I am absolutely stunned ...

I am just ... I dont know even know how to explain it. Confused I guess is the best word to describe my feelings right now.

In the past 3 years, Jerry Gray has coached 1 defense that wasnt in the top 3. After 1 season, he is now considered a reject and should be disheveled to wherever else (forget the fact that he is a head coaching candidate other places).

People mocking Mike Mularkey for quitting due to criticism. I highly doubt he quit due to criticism directed towards him, but rather criticism directed towards his family. He has two sons and a wife. I dont know how old his boys are, but If they are still in school, I could'nt even imagine the mental abuse they would have to go through each day from Bills fans and non-Bills fans about their father. Or could you imagine being the wife, who may not be told to her face but turns on the TV and hears complaints about her husband, goes online and sees the same, and hears murmering throughout her neighborhood. To say that they should just "suck it up" is absolutely ridiculous. No one should have to deal with that, whether your father is the head coach of a football team or not. Ridiculous. Mike Mularkey should be able to "suck it up." But his family should not have too.

I am just ... I dont know even know how to explain it. Confused I guess is the best word to describe my feelings right now.

In the past 3 years, Jerry Gray has coached 1 defense that wasnt in the top 3. After 1 season, he is now considered a reject and should be disheveled to wherever else (forget the fact that he is a head coaching candidate other places).

People mocking Mike Mularkey for quitting due to criticism. I highly doubt he quit due to criticism directed towards him, but rather criticism directed towards his family. He has two sons and a wife. I dont know how old his boys are, but If they are still in school, I could'nt even imagine the mental abuse they would have to go through each day from Bills fans and non-Bills fans about their father. Or could you imagine being the wife, who may not be told to her face but turns on the TV and hears complaints about her husband, goes online and sees the same, and hears murmering throughout her neighborhood. To say that they should just "suck it up" is absolutely ridiculous. No one should have to deal with that, whether your father is the head coach of a football team or not. Ridiculous. Mike Mularkey should be able to "suck it up." But his family should not have too.

564450[/snapback]

c'mon man.......ralphie put him in the hot box cause he didnt want to pay his salary.......mularkey finally gives in and says he'll split as long as it looks like a resignation with some compensation.........raphie pretty sharp at 87

Neither should a Presidents family. But they do don't they?

It comes with the turf and you gotta know that going in.

564456[/snapback]

Threaten to attack the president or his family and see what happens to you.

CW

c'mon man.......ralphie put him in the hot box cause he didnt want to pay his salary.......mularkey finally give in and says he'll split as long as it looks like a resignation with some compensation.........raphie pretty sharp at 87

thanks johnny, though i'm afraid the "people in buffalo are mean" arguments won't go away for a few weeks...

c'mon man.......ralphie put him in the hot box cause he didnt want to pay his salary.......mularkey finally gives in and says he'll split as long as it looks like a resignation with some compensation.........raphie pretty sharp at 87

564458[/snapback]

I posted that earlier and if you think about it thats exactly what happened. There isnt a doubt in my mind. Wilson is not stupid and he knew exacly what he was doing.

I posted that earlier and if you think about it thats exactly what happened. There isnt a doubt in my mind. Wilson is not stupid and he knew exacly what he was doing.

564481[/snapback]

yeah ...........it's not a fun thing for them i'm sure.......guys get together with the hopes of winning championships

Did I miss something?  When did someone threaten to attack Mularkey or his family?

564484[/snapback]

I'm talking about posts here. I havn't seen anything specific to MM, but when GW left town, there were people saying we should shoot him on his way out.

CW

Waaah my Dad gets criticised and only makes a million dollars a year to send me to the best private schools and give me everything I could ever want waaaaah.

Seriously I agree that the kids should be left out of it, but they don't live in a bubble so you've gotta give them the coping skills to get through life's little setbacks.

564450[/snapback]

I agree with this. It must be terrible to have your father be the HC of an NFL team (in a town like Buffalo) when things aren't going well. Kids in school usually don't even need a reason to be cruel and you can only imagine what a bunch of smartasses would say about your dad.

That said, I'm not convinced he's really leaving just because his family is under durress. Weren't they under durress about 8 days ago when he gave the PC about staying? There's more to this than the family business. Maybe those reports of the meetings between Ralph and MM not going so well were true after all.

Guest BackInDaDay
This thread is gay.  He quit because he knew he was a lame duck coach with a lame team with no chance to win next year.  That's it.

564576[/snapback]

Marv threatened him.