Is MM going somewhere else?

maverick544

Ever think he may have stepped down because he has talking to a few other teams about possible Assis. Coach and HC oppurtunities. He really didnt like th situation he was put in, nor did he like the stress of being on his own I mean i can't really blame him in some way. The fans turned on him, and he wasn't happy. I just hope someone will step up to the plate in Buffalo. We still do have a chance with all the other teams restructing as well.

Ever think he may have stepped down because he has talking to a few other teams about possible Assis. Coach and HC oppurtunities.  He really didnt like th situation he was put in, nor did he like the stress of being on his own  I mean i can't really blame him in some way.  The fans turned on him, and he wasn't happy. I just hope someone will step up to the plate in Buffalo.  We still do have a chance with all the other teams restructing as well.

564605[/snapback]

If MM gets another HC Job after this I would be seriously shocked...No matter how messed up folks think this situation is, he still quit...And NFL GM's don't like quitters...MM will get a Job...But if he quit due to stress, he's really hurt his chances of being a HC in the League ever again...The stress comes with the territory in that Job...it's a given... :(

If MM gets another HC Job after this I would be seriously shocked...No matter how messed up folks think this situation is, he still quit...And NFL GM's don't like quitters...MM will get a Job...But if he quit due to stress, he's really hurt his chances of being a HC in the League ever again...The stress comes with the territory in that Job...it's a given... :(

564618[/snapback]

Yeah, I somehow doubt Mularkey quit just because the job was "too hard." It may have something to do with the fact that the owner stripped him of his hand-picked assistants and made him powerless. Just maybe!

If anything, this situation reflects quite well on Mularkey - certainly better than it will reflect on the Bills, I'll bet! At least Mularkey had the good sense to realize the game here was rigged. He chose his pride over a year of being a scapegoat and a paycheck.

Yeah, I somehow doubt Mularkey quit just because the job was "too hard."  It may have something to do with the fact that the owner stripped him of his hand-picked assistants and made him powerless. Just maybe!

If anything, this situation reflects quite well on Mularkey - certainly better than it will reflect on the Bills, I'll bet!  At least Mularkey had the good sense to realize the game here was rigged. He chose his pride over a year of being a scapegoat and a paycheck.

564624[/snapback]

That may very well be...I realize it's your opinion...

But according to John Clayton on the WGR Interview I just listened toAudio Link stress was the main reason by far...Clayton said it was the stress of the Job and the pressures that were being put on Mularkey and his Family...

I'll tell you what, I could be wrong but I'm pretty certain NFL GM's and Owners will cross MM off any further HC lists if that is the case...That's the way the League is...It's a tough Business...That's why Mr. Pride was being paid $1 million a Year...

And MM's no Super-Hero-Light-Side-Jedi either...He ran Rusty Jones out of Buffalo when he had been here how long? I'm not saying MM should have stayed if he felt like a lame duck...But it would have made him look a hell of a lot better if he simply refused the changes and got fired...That much I'm pretty certain of... :(

That may very well be...I realize it's your opinion...

But according to John Clayton on the WGR Interview I just listened toAudio Link stress was the main reason by far...Clayton said it was the stress of the Job and the pressures that were being put on Mularkey and his Family...

Come on now. Think about this rationally.

Mularkey, or any coach hoping to work again, isn't going to speak out about the terrible hand he was dealt. Of course he's not going to come out and say "well, it's because I was stripped of all of my responsibilities and assistants and power. And I'm resigning because I've been all but fired, although they won't do that because then they'd owe me money."

He's saying it was "stress" because it was. It's the stress caused by being reduced to a ball-less scapegoat. But it wasn't because of the "stress" of the typical NFL season. If it were, he would've resigned much sooner, don't you think?

Mularkey resigned because it was made clear he wasn't welcome. They took away the guy that hired him. They forced him to fire his assistants. They waffled on whether or not they wanted to even keep him. They wanted to choose his assistants for him. Are you kidding me? No self-respecting coach would work in those circumstances. That is the "stress" that caused him to resign.

Mularkey, or any coach hoping to work again, isn't going to speak out about the terrible hand he was dealt.  Of course he's not going to come out and say "well, it's because I was stripped of all of my responsibilities and assistants and power. And I'm resigning because I've been all but fired, although they won't do that because then they'd owe me money."

He's saying it was "stress" because it was. It's the stress caused by being reduced to a ball-less scapegoat.  But it wasn't because of the "stress" of the typical NFL season. If it were, he would've resigned much sooner, don't you think?

Mularkey resigned because it was made clear he wasn't welcome.  They took away the guy that hired him.  They forced him to fire his assistants.  They waffled on whether or not they wanted to even keep him.  They wanted to choose his assistants for him. Are you kidding me? No self-respecting coach would work in those circumstances. That is the "stress" that caused him to resign.

564645[/snapback]

Good Post, I agree with many of your points. MM was put in an impossible situation, and I think he made a rational and correct decision.

Frankly this team is a mess and his head was square on the block already, can you imagine what a slow start in 06 would bring? Marv and crew would get the first year pass to some extent while MM would get destroyed. What's most damning to me is the way Marv and Ralph handled the coordinator situation. Surely they have enough intelligence to realize how difficult it would be for Mularkey to fill the coordinator positions. After all why would a coordinator want to sign on with likelihood of a staff overhaul just one year later? I think MM felt set up as the fall guy, and from the looks of it I would have to agree.

Mularkey, or any coach hoping to work again, isn't going to speak out about the terrible hand he was dealt.  Of course he's not going to come out and say "well, it's because I was stripped of all of my responsibilities and assistants and power. And I'm resigning because I've been all but fired, although they won't do that because then they'd owe me money."

He's saying it was "stress" because it was. It's the stress caused by being reduced to a ball-less scapegoat.  But it wasn't because of the "stress" of the typical NFL season. If it were, he would've resigned much sooner, don't you think?

Mularkey resigned because it was made clear he wasn't welcome.  They took away the guy that hired him.  They forced him to fire his assistants.  They waffled on whether or not they wanted to even keep him.  They wanted to choose his assistants for him. Are you kidding me? No self-respecting coach would work in those circumstances. That is the "stress" that caused him to resign.

564645[/snapback]

It is cuthroat business designed to get MM to resign so RW wouldn't have to pay MM's salary. I can hear RW thinking, it's nothing personal, just business.