My Day at PBS

grog

The Bills/Bengals ticket from the wife turned out to be quite a Christmas gift, just a few random comments on my day.

1. What a difference a year makes, I went to the game w/ 3 Bengal fans, I walked from D lot to E lot and back on not one Bills fan in Bills gear did I see. As the day wore on I saw a spoke with 13 other Bills fans, last year there was 5K I think. Grant it there had to me more on the other side of PBS and the end zones, but I didn't see them.

2. As I walked around, a little uncomfortable I should add, nobody said anything to my face it always happened after I would pass a group then I would get a "Bills Suck" shout out, after my 5th beer I would reply yes we do, we are 4-10, that always ended any further remarks. The Bengal fans are really good, there aren't many places I would even wear Bills gear on the road, Cincy and Indy are two places you don't have to worry about.

3. It was a sea of black and orange at PBS, the fans were into the game until the pick by McGee, Cincy has waited a long time for a winner, and the Bengal faithful are really into it. BTW I've gone to games since '91 in the Nati and it is a new day for the team and fans.

4. My favorite game moment, I was sitting next to a Bengal fan not in my group, I made a comment to him before a kick off " this # 24 is pretty good", his comment "Hmmm, is that right? so is our kickoff coverage", 12 seconds and 99 yards later we had taken the lead again. Man that was sweet.

5. How does MM not make the QB position open competetion next year? I know it was only one game, but Holcomb looked good, BTW, I hope EM is back on this team next year. All the WR played well.

6. After the game I didn't hear one "Bills Suck" shout out. :angry:

7. The guy and callers on 700 WLW after the game kept moaning how Levi Jones was handled agaisnt some stiff named Aaron Schobel, Alan Cutler the WLW host was clueless, do some homework on the other team. Schobel isn't Bruce Smith but he is better than average.

8. I had wonderful Christmas Eve with the In-Laws upon my return to Dayton

9. I'm actually looking forward to watching the Bills / Jets game this week

1.  What a difference a year makes,  I went to the game w/ 3 Bengal fans,  I walked from D lot to E lot and back on not one Bills fan in Bills gear did I see.  As the day wore on I saw a spoke with 13 other Bills fans,  last year there was 5K I think.  Grant  it there had to me more on the other side of  PBS and the end zones, but  I didn't see them.

Nice post, just wanted to comment on #1.

I'd guess the main reason there weren't many Bills fans this year (compared to last year) is due to the fact that the game was on Xmas Eve and the game was meaningless. If the game were on Friday instead, or a week earlier, I bet more people would've been there.

Sounds like you had a great time. :angry:

CW

I'd guess the main reason there weren't many Bills fans this year (compared to last year) is due to the fact that the game was on Xmas Eve and the game was meaningless.  If the game were on Friday instead, or a week earlier, I bet more people would've been there.

CW

542711[/snapback]

Frez, I think you are spot on as to why there was a lack of Bills fans at the game.

I'd guess the main reason there weren't many Bills fans this year (compared to last year) is due to the fact that the game was on Xmas Eve and the game was meaningless.  If the game were on Friday instead, or a week earlier, I bet more people would've been there.

CW

542711[/snapback]

Definitely agree - I live just a few miles from Paul Brown Stadium, but due to the fact that I had a 4 hour drive home, I just could not justify going to the game. Fortunately, I did catch the end of it on the radio and had the opportunity to laugh at several northbound Bengals fans on I-71.

The Bills/Bengals ticket from the wife turned out to be quite a Christmas gift, just a few  random comments on my day.

2.  As I walked around, a little uncomfortable I should add,  nobody said anything to my face it always happened after I would pass a group then I would get a "Bills Suck" shout out, after my 5th beer I would reply yes we do, we are 4-10,  that always ended any further remarks.  The Bengal fans are really good, there aren't many places I would even wear Bills gear on the road, Cincy and Indy are two places you don't have to worry about.

3.  It was a sea of  black and orange at PBS,  the fans were into the game until the pick by McGee, Cincy has waited a long time for a winner, and the Bengal faithful are really into it.  BTW I've gone to games since '91 in the Nati and it is a new day for the team and fans.

7.  The guy and callers on 700 WLW after the game kept moaning how Levi Jones was handled agaisnt some stiff named Aaron Schobel,  Alan Cutler the WLW host was clueless,  do some homework on the other team.  Schobel isn't Bruce Smith but he is better than average.

8.  I had wonderful Christmas Eve with the In-Laws upon my return to Dayton

542672[/snapback]

Great insights grog, I’m a Bills fan that’s lived 20 years down here and couldn’t make it due to the Christmas Eve timing. Of course being 4 – 10 also had a little to do with it!

Over the years I’ve made every Bills/Bengal’s game at Riverfront/PBS and your right that the Bengal’s fans don’t mess with you much. Growing up in Western NY I remember that wasn’t the case at dear old “Rich” stadium. Among many of my best memories of the chaos inflicted on poor opposing teams fans was the guy wearing a Mark Gastinuea jersey who as he walked through the parking lot was under a steady barrage of stones, hot dogs and beer bottles (full and empty). What made it amazing was that as the guy walked there was this little cloud of debris following him, so yes, Indy and Cincy are great places to see the game as a Bill’s fan.

PBS is a great stadium to watch a game in. I like the way PBS is right downtown on the river. I always thought the Ralph should have been downtown on the lake!

As for Cutler he’s harmless. A big rah/rah guy whose tag line is “it’s a great day to be a Bengal’s fan”. This year is the first year he could say it very often.

As for Cutler he’s harmless.  A big rah/rah guy whose tag line is “it’s a great day to be a Bengal’s fan”.  This year is the first year he could say it very often.

542798[/snapback]

Cutler is a douche...I listened to his lockerroom show as I was driving to my parents on Saturday.

A caller called (from Mason) saying "I don't know much about football, but the Bengals really lacked with the prevent D on 3rd downs".

Cutler replied "you're right, you don't know much about football" and hung up on him

I did find that pretty humorous