The truth is, Losman is injured

Think about it. Does anyone think that JP can't beat the Jets, if he's healthy? Look at what he did to Miami IN Miami, for crying out loud. I don't know, can you blame the defensive performance in that game on JP, because the players "didn't respond" to him? Maybe you can blame Eric for having a tantrum (and maybe Eric should have spent the off-season in Buffalo working out with JP, like Lee did), but I doubt that situation repeats itself again. So the only thing I can surmise is that JP is truly injured. The coaches and TD want to win this game so as to at least give them SOME hope of returning (if they lose to the lowly Jets, they're goners for sure), so starting a healthy Holcomb versus an injured JP is a no-brainer.

Think about it.  Does anyone think that JP can't beat the Jets, if he's healthy?  Look at what he did to Miami IN Miami, for crying out loud.  I don't know, can you blame the defensive performance in that game on JP, because the players "didn't respond" to him?  Maybe you can blame Eric for having a tantrum (and maybe Eric should have spent the off-season in Buffalo working out with JP, like Lee did), but I doubt that situation repeats itself again.  So the only thing I can surmise is that JP is truly injured.  The coaches and TD want to win this game so as to at least give them SOME hope of returning (if they lose to the lowly Jets, they're goners for sure), so starting a healthy Holcomb versus an injured JP is a no-brainer.

544827[/snapback]

You may be right... but given the ways that MM has handled the many messes he's gotten himself into this year, it's not inconceivable that JP's not hurt & he's starting KH as his best chance to save his job. I don''t trust MM at all anymore... he's close to becoming the Mike Tice of the AFC. :doh:

You may be right... but given the ways that MM has handled the many messes he's gotten himself into this year, it's not inconceivable that JP's not hurt & he's starting KH as his best chance to save his job. I don''t trust MM at all anymore... he's close to becoming the Mike Tice of the AFC. :doh:

Well all I can say is, IF JP is truly healthy enough to play and play well, and IF that's true and Mularkey doesn't think that JP could beat the Jets, we're really in trouble. I just don't think JP is healthy enough to be able to play effectively enough to win.

Well all I can say is, IF JP is truly healthy enough to play and play well, and IF that's true and Mularkey doesn't think that JP could beat the Jets, we're really in trouble.  I just don't think JP is healthy enough to be able to play effectively enough to win.

544934[/snapback]

I hope you are right MBD but what scares me is that I think it is possible that Rico is right! :doh:

Think about it.  Does anyone think that JP can't beat the Jets, if he's healthy?  Look at what he did to Miami IN Miami, for crying out loud.  I don't know, can you blame the defensive performance in that game on JP, because the players "didn't respond" to him?  Maybe you can blame Eric for having a tantrum (and maybe Eric should have spent the off-season in Buffalo working out with JP, like Lee did), but I doubt that situation repeats itself again.  So the only thing I can surmise is that JP is truly injured.  The coaches and TD want to win this game so as to at least give them SOME hope of returning (if they lose to the lowly Jets, they're goners for sure), so starting a healthy Holcomb versus an injured JP is a no-brainer.

544827[/snapback]

J.P. is fine. MM just trying to save his job. If J.P was only 75%, he should still start.

2006 we're gonna need six more games under JP's belt to get him ready.....or give up on J.P. Pathetic football team any way you slice it.

J.P. is fine.  MM just trying to save his job.  If J.P was only 75%, he should still start. 

2006 we're gonna need six more games under JP's belt to get him ready.....or give up on J.P.    Pathetic football team any way you slice it.

545005[/snapback]

source please

source please

545007[/snapback]

how do you get a source to confirm 75% health? You believe too much if the "source" is all knowing................

every sunday there are players that play injured....i dont have a source for that statement though

how do you get a source to confirm 75% health?  You believe too much if the "source" is all knowing................

every sunday there are players that play injured....i dont have a source for that statement though

I don't see the reason to play a guy, even if he IS the future for you at QB, when he's not 100%, when the season is over. It's not like the O-line suddenly became great and will be ensured to protect him well.

I dont think losman is the future  I think he's a brooks bollinger.  Look what bollinger did vs sd.  Same thing losman did vs miami. Both Mobile losman probably has a stronger arm though.  I think we'll be drafting a qb in another 2 years  when this experiment fails.  I pray that I'm wrong though

545112[/snapback]

So Bollinger is tossed under the bus because the Jets aren't winning after he's racked up a half of season of starts on an injury riddled team? I'll alert the Jets management.

Whoo hoo. There's a corkscrew coming up. WHEEEEEEEEEEEE!

I don't see the reason to play a guy, even if he IS the future for you at QB, when he's not 100%, when the season is over.  It's not like the O-line suddenly became great and will be ensured to protect him well.

545066[/snapback]

You play him simply because he's a football player ..... and football players play in football games.

It's the end of the season ..... everybody is "dinged up" to some extent. JP needs experiance ..... I say lets give him experiance. It's not like the O-line fairy is going to whack the Bills this off season and give them talent .... and IMHO .... if we couldn't build a decent O-line in the last five years, nothing indicates we can fix it by next year .... so bottom line is, JP should expect the same level of protection next year as he would get this year (if it DOES get better .. good deal .. just don't expect it to get better).

I could see holding him out if we had clinched a playoff berth, and he needed time to heal for a run in the playoffs, or they wanted to avoid the risk of injury in a meaningless game prior to a playoff appearance ...... but as it stands now, he has all off season to heal his boo-boos.

At this point I am neither a JP supporter or detractor ..... as a Bills fan I hope he does develop and mature, but I am open to the possibility that he very well may not. I just feel that with his benching these last two games the "brain trust" are trying to set him up as their "excuse" for a poor season.

So Bollinger is tossed under the bus because the Jets aren't winning after he's racked up a half of season of starts on an injury riddled team?  I'll alert the Jets management.

Whoo hoo.  There's a corkscrew coming up.  WHEEEEEEEEEEEE!

545116[/snapback]

Tossing bollinger under the bus no. All I meant is I dont think losman is our qb of the future or the present or anytime soon. I was making the comparison about they both played a good quater of football here and there nothing to do with throwing anyone under the bus or the talent or lack there of on their respective teams.

Tossing bollinger under the bus  no.  All I meant is I dont think losman is our qb of the future or the present or anytime soon.  I was making the comparison about they both played a good quater of football here and there nothing to do with throwing anyone under the bus or the talent or lack there of on their respective teams.

545120[/snapback]

Define future. Do you mean he'll never make it in the NFL or won't within the next 2 seasons?

Define future.  Do you mean he'll never make it in the NFL or won't within the next 2 seasons?

545123[/snapback]

I dont think Losman will make it as a starter in the nfl. He'll stick around for awhile as a backup, and probably excell in that role to offer a spark, but I dont see him as a starting qb in the nfl. I dont have any fancy stats or inside information to back my claim. Just a feeling about him. I hope he proves me wrong though.

I dont think Losman will make it as a starter in the nfl.  He'll  stick around for awhile as  a backup, and probably excell in that role to offer a spark, but I dont see him as a starting qb in the nfl.  I dont have any fancy stats or inside information to back my claim.  Just a feeling about him.  I hope he proves me wrong though.

545129[/snapback]

That's fair. I don't know what his future holds. My biggest concern about him is he's a weight room type guy. I prefer QBs like Kelly who have a bigger frame.

I do like his fire and his intangibles but I think we're 2 years from knowing whether he can play in this league.