What will Mort and Clayton say?

Corp000085

or the fact that the OLine suffered like 9 differrent injuries this year.

553539[/snapback]

Yeah, 9 injuries to linemen over a 16 game season is unprecedented?

C'mon Simon. Trey Teague has always impressed me as a highly paid, below average center. He's too tall, and to lite to match up against tackles and his snaps in the shotgun have always be erratic. Mike Williams is simply to fat and slow. He has been consistently beaten by speed rushers. Gandy was a cast off from another bad offensive line and Bennie Anderson didn't prove anything before he came here and has looked really really bad.

Its not injuries, it bad talent.

Question: how much longer would you have given him to turn things around?

This year

Firing a guy just for the sake of firing him doesn't do it for me. Firing him only makes sense if you hire a capable replacement.

Exactly my issue with this debacle.

Yeah, 9 injuries to linemen over a 16 game season is unprecedented?

Haaving 9 guys from a single unit incur injuries is a lot.

Trey Teague has always impressed me as a highly paid, below average center.

He had one good year but I agree that he's not the answer. Hence the drafting of Duke Preston.

Mike Williams is simply to fat and slow.

He was improving but the injury(ies) ended that. If he's healthy he should be solid again next year but probably somewhere else as his salary is outrageous.

Gandy was a cast off from another bad offensive line

Don't care where he came from, he's been very solid this year.

Bennie Anderson didn't prove anything before he came here and has looked really really bad.

I don't watcfh the Ravens horrific offense so can't comment on his pre-Buffalo days, but I agree that he's been nothing short of a nightmare here.

This year

Exactly my issue with this debacle.

Haaving 9 guys from a single unit incur injuries is a lot.

He had one good year but I agree that he's not the answer. Hence the drafting of Duke Preston.

He was improving but the injury(ies) ended that. If he's healthy he should be solid again  next year but probably somewhere else as his salary is outrageous.

Don't care where he came from, he's been very solid this year.

I don't watcfh the Ravens horrific offense so can't comment on his pre-Buffalo days, but I agree that he's been nothing short of a nightmare here.

553617[/snapback]

Thanks for agreeing that 3/5ths of the line is overpaid or under talented. Your admiration for Gandy has me picking my jaw off the keyboard.

Marv's first 32 games 11-21.

Mike's First 32 games 14-18.

553735[/snapback]

Yeah when he was with KC, and he never got out of the cellar there, because they were a terrible organization then. But with the Bills he was something like 18-14 for his first 32 games, and that includes the abortion he took over for. He improved every even with KC until his last when he got fired. With the Bills he improved them and went on to make history, but go ahead and omit that small fact.

KC

1978 4-12

1979 7-9

1980 8-8

1981 9-7

1982 3-6 (fired)

Yeah when he was with KC, and he never got out of the cellar there, because they were a terrible organization then.  But with the Bills he was something like 18-14 for his first 32 games, and that includes the abortion he took over for.  He improved every even with KC until his last when he got fired.  With the Bills he improved them and went on to make history, but go ahead and omit that small fact. 

KC

1978  4-12

1979  7-9

1980  8-8

1981  9-7

1982  3-6  (fired)

553757[/snapback]

I am not omitting anything other than the fact that you want to compare seven years into a career to two. Okay, then you got me. Marv was a better coach seven years into his career than Mike Mularkey is two years into his own. You happy? That's a terrific gauge. Thanks for pointing that out to me. Marv was 31-40 in his tenure in KC with no playoff appearances. That, in Buffalo, would get you terrorized or beaten over the head with a tire iron on Sunday evenings outside of the stadium.

These were Marv's first two years coaching in the NFL, after he already coached in the CFL, and was 20 years older than Mularkey. These two years as coach in the NFL are compared to Mike Mularkey's first two years coaching in the NFL. There really isn't anything else to compare. You can't bring in Marv's third and fourth year or seventh or tenth year in a direct comparison because Mike hasn't had that opportunity yet.

I am not omitting anything other than the fact that you want to compare seven years into a career to two. Okay, then you got me. Marv was a better coach seven years into his career than Mike Mularkey is two years into his own. You happy? That's a terrific gauge. Thanks for pointing that out to me. Marv was 31-40 in his tenure in KC with no playoff appearances. That, in Buffalo, would get you terrorized or beaten over the head with a tire iron on Sunday evenings outside of the stadium.

These were Marv's first two years coaching in the NFL, after he already coached in the CFL, and was 20 years older than Mularkey. These two years as coach in the NFL are compared to Mike Mularkey's first two years coaching in the NFL. There really isn't anything else to compare. You can't bring in Marv's third and fourth year or seventh or tenth year in a direct comparison because Mike hasn't had that opportunity yet.

553807[/snapback]

No my point was meathead junior, that Meathead Sr. got worse. Marv never got worse until the end at KC, and then he got fired. But he improved that team each and every year until then.

Meathead senior took a 8-8, 9-7 team and drove them to the pits of the NFl in 2 seasons. But way to ignore reality.

No my point was meathead junior, that Meathead Sr. got worse.  Marv never got worse until the end at KC, and then he got fired.  But he improved that team each and every year until then. 

Meathead senior took a 8-8, 9-7 team and drove them to the pits of the NFl in 2 seasons.  But way to ignore reality.

553814[/snapback]

So, in other words, Marv started out crappy and ended crappy and in the middle was mediocre. Thanks for clearing that up. At least Mularkey started out with the best record that Levy acheived in 5 years. But go on, you're on a familiar roll. And actually, Mularkey inherited a 6-10 team and took them to 9-7. Marv inherited a 2-12 team and made them 4-12.