Bengals dont want to face Steelers

Johnny

sorry guys, the game wasnt quite on the level......the Bills did play well but a couple big plays were given......they, the Bengals, want New England to pass them........but hey, look on the bright side it might have saved Mularkeys job

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Bengals should have been playing for a 1st round bye. A bye week is a huge advantage WRT getting to the SB. If their plan was to lose so as to avoid playing the Steelers in the opening round of the playoffs, when a first round bye meant an extra week to rest and prepare for who knows what team, then they're idiots and deserved to lose anyway. And they still might HAVE to face the Steelers if the Pats lose either of their last 2 games.

sorry guys, the game wasnt quite on the level......the Bills did play well but a couple big plays were given......they, the Bengals,  want New England to pass them........but hey, look on the bright side it might have saved Mularkeys job

542210[/snapback]

Your theory is laughable garbage, especially under a coach personality like Marvin Lewis.

The Bengals should have been playing for a 1st round bye.  A bye week is a huge advantage WRT getting to the SB.  If their plan was to lose so as to avoid playing the Steelers in the opening round of the playoffs, when a first round bye meant an extra week to rest and prepare for who knows what team, then they're idiots and deserved to lose anyway.  And they still might HAVE to face the Steelers if the Pats lose either of their last 2 games.

542241[/snapback]

that would have meant the Broncos losing at home to Oakland...give Marvin Lewis credit.....if New England tries to win Monday he tricked ole Billy Bellycheck.

that would have meant the Broncos losing at home to Oakland...

No it would have meant the Bengals winning their last 2 games against the Bills and KC and the Broncos losing to at least one of the Raiders or Chargers.

give Marvin Lewis credit.....if New England tries to win Monday he tricked ole Billy Bellycheck.

You think Bellycheck cares who the Pats face? Again if Marvin Lewis' intention was to get his QB's ass kicked and for them to look bad in losing to the non-playoff Bills just so as to NOT have to play the Steelers, they deserved to lose anyway.

No it would have meant the Bengals winning their last 2 games against the Bills and KC and the Broncos losing to at least one of the Raiders or Chargers.

You think Bellycheck cares who the Pats face?  Again if Marvin Lewis' intention was to get his QB's ass kicked and for them to look bad in losing to the non-playoff Bills just so as to NOT have to play the Steelers, they deserved to lose anyway.

542347[/snapback]

i think Bellycheck is just trying to get to the point of winning again and probably doesnt have a team good enough to set up situations

Lewis is using his noodle as by beating Jacksonville he probably wont have to face Indy or Pitt because one or the other will have eliminated each other..........

He was, and he's 0-3 against the Bills.  And after THAT showing yesterday, I'd put money on them to lose at home to whomever they face in the opening weekend of the playoffs.

542348[/snapback]

then you definitely have to think that Mularkey was the correct choice over Lewis, Mularkey beat him (as some are meant to believe) on his own field with a lesser team

IMHO ...... that was a classic example of a "good team" walking into a game at home against a "poor team" and expecting a laugher ........ I would hazard a guess that the Bengles EXPECTED to win right up to that last interception run back for a TD. Just goes to show you that there IS a reason they play the game instead of just awarding the victory to the heavy favorite :angry:

then you definitely have to think that Mularkey was the correct choice over Lewis, Mularkey beat him (as some are meant to believe) on his own field with a lesser team

542352[/snapback]

Well...It was GW over Lewis, and not MM...

And I'd still take Lewis any day over MM...

Yesterdays Game showed that the Bills can play with, even beat good Teams on the Road when they don't beat themselves...And on Cincy's end it showed that it's hard to put together consistant winning efforts for 16 weeks consecutively... And that it's easy for a good Team to let down just enough, or look forward just a bit, and not recognize a 4-10 Team can beat you if you don't play your best...Home Game or not...

Oh and did I mention I'd still take Lewis over Mularkey?... :angry:

IMHO ...... that was a classic example of a "good team" walking into a game at home against a "poor team" and expecting a laugher ........ I would hazard a guess that the Bengles EXPECTED to win right up to that last interception run back for a TD. Just goes to show you that there IS a reason they play the game instead of just awarding the victory to the heavy favorite  :angry:

542356[/snapback]

that makes alot of sense macaroni.........there are times when ego's and endzone celebrations get in the way of sensical preparation, the kind that got you the division in the first place...........

good coaches do not allow look aheads........

i think Bellycheck is just trying to get to the point of winning again and probably doesnt have a team good enough to set up situations

Lewis is using his noodle as by beating Jacksonville he probably wont have to face Indy or Pitt because one or the other will have eliminated each other..........

You can't look at it that way. Say the Bengals win-out and the Broncos lose to the Chargers. That gives the Bengals the bye week. That means they get a week to rest and prepare for their next opponent. The Steelers though have to play that 1st playoff weekend and get banged-up and have less time to prepare. And who knows how the other wildcard game goes, so the Steelers might not even MEET the Bengals in the 2nd round of the playoffs. Having a bye week is key to advancing in the playoffs and IIRC only 2 teams have ever made it as wildcards to the SB, and that is the ultimate goal, not avoiding playing a team. It's a lame excuse and I'd laugh at a Bengals fan for even mentioning it. Also why risk injury to your starters trying to throw a game? To make it SEEM to Bellycheck that they were trying to win?

Sorry but the "if the game meant anything to Cincy" line of reasoning doesn't wash.  And yes if that's how Marvin Lewis approached the game, i.e. "let's lose so we don't have to play Pgh," then yes he IS a worse coach than Mularkey.

542402[/snapback]

Indeed. I don't know why all these theories are popping up. The Bills came to Cincy and splattered their faces with eggs. It isn't any more subtle than that... :angry:

It's a lame excuse and I'd laugh at a Bengals fan for even mentioning it.  Also why risk injury to your starters trying to throw a game?  To make it SEEM to Bellycheck that they were trying to win?

542410[/snapback]

Let's laugh together! Most ridiculous thread ever. Great post though by MBD. If Marvin Lewis were that dumb, he'd lose his job because I don't think anybody wants to face New England in the first round.

Better luck next guess, Johnny.