I got a call from Marv today....

Maylocks

The phone rang this morning and when I answered, it was a brief recorded message from Marv Levy thanking me for my support through these past several years of hard times for the Bills.

Sounds silly to say, but it warmed my heart to hear that familiar voice talking to me on my phone! :w00t:

The phone rang this morning and when I answered, it  was a brief recorded message  from Marv Levy thanking me for my support through these past several years of hard times for the Bills.

Sounds silly to say, but it warmed my heart to hear that familiar voice  talking to me on my  phone! :w00t:

557444[/snapback]

Was he wearing socks? :w00t:

Also got one from Lee Evans last week.  Suspect all ST holders got them.  Want to make sure we continue to bankroll them next year. 

I hope they are smart enough not to raise prices next season.

557585[/snapback]

Yep, I got mine as well. Unfortunately for the Bills. I shifted my money from next years Bills tickets to a Sabres mini-pack and playoff tickets this season.

If Marv can turn this mess around in a year or two, I'll love to financially support the Bills again. But until then, I'm sure there are a lot of pissed off fans who are going to need more than a phone call to renew.

Unfortunately for the Bills.....

557631[/snapback]

I got this sneaking suspicion that the Bills will be ok without your $. No disrespect intended. Just a gentle reminder that for every one of you there is someone who will jump at the chance to spend money on the Bills.

I got this sneaking suspicion that the Bills will be ok without your $.  No disrespect intended.  Just a gentle reminder that for every one of you there is someone who will jump at the chance to spend money on the Bills.

557688[/snapback]

Not necessarily true. If it were, we wouldn't be worrying about whether or not the games sell out from week to week.

And the guy in charge of boosting the season-ticket base 10,000 seats in the last five years just left town, if I heard right.

(To the original post: yeah, I'm still enough of a 'fan' to enjoy those calls too. When I saw the number flash on the callerID, I figured that's what it had to be...)

Not necessarily true. If it were, we wouldn't be worrying about whether or not the games sell out from week to week.

And the guy in charge of boosting the season-ticket base 10,000 seats in the last five years just left town, if I heard right.

(To the original post: yeah, I'm still enough of a 'fan' to enjoy those calls too. When I saw the number flash on the callerID, I figured that's what it had to be...)

558073[/snapback]

During the emergence of Jim Kelly and the superbowl runs, the Bills selling games out was not a guarantee per se, many went to the wire, no? (so to speak - thursday at noon or what ever or bailouts from Ralph or a company). BY THE WAY, I FULLY UNDERSTAND THE GAMES SOLD OUT, BUT FANS WERE 'WORRIED' ABOUT THEM BECOMING SO.

So what is the difference from then and now? I responded more to the point that big deal about someone saying they will pull their money away from the Bills in 'protest'. Ironically, I had mentioned that same thing (not attending games) after attending the Miami game this year and was embarrased by the white trash, thug wannabee displays from drunk 22 year olds and I was met on this board with 'you won't make a difference' by not attending future games.

Another example of interesting Bills fan logic.

Yep, I got mine as well. Unfortunately for the Bills. I shifted my money from next years Bills tickets to a Sabres mini-pack and playoff tickets this season.

If Marv can turn this mess around in a year or two, I'll love to financially support the Bills again. But until then, I'm sure there are a lot of pissed off fans who are going to need more than a phone call to renew.

557631[/snapback]

We may have sucked this year, but I wouldn't give up my season tickets for anything. You need the team to be turned around to support them, shame on you. I drive all the way from Boston irregardless of the BILLS record. No offense, but maybe you should start pulling for another team....

During the emergence of Jim Kelly and the superbowl runs, the Bills selling games out was not a guarantee per se, many went to the wire, no? (so to speak - thursday at noon or what ever or bailouts from Ralph or a company).  BY THE WAY, I FULLY UNDERSTAND THE GAMES SOLD OUT, BUT FANS WERE 'WORRIED' ABOUT THEM BECOMING SO.

So what is the difference from then and now?

Approximately 7,000 fewer seats to sell per game. Because of the trouble you mentioned with selling out an 80,000-seat stadium during the Super Bowl run, they didn't think twice about ripping out lower-bowl seats to add more suites. Every single game during that era would have sold out easily in the stadium's current configuration.

So instead of selling upwards of 80,000 tickets far more often than not, the Bills are now marketing the heck out of the team merely to reach 73,000 on a consistent basis.

I responded more to the point that big deal about someone saying they will pull their money away from the Bills in 'protest'.  Ironically, I had mentioned that same thing (not attending games) after attending the Miami game this year and was embarrased by the white trash, thug wannabee displays from drunk 22 year olds and I was met on this board with 'you won't make a difference' by not attending future games.

Not by me, you weren't. Both you and the guy you were responding to can choose to spend (or not spend) your money however you darn well please. I was just pointing out that the line of replacements eager to "jump at the chance to spend money on the Bills" may not be quite as long as you might think... especially after a 5-11 season.

Another example of interesting Bills fan logic.

558156[/snapback]

Hey, whatever.

Mine was from some ticket mgr. saying " We may not have a clue to what we're doing, but you'll get something shiny with your tickets this year ! "

558204[/snapback]

oooh - shiny.....

:D

(Seriously, though, we'll see if that still applies After Donahoe and his plethora of crowd-pleasing P.R. moves. Okay, so we started the season with Greg friggin' Jerman as our #3 OT... but hey, aren't those throwback jerseys gorgeous?

"Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain!" ...)

pointing out that the line of replacements eager to "jump at the chance to spend money on the Bills" may not be quite as long as you might think... especially after a 5-11 season.

Hey, whatever.

558478[/snapback]

I think a 1:1 ratio is about right (those leaving in protest and those willing to enter the market). I never said how long the line was, so I am not sure how you think I over estimated the line. But, hey, whatever. :D