(OT) Grammar

ajzepp

;)  ;)  :doh:  :D  :D

You're an idiot!!!!!!!! I couldn't resist!!

I have to admit that sometimes I just want to reply to a post and make the grammatical corrections. I'm not a teacher or anything relatively close but the proper use of the English language is something I've always been fond of.  :lol:

39422[/snapback]

You just ended a sentence in a preposition. Big mistake!

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

You just ended a sentence in a preposition.  Big mistake!

40010[/snapback]

OOPS!!

Okay, so I goofed there but I actually was returning a page the same time I was trying to finish my thought and had a slight brain fart, excuse me, lol. ;)

I'm sure some people may think I'm an ass for even posting this, but I guess I'm just interested if anyone else ever wonders the same thing.....

Does it ever surprise you how bad the spelling/punctuation is among the posters here?  Not that mine is perfect by any means - and I'm not really talking about typos - but I have to say that sometimes I'm really surprised at how bad some people are with their grammar.

Does anyone else notice this?

39087[/snapback]

ass

Well, until today internet users didn't think they were getting graded for their English. They let themselves get sloppy with their grammar and spelling probably because they are hurrying or at work or the kids are screaming or they can't type, etc...

It happens to a lot of us.

Merriam-Webster helps:

http://www.m-w.com/