We have the luxury of letting Travis take all the pounding behind a horrible O-line at a VERY VERY cheap price. 1400 yard backs don't come cheap in this league unless their name is Travis Henry. We have him sniged through next season at a bargain-basement price. The value there is tremendous.

Do you think it would have been a better move to take him at 13 and still have a #1?

40493[/snapback]

That's a different question, I don't know. I saw that kid Evans run behind a prevent coverage last Sunday, that was pretty freaking cool, but I'm not sure the answer is no, yet. Is that acceptable?

Given the fact that the #13 pick was over and done with, and that on draft day Buffalo started shopping that trade to everyone from #14 on, and that Dallas was the first team to bite, and that Green Bay was ready to take Losman first (all this heresay, of course), I stand by the statement that it was a good trade.

I don't think it's a good idea because here's why:

1) I highly doubt the Raiders would offer a #1 pick for Travis and a #3.  To put things in perspective, the Patriots were able to get Corey Dillon from the Pats for a #2.  I would argue that Dillon and Henry are approximately the same caliber. 

2) Travis is a team leader.  Granted he might not be the best RB for the future of this team, EVERYONE on the team loves this guy because they have seen the pain he is willing to play through and his work habits. While he may not be an outspoken member of the team, he leads by example. Trading Henry would have very bad lockerroom implications and would make us a much worse team

3) One could argue that becoming a much worse team isn't a bad thing due to draft compensation.  Think again.  In his latest brilliant move, TD shipped next year's #1 pick to Bill Parcells.  A disastrous season would only help Bill Parcells and the Cowboys, not us.

4) Willis is not there yet.  We have the luxury of letting Travis take all the pounding behind a horrible O-line at a VERY VERY cheap price. 1400 yard backs don't come cheap in this league unless their name is Travis Henry. We have him sniged through next season at a bargain-basement price.  The value there is tremendous.

40488[/snapback]

>>>1) I highly doubt the Raiders would offer a #1 pick for Travis and a #3. To put things in perspective, the Patriots were able to get Corey Dillon from the Pats for a #2. I would argue that Dillon and Henry are approximately the same caliber. <<<

Truthfully, if pressed, I would trade TH and a #2.

Hindsight being 20/20, I have no problem with drafting both Evans and Losman, trading away next years #1 to do so. This is the Cap age and a solid FA signing in March can trump any draft pick.

The future is Losman at QB, Evans at WR, MaGahee at RB and Euhus at TE. I'm not impressed with the current so-called stars not playing anywhere near their abilities. Tired of living in the past and LOSING. Good Defensive efforts continued to be flushed down the drain. Everyone gets a year older while waiting for the offense to wake up.

Turn the page and energize this team in 2005.

Hindsight being 20/20, I have no problem with drafting both Evans and Losman, trading away next years #1 to do so. This is the Cap age and a solid FA signing in March can trump any draft pick. 

The future is Losman at QB, Evans at WR, MaGahee at RB and Euhus at TE. I'm not impressed with the current so-called stars not playing anywhere near their abilities. Tired of living in the past and LOSING. Good Defensive efforts continued to be flushed down the drain. Everyone gets a year older while waiting for the offense to wake up.

Turn the page and energize this team in 2005.

40509[/snapback]

So what do you think of my dream trade? :D

Yes.  Take Losman at 13, take a wr with our #2 pick and keep our #1 pick next year (which looks like a potential top 10 pick).

40500[/snapback]

Then you would have had to pay Losman more $ then play more $ for a higher draft pick next yr....why bother looking at the past now? Time to look to the future

So what do you think of my dream trade?  :D

40513[/snapback]

That would be a great trade. Bledsoe and Henry have a laundry list of limitations, which is maddening. They do NOT have well rounded games. I'm not directly BLAMING them for 2 losses. That's silly.

Losman and MaGahee have more well rounded games and do NOT limit the playbook. They can ENERGIZE the offense, along with Evans, Euhus, maybe Aiken. They couldn't possibly generate as many negative plays as our PROVEN Losers...er..

I mean Veterans...

That would be a great trade. Bledsoe and Henry have a laundry list of limitations, which is maddening. They do NOT have well rounded games. I'm not directly BLAMING them for 2 losses. That's silly.

Losman and MaGahee have more well rounded games and do NOT limit the playbook. They can ENERGIZE the offense, along with Evans, Euhus, maybe Aiken. They couldn't possibly generate as many negative plays as our PROVEN Losers...er..

I mean Veterans...

40534[/snapback]

Well, I did not make up the part about the jests. It is on 1010 WINS News, the biggest news station in the metropolitan area.

We shall see.

I predict that the moment that we would get rid of Travis in a trade McGahee will get dinged up. The team would need to go with a third stringer with this board will light up in condeming TD for making such a bonehead trade.

The draft is a complete crapshoot. How many on this board wanted McKinnie? How many wanted Kenyatta Jones or Walker? Getting rid of a known quantity for a roll of the dice just does not make sense.

A 2nd round pick.

40560[/snapback]

Raiders would give up a second for Travis Henry because they probably regroup that pick next year by trading LT Barry Sims for high draft choice, so gallery can play LT.

Really dosen't matter right now who the Rb is as it won't change for Raiders till J Grove becomes the center.

Do you think it would have been a better move to take him at 13 and still have a #1?

40493[/snapback]

Perhaps we should have traded out of the #13 spot into the low 20s, and picked up another pick in exchange (perhaps an extra third or fourth-round choice). We then could have taken JP with the first-round pick, and still had our second-round choice, where we could have taken a guy like Keary Colbert.

We'd still have JP, we'd have Colbert instead of Evans, and we'd still have next year's #1.

We'll see how it plays out.