JIMMY JOHNSON.... And we will have a winner!

So Bart,

Ah....  What did Jimmy Johnson do man?  I know hes gangster but heck man a criminal?

Jimmy did a good job in Miami but has a arm tied man.  It was still Marino mania down there and he didnt want him there.

I think Jimmy would do a fine job here.  Or you ready to settler for another jackass and 4 years of garbage football?  Take your pick

564143[/snapback]

1. Abandoned his players at OSU after committing to them in favor of the job at the U. This is not a unique discrepancy but in this case one of the players he jilted was one of my all time favorites, Thurman Thomas.

2. Cheated at the U with the recruiting violations that led to sanctions put on the university conviently after JJ skipped town for the NFL.

3. Coached the Cowboys AND the Dolphins. Christ... B-)

4. Repeatedly took shots with players like Lawrence Phillips and Cecil Collins who are not the kind of players I would ever want in a Bills uniform.

Maybe I am being unfair, but I think he represents a lot that is wrong with sports and I would never want him to be part of a team that I supported.

I might actually stop rooting for the Bills. Why any Bills fan would sell out the integrity of this franchise for that piece of sh-- is beyond me.

Plus, what a bang up job he did in Miami. B-)

And to clarify, I didn't mean University of Miami where he cheated....I meant the phins.

563973[/snapback]

he did great at oklahoma st,.u of m..then dallas...and only did GOOD at miami with an old man QB and crummy GM. The guy is an excellent coach...

he did great at oklahoma st,.u of m..then dallas...and only did GOOD at miami with an old man QB and crummy GM. The guy is an excellent coach...

564204[/snapback]

was it oklahoma st?? errrr or somewhere else?? wherever--he did well

564204[/snapback]

I think he is a very good coach. I don't think he is great. I think he won the title(s)? at the U through his recruiting violations. A lot was dumped in his lap when he got to Dallas, but I will not take his two Super Bowls away. He earned them (and probably should get credit for the third as well).

But to clear up the Miami Dolphins situation, he did not do a very good job IMO. He cleaned house, rebuilt and did not improve the team. Yes Marino was at the end of his career, but he was still playing great football until his last year when he was hurt.

And finally, what is this about a crummy GM? HE WAS THE GM!

JJ = GM

Once again, I am against his hiring not because of his coaching abilities, although he has been out of the game for 7 years and his last stint was unimpressive, but because of his character. Plain and simple. I couldn't root for him.

I think he is a very good coach. I don't think he is great. I think he won the title(s)? at the U through his recruiting violations. A lot was dumped in his lap when he got to Dallas, but I will not take his two Super Bowls away. He earned them (and probably should get credit for the third as well).

But to clear up the Miami Dolphins situation, he did not do a very good job IMO. He cleaned house, rebuilt and did not improve the team. Yes Marino was at the end of his career, but he was still playing great football until his last year when he was hurt.

And finally, what is this about a crummy GM? HE WAS THE GM!

JJ = GM

Once again, I am against his hiring not because of his coaching abilities, although he has been out of the game for 7 years and his last stint was unimpressive, but because  of his character. Plain and simple. I couldn't root for him.

564255[/snapback]

Marino was NOT playing great football at all the last 3-4 yrs of his career.He looked and played like an old man--kinda like Kelly did from 95 on.

Marino was NOT playing great football at all the last 3-4 yrs of his career.He looked and played like an old man--kinda like Kelly did from 95 on.

564269[/snapback]

Maybe good not great. Look up his stats for 96-98 before his final year when he was hurt. I'd take that "old man" play.

Dont forget that locker room incident !

564264[/snapback]

oh give me a break............he accomplished something don shula couldnt. he beat the bills in the playoffs.stomping on some flutie flakes was no big deal.if i was a coach and say beat the jets in new jersey and they had a star player with his own cereal i would do the same.some peeps get way uptight over nothing.what ever happened to having fun and celebrating after a big win?

Man I can't stand Jimmy and would hate it if he came to town. I don't think his idea of "character" gels with Marv's. Plus why would he leave FL and his boat to coach in Buffalo. This whole idea is moot cuz there is less than a 0% chance of JJ coming to coach the Bills.

There are no more Herschel Walker type trades anymore.  JJ's SB-winning days are LONG gone.

563972[/snapback]

Right on. JJ couldn't do it in Miami, and they spent a ton of money. he doesn't have it when you can't audition 200 plan B players, which is how he built the Cowboys pre cap.

I might actually stop rooting for the Bills. Why any Bills fan would sell out the integrity of this franchise for that piece of sh-- is beyond me.

Plus, what a bang up job he did in Miami. :(

And to clarify, I didn't mean University of Miami where he cheated....I meant the phins.

563973[/snapback]

I agree. Jimmy Johnson is overrated and would not be a coach I would want for Bills.