Potential Bills 1stroundpick on tonight

Simon

Tamba Hali has been a force of nature every time I've seen him this year, but for some reason I don't see him getting much respect from draftnicks or the media. As dominating a DE as the guy has been all year against good competition, I'll be really surprised if he's not taken in the top 10-12 picks of the draft.

If you want to see him, turn on the PSU/FSU game tonight and watch Florida State keep throwing 2 or even 3 blockers at him to no avail. Hali will be the only one wearing a #91 in the Seminole backfield all night.

Cya

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Tamba Hali has been a force of nature every time I've seen him this year, but for some reason I don't see him getting much respect from draftnicks or the media. As dominating a DE as the guy has been all year against good competition, I'll be really surprised if he's not taken in the top 10-12 picks of the draft.

If you want to see him, turn on the PSU/FSU game tonight and watch Florida State keep throwing 2 or even 3 blockers at him to no avail. Hali will be the only one wearing a #91 in the Seminole backfield all night.

Cya

551423[/snapback]

I agree, I like this guy as well. I have him or Mario Williams as the selection, if available.

Kiper has him on his big board as the overall 3rd best senior of any position... moving up fast.

Wow, didn't realize that.

Seems like a real good kid and I'm glad he's finally getting some attention.

Wow, didn't realize that.

Seems like a real good kid and I'm glad he's finally getting some attention.

551460[/snapback]

Here's what he posted on 12/29:

3. Tamba Hali, DE, Penn State (6-3, 267) | previous rank: 5

Has been at the top of his game all year. Hali is the best player on one of the best defenses in the country. A natural pass-rusher who has been fun to watch all season.

Here's what he posted on 12/29:

3. Tamba Hali, DE, Penn State (6-3, 267) | previous rank: 5

Has been at the top of his game all year. Hali is the best player on one of the best defenses in the country. A natural pass-rusher who has been fun to watch all season.

551465[/snapback]

He certainly seems to have the type of explosion and athletic ability the Bills defense desperately needs in the Pass Rush area... :unsure:

They say hali is a little undersized for NFL. What about this LB #31 paul poslinkinusy or what ever his name is, junior expected to come out early and joe pa says he's better than watching shane conlin?

I know we need linemman but how do we pass on an LB from penn state thats as good as this kid?

They say hali is a little undersized for NFL.

551682[/snapback]

I was thinking HE might make a good NFL LB...he moves very well, but his first step doesn't seem quick enough to make up for his size limitation as a DE at the next level. I can't tell if that's the Penn State D-scheme or if he's just hesitating a bit.

I was thinking HE might make a good NFL LB...he moves very well, but his first step doesn't seem quick enough to make up for his size limitation as a DE at the next level.  I can't tell if that's the Penn State D-scheme or if he's just hesitating a bit.

551688[/snapback]

He's been more explosive in other games. He has drawn a couple flags and registered a couple pressures but hasn't been as disruptive as he's been earlier in the season.

The hesitation could be a couple things; hasn't played in a while and is still finding his legs, FSU did stall him out with the count a couple times, but I'd guess that most of it is the PSU staff told him to expect a lot of screens tonight and he's trying to stay in as many plays as he can. The 'Noles have also run almost their entire offense away from him so he's not getting near the ball much.

If he makes a couple big plays in the 2nd half it won't be the first time he's turned a tight game late.

Cya