JP's Will Never Make It With The Bills

Albany,n.y.

Now I'm not sure JP Losman will ever be a quality starter in the NFL, and the way he's being handled, the bust column is looking more likely.

Mike Mularkey obviously has no faith in JP. I don't know any QB, who has not established himself, who has been able to overcome this impediment to his progress. The most recent example here was when QB coach Turk Schonert stopped coaching RJ and jumped on the Flutie bandwagon.

The only way I can see JP having any future in Buffalo is if Mularkry is fired and a head coach who is totally neutral gets to evaluate JP in next year's camp. If Mularkey is still around, then Ralph and his GM have to let Mularkey dump JP & find a new QB. Maybe JP IS the next Cade McNown-It was always a possibility with his attitude. He also might be the next Brett Favre, who thrived once he got away from a coach who thought too little of him.

If Mularkey stays, the team should do itself a favor and just move on to the next QB Of The Future. Fire Mularkey or fire JP, this team isn't big enough for the two of them. And whoever they get rid of, let's all hope it's the right one. It could just be that they're both busts at their position and in a couple of years they'll both be gone-if that's the case, it might be the best thing and the sooner the better.

I think you make a fine point, and there is a lot of great dialogue going on regarding this topic right now. At this point you have to wonder who in the Bills organization wants to have JP around. Was he TD's pick or was it a consensus choice by all involved to go after Losman?

Most franchises rally around the 1st round drafted QB from the get go. Look at Detroit, San Fran, Houston, NYG, NYJ, etc. What is going on at One Bills Drive that is causing chaos regarding the QB situation? This is an example of focusing on the wrong problem. There are many areas where this team needs to improve its play and we all know what they are. JP, he may not be the answer but wqith all that is invested in him, they have to give him his shot.

Now I'm not sure JP Losman will ever be a quality starter in the NFL, and the way he's being handled, the bust column is looking more likely. 

Mike Mularkey obviously has no faith in JP.  I don't know any QB, who has not established himself, who has been able to overcome this impediment to his progress.  The most recent example here was when QB coach Turk Schonert stopped coaching RJ and jumped on the Flutie bandwagon. 

The only way I can see JP having any future in Buffalo is if Mularkry is fired and a head coach who is totally neutral gets to evaluate JP in next year's camp.  If Mularkey is still around, then Ralph and his GM have to let Mularkey dump JP & find a new QB.  Maybe JP IS the next Cade McNown-It was always a possibility with his attitude.  He also might be the next Brett Favre, who thrived once he got away from a coach who thought too little of him. 

If Mularkey stays, the team should do itself a favor and just move on to the next QB Of The Future.  Fire Mularkey or fire JP, this team isn't big enough for the two of them.  And whoever they get rid of, let's all hope it's the right one.  It could just  be that they're both busts at their position and in a couple of years they'll both be gone-if that's the case, it might be the best thing and the sooner the better.

545195[/snapback]

One thing I have always wondered... would a new HC go with JP?

Most franchises rally around the 1st round drafted QB from the get go.  Look at Detroit, San Fran, Houston, NYG, NYJ, etc. 

Uh.... did you say Detroit?

Best to strike that.....

As for what's gone wrong - I think that completing less than 50% of his passes might have something to do with it.....

JDG

Could it also be that this OL is so bad that MM doesn't want to risk him being hurt? Holcomb is doing better right now for one simple reason: 10 years of NFL experience.

545378[/snapback]

I BILLieve you make a very valid point. Not only do we have a QB killing coach, but he doesn't want it to physically happen, just mentally and emotionally.

In all seriousness, mularkey is rotating QBs, four games in, four games out. It is the o-line that is letting the QB killing happen in the physical aspect. Our QBs have been beat up pretty bad.

It is kind of funny, Bledsoe was too reliable, he was able to take hit after hit after hit after hit. In mularkey's "system" the QBs will be casualties;therefore, he needs more than one QB. It was expected that Bledsoe would go down; thus, giving Losman more experience, but Bledsoe didn't comply. As a consequence, the ultimate plan to bring Losman along was screwed up.

IF mularkey is here next year, look for Holcomb to start for 4 games, then to have Losman start for 4 games. And they will alternate.

I BILLieve this is called MOOball.