Vic's got it right

eball

Linky

I still don't know how anyone can logically argue that hiring Marv is not a step in the right direction, given the options available to RW currently.

Keeping MM as HC is very debatable, I'll grant you that, but he deserves a chance to work for a boss who is not afraid to let him bask in the limelight of success. People say MM couldn't deal with the veterans on the team -- as I posted yesterday, go read some of Troy Vincent's comments and tell me MM doesn't have the players' respect.

NONE OF US know what went on behind the scenes with respect to the Moulds and Adams fiascos. We only know the on-field result. The Bills made questionable on-field decisions all year that seemed to be guided by MM -- but were they? The feeling I'm getting over the past few days is that TD was much more meddlesome than he let on. Give MM a chance to feed off Levy's experience and guidance. If it doesn't work, a change will be made. If MM thought he was being "forced" to fire coaches and would be hamstrung by RW, he would have refused to make changes and would have been fired -- with a comfortable severance and the ability to go out and find another team. That should tell you something about the man and his desire to succeed IN BUFFALO.

I have no idea if MM will end up being the right guy, but I now believe he was not given a fair shake by the Donahoe regime. Marv will pull the true coaching ability out of him, and we'll find out soon enough if he has what it takes.

Is VC ML's director of communications?

There are so many inaccuracies/spin in there it isn't funny.

Yeah Marv, Bennett and Smith never did any showboating... :lol:

Here is the money quote:

"After the retirement of Kelly and with other stars nearing the end of the line, the Bills simply were not the team they had been when the Super Bowl became a virtual fixture on their schedule.

It was a good time for him to step aside as a coach. "

Exactly. With the team now void of Hall of Fame talent (and Bill Polian waaaaaay back in the rear view mirror) - it was a good time for Club Marv to shut it's doors. What more of an indictment do you need?

Exactly.  With the team now void of Hall of Fame talent (and Bill Polian waaaaaay back in the rear view mirror) - it was a good time for Club Marv to shut it's doors. What more of an indictment do you need?

556773[/snapback]

Well they may have not had the hall of fame tallent, but Levy put in place a good team that kept on winning. Remeber Rueben Browns comments that Levy built another super bowl caliberteam before he left?

Well they may have not had the hall of fame tallent, but Levy put in place a good team that kept on winning.  Remeber Rueben Browns comments that Levy built another super bowl caliberteam before he left?

556791[/snapback]

yeah -that OL line he assembled was adequate at best

We can sit at our desks and speculate until the cows come home.

Bottom line: This team needed a new GM and the fans needed an emotional "pick me up." Is ML the right choice... who knows! But, he's loved and we fans are more likely to cut him some slack during the inevitable rebuilding process.

Is VC ML's director of communications?

There are so many inaccuracies/spin in there it isn't funny.

Yeah Marv, Bennett and Smith never did any showboating... :lol:

Here is the money quote:

"After the retirement of Kelly and with other stars nearing the end of the line, the Bills simply were not the team they had been when the Super Bowl became a virtual fixture on their schedule.

Exactly.  With the team now void of Hall of Fame talent (and Bill Polian waaaaaay back in the rear view mirror) - it was a good time for Club Marv to shut it's doors. What more of an indictment do you need?

556773[/snapback]

So Scott...who was your ideal GM candidate for the Bills? I take it that it wasn't Marv.

556773[/snapback]

In all fairness...I think the same can be said for the great Parcells and Jimmy Johnson. Show me one great coach who didn't have a ton of talent on the team...exception being the genius in NE. :lol:

Are you aware Bellicheck has not had a winning record without Brady? Maybe Brady is the genius. He is the best QB of the past 25 years---yes better than Montana. It would be hard not to be a great coach with Brady as your QB! Hey I think Belicheck is a great coach, but he doesn't win one SB without Brady!