How come Jacksonville plays at NE?

Maylocks

A major disadvantage that critics cite in the current system is that a divisional winner could host a playoff game against a wild card team that earned a better regular season record. For example, the Jacksonville Jaguars finished the 2005 regular season with a 12-4 record, but only qualified as a wild card team and thus will have to face the New England Patriots, the AFC East division champions with a 10-6 record, at the Patriots' home field Gillette Stadium.

What a timely inclusion! But I disagree with those critics. The division winner deserves the higher seed.

In general, I think a team that finishes second (and 12-4) in a tough division deserves a higher seed than a team that wins a joke division by going 9-7. But this doesn't apply to Jacksonville, because their schedule was as soft as Theisman's head. Based on their performance against NE, I question what Jacksonville was doing in the playoffs in the first place.

the Jags have  a 12-4 record and Pats have 10-6...  I can't think  why  the  game isn't at  Jacksonville. :unsure:

558374[/snapback]

Because the No Fun League has it ass backwards. I don't care what sport you are. The team with the better record should always have the home advantage.

In general, I think a team that finishes second (and 12-4) in a tough division deserves a higher seed than a team that wins a joke division by going 9-7. But this doesn't apply to Jacksonville, because their schedule was as soft as Theisman's head. Based on their performance against NE, I question what Jacksonville was doing in the playoffs in the first place.

558764[/snapback]

For as true as that is, they gave the Colts problems the past two seasons. Their D usually keeps them in games and they grind it out because they just don't have enough playmakers on offense.