The Senior Bowl week

Bflojohn

With the "deep sixing" of staffs throughout the league, Senior Bowl week is the place where assistant coaching candidates flock looking for work! Mike Mularkey and Marv will be presenting a unified front and that's the time in January when staffs are finalized. I'm guessing that the Bills can build a capable staff later this month! One candidate I'd like as the new DC is Dave McGinnis. Here in Arizona, he had the players loyalty, he just didn't get a fair assessment from management, ala Mr. Bill Bidwill. My wild card choice for offensive coordinator would be Rick Neuheisel, who showed well as the QB coach in Baltimore. Kyle Boller started to show signs late in the season. I'm assuming that Neuheisel had an impact there!

With the "deep sixing" of staffs throughout the league, Senior Bowl week is the place where assistant coaching candidates flock looking for work! Mike Mularkey and Marv will be presenting a unified front and that's  the time in January when staffs are finalized. I'm guessing that the Bills can build a capable staff later this month! One candidate I'd like as the new DC is Dave McGinnis. Here in Arizona, he had the players loyalty, he just didn't get a fair assessment from management, ala Mr. Bill Bidwill. My wild card choice for offensive coordinator would be Rick Neuheisel, who showed well as the QB coach in Baltimore. Kyle Boller started to show signs late in the season. I'm assuming that Neuheisel had an impact there!

556678[/snapback]

The Bills pickings will be limited because it's painfully obvious that Mularkey almost got canned and is on thin ice. Not exactly a good situation for an assistant to come into.

The Bills pickings will be limited because it's painfully obvious that Mularkey almost got canned and is on thin ice.  Not exactly a good situation for an assistant to come into.

556694[/snapback]

Agree, with one exception: if there's somebody out there who thinks he might have a decent shot to be elevated to the HC position if/when MM does get canned, he might roll the dice.

With the "deep sixing" of staffs throughout the league, Senior Bowl week is the place where assistant coaching candidates flock looking for work! Mike Mularkey and Marv will be presenting a unified front and that's  the time in January when staffs are finalized. I'm guessing that the Bills can build a capable staff later this month! One candidate I'd like as the new DC is Dave McGinnis. Here in Arizona, he had the players loyalty, he just didn't get a fair assessment from management, ala Mr. Bill Bidwill. My wild card choice for offensive coordinator would be Rick Neuheisel, who showed well as the QB coach in Baltimore. Kyle Boller started to show signs late in the season. I'm assuming that Neuheisel had an impact there!

556678[/snapback]

While I admit Neuheisel is a pretty good coach, Boller followed up 2 very good games toward the end of the season:

19 of 27 for 253 yds, 3 TDs 0 INT (136.8 rating) vs Green Bay

24 of 34 for 289 yds, 3 TDs 1 INT (113.5 rating) vs Minnesota

with a more Boller-like outing:

15 of 36 for 151 yds, 0 TDs 2 INTs (31.1 rating)

to end the season against Cleveland.

Agree, with one exception: if there's somebody out there who thinks he might have a decent shot to be elevated to the HC position if/when MM does get canned, he might roll the dice.

556702[/snapback]

Dead on. Both the OC and DC. They won't have a problem filling these positions.

Once Mularkey is canned....a steel cage match !

The Bills pickings will be limited because it's painfully obvious that Mularkey almost got canned and is on thin ice.  Not exactly a good situation for an assistant to come into.

556694[/snapback]

How many HC's have been fired in the past week? This has to be one of the biggest years in recent memory for coaching staff turnover. A lot of guys will be scrambling for a job before the music stops, so if the Bills can act quickly, they should be able to land some decent coaches.

All that stuff brings a question : do we have to wait another 11 days before any annoucement about the coaching staff?

Coaching staff supposedly is on an 11-days vacation... With WIVB backing on their news about the defensive coaches being fired, I'm wondering if we will have to wait another 11 days before anything else happens?

556694[/snapback]

It could be a great situation for an asst. looking to get promoted to HC.