dr. z's all pro defensive squad - pat williams

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/writ...sive/index.html

Tackles

Pat Williams, Vikings, and Richard Seymour, Patriots. I did not see one game in which Williams, playing the nose, did not destroy the center that faced him. He also showed great ball awareness. And stamina. In sum: I have never seen a nose man have the year that he did. Seymour, who plays end in the base defense and moves inside when they go to a four-man rush, which is often, started out playing at the highest level of his career. Then he got hurt. He came back slowly and reached his earlier level around November.

Fine with me.  Hopefully he nets the Bills the first comp pick in the draft, at the end of the 3rd round.

559507[/snapback]

i'm hoping that too. i'm watching to see if he ends up on the ap all-pro team. in a just world, that would cement the bills getting another 3rd rounder.

No one knows how they determine compensation for sure, but consider this:

Phat Pat and Jennings vs. Fat Bennie, Gandy, and Holcomb.

16 starts + (I think) 2 starts vs. 15, 16, and 8 starts...

wouldn't be surprised if it's a wash, hope not.

Last year we lost Winfield + IIRC Dave Moore, picked up Villareal + Vincent, and got nothing.

what a waste -- pat williams should still be a bill, blowing up interior lines and adding positive locker room chemistry.......

and the funny thing is after the numerous posts defending TD for not paying the man last year due to the fact "he'll never see the end of his contract", we now have numerous posts declaring that grady jackson should be targetted by the bills to fill the hole that big pat left in the defense -- the same grady jackson who isn't any younger and wants the same type of deal big pat got!! oh, the irony!!

No one knows how they determine compensation for sure, but consider this:

Phat Pat and Jennings vs. Fat Bennie, Gandy, and Holcomb.

16 starts + (I think) 2 starts vs. 15, 16, and 8 starts...

wouldn't be surprised if it's a wash, hope not.

Last year we lost Winfield + IIRC Dave Moore, picked up Villareal + Vincent, and got nothing.

559531[/snapback]

ugh. i guess we may be out of luck even though our prime guys got signed and we picked up bottom of the barrel stuff. one question, though -- since gandy was a street free agent (he was cut before the end of the season by the bears), does that alter the equation? does anyone know the rules?

ugh. i guess we may be out of luck even though our prime guys got signed and we picked up bottom of the barrel stuff. one question, though -- since gandy was a street free agent (he was cut before the end of the season by the bears), does that alter the equation? does anyone know the rules?

559794[/snapback]

I'm pretty sure Gandy doesn't factor in since, as you mentioned, he was a street free agent.

We should get some sort of compensation because the amount of the contracts signed by JJ and PW is part of the equation.

I'm pretty sure Gandy doesn't factor in since, as you mentioned, he was a street free agent.

We should get some sort of compensation because the amount of the contracts signed by JJ and PW is part of the equation.

559875[/snapback]

i think (hope) you're right, but i also think we should get an extra 6th rounder for having to suffer through bennie anderson. holcomb is the one wild card.

one question, though -- since gandy was a street free agent (he was cut before the end of the season by the bears), does that alter the equation?

559794[/snapback]

Good point, I messed that up. ;)

Oh well... hope we get something too. :w00t: