Potential Bills 1stroundpick on tonight

Simon

He's been more explosive in other games. He has drawn a couple flags and registered a couple pressures but hasn't been as disruptive as he's been earlier in the season.

The hesitation could be a couple things; hasn't played in a while and is still finding his legs, FSU did stall him out with the count a couple times, but I'd guess that most of it is the PSU staff told him to expect a lot of screens tonight and he's trying to stay in as many plays as he can. The 'Noles have also run almost their entire offense away from him so he's not getting near the ball much.

If he makes a couple big plays in the 2nd half it won't be the first time he's turned a tight game late.

Cya

551720[/snapback]

He's certainly being accounted for in the FSU game plan. He's having a pretty good game, but nothing that screams Top 5 pick [yet].

His dad is more attractive than Brady Quinn's sister, however....

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I was thinking HE might make a good NFL LB...he moves very well, but his first step doesn't seem quick enough to make up for his size limitation as a DE at the next level.  I can't tell if that's the Penn State D-scheme or if he's just hesitating a bit.

551688[/snapback]

looks like he will not be a first rounder to me.I thought the same thing about ngata last week, he looked very slow but huge was an understatement. This lb # 31 has been unreal all season, he's from down here in pittsburgh area ditkas home town, the one draft list I saw had him at 15 if he comes out early. I just have a hard time passing on a LB from penn state thats this good and we do need a bigtime play maker.

Penn state lb's are as close to a sure bet as we'll ever see! The bills need a sure bet play maker and I dont care what postion he plays other than rec. or rb.

Penn state lb's are as close to a sure bet as we'll ever see! The bills need a sure bet play maker and I dont care what postion he plays other than rec. or rb.

551727[/snapback]

Great intangibbles, too. First junior captain in 37 years and an academic all american. I'm intrigured...

Great intangibbles, too.  First junior captain in 37 years and an academic all american.  I'm intrigured...

551732[/snapback]

He's the real deal. I like him better than Hawk but I haven't heard anything about him coming out this year.

Cya

Great intangibbles, too.  First junior captain in 37 years and an academic all american.  I'm intrigured...

551732[/snapback]

He has won both major defense awards {butkis and bednerak,sp?} He has nothing to stay for and I've seen his name on draft list, I guess I'm just assuming he will come out early in this draft as that seems to be what they all do. Although my buddy who's a penn alumni says he's coming out early. I know we need linemen but we really do need another LB like this guy.

He has won both major defense awards {butkis and bednerak,sp?} He has nothing to stay for and I've seen his name on draft list, I guess I'm just assuming he will come out early in this draft as that seems to be what they all do. Although my buddy who's a penn alumni says he's coming out early. I know we need linemen but we really do need another LB like this guy.

awwwwww frick.

He ain't coming out now. :unsure:

Sucks for #31, I was very impressed by him. This is the first I've seen from Hali, and I love how hard he plays. I like Kiwi too but Tamba may be better vs. the run. I wouldn't mind either one.

551810[/snapback]

They just wheeled Posluzniy back out must just be hyper ext. if things where torn I don't think he'd be out...........If he's available at the 8 spot How do we pass on him????

I love penn st. LB's and this guy is the real deal sure bet that the bills need, no gambling!!!

They just wheeled Posluzniy back out must just be hyper ext. if things where torn I don't think he'd be out

I think he'd be out there short of anything but a dismemberment.

My guess was a busted patella. :unsure:

He'd definitly be a possibility but how can you pass on a high motor, BLACK DE? I can't wait to be here on draft day........

551818[/snapback]

Thats the fun part and maybe halti will slide to the early 2nd round based on size and lack of experience...........who's goganious rico????

Tamba Hali has been a force of nature every time I've seen him this year, but for some reason I don't see him getting much respect from draftnicks or the media. As dominating a DE as the guy has been all year against good competition, I'll be really surprised if he's not taken in the top 10-12 picks of the draft.

If you want to see him, turn on the PSU/FSU game tonight and watch Florida State keep throwing 2 or even 3 blockers at him to no avail. Hali will be the only one wearing a #91 in the Seminole backfield all night.

Cya

551423[/snapback]

I am under the impression that there will be many OLTs available in this draft. As is always the case, I am thinking that they wil go fast.

If the Bills fail to get one, perhaps we should keep TD and draft another injured receiver.

This team was able to bring in Pat Williams as an undrafted free agent. Sam Adams and Ted Washington were ufas. I make the case that we will NEVER, and I mean not ever get a premier LT in this manner. They almost always have to be drafted, and with an early pick.

If the coaches (whoever they may be) think that Peters will be a top flight LT (something that would not surprise me even a little), that would leave us with 4 empty suits at the other starting OL positions.

Simon, the Bills will continue to suck until this void is filled. I respectfully remind you that this was a team who fielded the like of Bruce, Big Ted, Pat Williams and Phil Hansen on the front 4. They were talented and deep at LB as well, but they could never go the distance, nor even close to it.

Why not? Because of Corey Hulsey, Robert Hicks, Corey Loucheiy, Kris Farris, Jerry Ostroski, John Fina, Jamie Nails, etc. Sorry, I forgot Joe Panos.

We can dance around it forever, but we are going to suck until the OL is fixed. I am thinking that the 8th pick in 06 would be a good place to start.

Right on Bill. The reason I wouldn't mind DE being the pick is I have high hopes for Peters and hope at least 1 top flight OL is signed in free agency. We have a 2nd and 2 3rds and pray 2 of these are spent on OL in the draft.

When Bowden got into 4th and 23 in the 1st OT, I thought that he should have gone for the Hail Mary instead of the FG. If they complete it - great. If not, PSU would be tempted to play for the Field Goal with their freshman kicker who just might miss it again.

As it is, the FSU kicker obliged by missing his kick - thus suckering Joe Paterno into one of the most ultra-conservative displays of offense I have ever witnessed. Why on Earth Paterno thought that a 40yd FG in the college game with a freshman kicker was worth settling for is absolutely beyond me.

PSU so deserves this game, but that set of playcalling was just putrid.

JDG