Ouch babe!

tough to say for sure, but i suspect that this will hurt rivers' trade value.

rob johnson ended up with a big contract because he did some amazing things in a couple games.

the reverse could apply to rivers, his arm looked just TERRIBLE. he couldn't make any damn throws, he threw an out that gates had to break up early that i would not expect a high school starter to throw, JUST SLOW.

i really wonder how that guy went ahead of big ben?

good one....try telling that to a guy with the bird flu.....

No one called him a bust, at least not me. I said he looked bad, which he did. Sure he is more or less a rookie of sorts, but the idea was for the Chargers to trade him for a 1st rounder this off-season and lock Brees-up long term. However both of those are unlikely to happen now.

And you have a worse case of bird flu with your belief that the Bengals would rather lose a 1st round bye than play the Steelers. Actually it's more like Ebola.

No one called him a bust, at least not me.  I said he looked bad, which he did.  Sure he is more or less a rookie of sorts, but the idea was for the Chargers to trade him for a 1st rounder this off-season and lock Brees-up long term.  However both of those are unlikely to happen now.

And you have a worse case of bird flu with your belief that the Bengals would rather lose a 1st round bye than play the Steelers.  Actually it's more like Ebola.

546655[/snapback]

completely disagree......brees has 8 months to heal -- should be plenty of time as long as the injury isn't worse then currently advertised....as a result, he'll get his long-term deal with a decent signing bonus and a large roster bonus built in for next off-season to protect the chargers......

as for rivers, he'll be dealt for a 1st rounder this off-season.....one game played in horrible conditions will not effect his trade value.........it's just one game.....

completely disagree......brees has 8 months to heal -- should be plenty of time as long as the injury isn't worse then currently advertised....as a result, he'll get his long-term deal with a decent signing bonus and a large roster bonus built in for next off-season to protect the chargers......

as for rivers, he'll be dealt for a 1st rounder this off-season.....one game played in horrible conditions will not effect his trade value.........it's just one game.....

546664[/snapback]

As the RJ and Jay Feeley trades have shown trading a high pick for an unknown veteran QB is a shaky move. As right now I feel the only way San Diego gets a 1st Round pick for Rivers is if they package their 1st Round pick with him.

No one called him a bust, at least not me.  I said he looked bad, which he did.  Sure he is more or less a rookie of sorts, but the idea was for the Chargers to trade him for a 1st rounder this off-season and lock Brees-up long term.  However both of those are unlikely to happen now.

And you have a worse case of bird flu with your belief that the Bengals would rather lose a 1st round bye than play the Steelers.  Actually it's more like Ebola.

546655[/snapback]

it wasnt theirs to lose, they had to overcome denver to get it........that wasnt likely going to happen

it wasnt theirs to lose, they had to overcome denver to get it........that wasnt likely going to happen

546678[/snapback]

MBD's whole premise was had Rivers not gotten any playing time there's a chance the Chargers could have gotten more for him. As a team might be willing to trade more on potential. Though now he has actually played, and played far less then the potential most thought he had they might not get as much. I tend to agree with his assesment.

The FA period begins in about 2 months and the draft is in 4 months. The Chargers won't know what to do with Brees before then. The safe thing would be to franchise Brees anyway, since I think they have a lot of cap room, and then remove it later if he can't return. But will be return at the same level?

Unfortunately for the Chargers, it's the ONLY game in which he's played and he didn't look good at all. And that was with Denver playing some of their backups and in SD. And with the uncertainty surrounding Brees, trading Rivers would be foolish, even for a 1st rounder.

The FA period begins in about 2 months and the draft is in 4 months.  The Chargers won't know what to do with Brees before then.  The safe thing would be to franchise Brees anyway, since I think they have a lot of cap room, and then remove it later if he can't return.  But will be return at the same level?

Unfortunately for the Chargers, it's the ONLY game in which he's played and he didn't look good at all.  And that was with Denver playing some of their backups and in SD.  And with the uncertainty surrounding Brees, trading Rivers would be foolish, even for a 1st rounder.

546700[/snapback]

I hope they dont need a whole lot of trips to the east coast to be bottom dwellers again......i havent liked them since they beat the Bills in the playoffs..............and did you know that with todays format that game would have been played in Buffalo....

A shoulder separation is what ended my career, well not really, but while playing basketball in high school, i seperated my shoulder and it has never been the same, and that was basketball, once you do something like that to you shoulder it has a great chance of happening again. and the fact that it's his throwing arm really scares me.

lets just say, I wouldn't expect him to be the same player next year or maybe ever.

I am not a Doctor just someone that has had the same injury, and maybe my doctor/trainer/heathcare wasn't to the NFL standards but still it's a scary injury that could have an impact on his contract