12. Cleveland Browns (6-10): Mathias Kiwanuka, DE, Boston College

13. Baltimore Ravens (6-10): DeAngelo Williams, RB, Memphis

14. Philadelphia Eagles (6-10): +Santonio Holmes, WR, Ohio State

15. Atlanta Falcons (8-8): Chad Greenway, OLB, Iowa

16. Miami Dolphins (9-7): Michael Huff, DB, Texas

17. Minnesota Vikings (9-7): +Laurence Maroney, RB, Minnesota

18. Dallas Cowboys (9-7): Derek Hagan, WR, Arizona State

19. San Diego Chargers (9-7): Marcus McNeill, OT, Auburn

20. Kansas City Chiefs (10-6): Orien Harris, DT, Miami-Fla.

21. *-New England Patriots (10-6): Paul Posluszny, OLB, Penn State

22. *-Denver Broncos (10-6): Tamba Hali, DE, Penn State

Pick acquired from Washington Redskins

23. *-Carolina Panthers (11-5): Claude Wroten, DT, LSU

24. *-Tampa Bay Buccaneers (11-5): +Gaines Adams, DE, Clemson

25. *-Chicago Bears (11-5): Marcedes Lewis, TE, UCLA

26. *-Cincinnati Bengals (11-5): Brodrick Bunkley, DT, Florida State

27. *-New York Giants (11-5): Sinorice Moss, WR, Miami-Fla.

28. *-Pittsburgh Steelers (11-5): +LenDale White, RB, USC

29. *-Jacksonville Jaguars (12-4): Elvis Dumervil, DE, Louisville

30. *-Seattle Seahawks (13-3): Thomas Howard, OLB, UTEP

31. *-Denver Broncos (13-3): +Leonard Pope, TE, Georgia

32. *-Indianapolis Colts (14-2): Eric Winston, OT, Miami-Fla.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8. Buffalo Bills (5-11): +Haloti Ngata, NT, Oregon

9. Detroit Lions (5-11): Jay Cutler, QB, Vanderbilt

10. Arizona Cardinals (5-11): +Mario Williams, DE, N.C. State

551203[/snapback]

If we pass on Mario Williams, I'll personally find a way to B word slap the new GM.

No we don't.  Sorry guys but we have 3 first day DE's on the roster.  Also, if we switch to a 3-4 then Edwards projects to outside.  So I agree, no more DE's.

551247[/snapback]

denney is now a UFA and kelsey has not lived up to expectations.....we can certainly use a difference maker like mario.......

No we don't.  Sorry guys but we have 3 first day DE's on the roster.  Also, if we switch to a 3-4 then Edwards projects to outside.  So I agree, no more DE's.

551247[/snapback]

Yeah, we don't need the next Freeney or Pepper.

I would be happy if we end up with Ngata, but if Mario Williams is there and we pass we deserve to be a bad team. I would like us to trade down and get two late round picks, Possibly Denver. We could then grab one of the O-Lineman and also grab a D-Lineman in the first.

551247[/snapback]

IF the switch to 3-4 happens, then MAYBE no B word slap. MAYBE!

It's tough to pass up on a guy like Williams either way. I'd be more willing to let Adams take his shot in the middle and let Mario and Schoebel go on the ends.

But, even if they decide to switch to a 3-4 and not take Williams, that pick better be traded.

Yeah, we don't need the next Freeney or Pepper.

551265[/snapback]

Is he really the next Freeney or Pepper?

Besides, how exactly a pass-rushing DE is going to solve our run-D issues?

A good D starts in the middle. Besides, if Mario´s this good, he won´t last until the eighth hole. Too many people (GMs included) are crazy about DEs. It´s all hype, you see - winning football is not the main concern...

mario being as good as he is...it was the middle of our line that broke down all season...the mock shows 5 DT being taken in 1st..if we went with mario instead and then had to go with OT in 2nd i just dont see the line being addressed with a 8-12 best DT in round 3 or 4...i dont think we could wait till rounds 3 & 4 for line help on either line, especially OT....I could be wrong(usually am)but I think DT has to be first priority then OT then in round 3 DE and FS can be taken...I say FS cuz milloy is getting old and wire just cant be a starter....so I see

1-DT

2-OT

3a-DE

3b-FS

4-OG/OT

5-CB

6-SS

7-WR/FB

super mario would be preferred

551889[/snapback]

I'll ride the prevailing wind and concur. We haven't been a force on the edge since...well, the last time we were a force. It'd be nice to see some athleticism return to that position.

I'll agree that our draft should be overwhelmed with big-nasties, but the draft is deep enough on both sides that we could either grab an elite DE and build the interior with our remaining three first day choices (more if the Pat Williams compensation pays what it should), or if Williams is gone, slide back in the order and pick some hogs outside the lottery. On offense, premiere interior lineman fall outside the top ten, and fringe DT's, the likes of Luis Castillo, seem to be about as reliable as the more-bandied glamour picks found in the top ten.

I'm a fan of drafting Ngata, but I would take Super Mario first. If we are lucky enough to have Mario fall to us, which I don't expect to happen, I would take him and then make sure we got Gabe Watson in the 2nd round, even if that meant making a trade. Getting both those guys to our defense would big a huge deal. The run defense would be back and we'd have a very good pass rush. Get 'er done, TM!

hmmm

i'd say who we take if ngata and mario are on the board might come down to FA. if we have solved he DT situation in FA, Mario is great, if we have grabbed a good DE in FA (abraham is gonna be out there) then ngata would be the best guy for us (or whatever DT/OT looks to be the best).

one thing i expect is ryans and hawk going in the top 6 or 7, and williams in the top 10 for sure.

i also think a couple corners will work their way into the top 20.

we might be able to trade down if someone is nuts over mario, if it nets us a couple more shots at good OT and DT, i'd take it