The Real Mularkey

How can anyone be surprised that Mularkey is gone? He was stripped of his mentor, Donohoe, and most of his assistants. He obviously was no longer going to be calling the shots as he couldn't even retain his buddy Clements. Mularkey was basically as lame a duck as he could be. The whole expectation that he would stick around under the circumstances was a rather bizarre concept.

I believe Levy will make a smart, calculated decision on who to bring in, with, of course, Ralph's backing.

How can anyone be surprised that Mularkey is gone?  He was stripped of his mentor, Donohoe, and most of his assistants.  He obviously was no longer going to be calling the shots as he couldn't even retain his buddy Clements.  Mularkey was basically as lame a duck as he could be.  The whole expectation that he would stick around under the circumstances was a rather bizarre concept.

I believe Levy will make a smart, calculated decision on who to bring in, with, of course, Ralph's backing.

564415[/snapback]

I didn't hear about Donahoe being a mentor...maybe he was a minitour for halloween, but not a mentor

When did the guy he took offensive play-calling duties from become his "buddy?"

PTR

564542[/snapback]

Mularkey was taking tremendous heat about the play calling. So he made the move. However, he expressed deep regret when Clements got canned, mentioning their close association over the years. You really think MM had much choice or say about what happened to Clements, under the circumstances?