Attention Travis bashers

Indy Dave

For you COMPLETE IDIOTS who think that Travis Henry is the #1 problem with our offense, do everyone a favor and shoot yourself.

Should Willis get more than two carries? Yep.

Should Willis get the ball in goal line situations? Yep.

Is Travis a top-five back in this league? Nope.

But with a lousy quarterback, a pitiful offensive line, a star receiver who has fumbled in a key spot and dropped a few passes, a third-year receiver who has done next to nothing, and tight ends who opposing teams couldn't care less about, I ask you -- I BEG YOU -- to explain to me how Travis is the NUMBER ONE PROBLEM.

You people who just rip the guy who plays harder than anyone on this team are simply amazing. Keep making up crap about near fumbles if that makes you feel better. The fact is, he has not fumbled once this season. NOT ONCE. Almost doesn't count. Consider that Edgerrin has lost two fumbles (both in the red zone), Quentin Griffin has a HUGE fumble that cost his team the game yesterday, Domanick Davis has lost two, Ahman Green fumbled in the red zone yesterday that directly led to seven points for Chicago, and so on and so on. Those are just LOST fumbles, not fumbles where the offense recovers.

Hey, Travis has his shortcomings, but if you think for one second is the biggest reason why our offense is horrible, you don't know a damn thing about football. Not a damn thing.

He is not the #1 problem for the offense, yet yesterday he might have been because he could have won the game with a one yard plunge?

Boil everthing down, when it is time to put up or shut up, yesterday he couldn't get it done.

He might not be the total problem, simplistically he could have masked the problems.

This team is in desperate need of positive reenforcement more so than the other teams you mentioned.

He's a big problem though that's for sure.

Ricky Williams had a crappy offensive line and Ricky Williams was still running for 150 and hanging onto the ball.

Give him a call, maybe we can get him away from the bong and back on the field.

38418[/snapback]

First, Ricky loves the bong more than he loves the ball.

Now let me throw out some facts. I repeat...FACTS.

Last year, with both backs playing behind poor offensive lines, Travis Henry rushed for 1,356 yards. Ricky Williams rushed for 1,372 yards. Ricky had a grand total of 16 more rushing yards than Travis did last season.

But let's look at some more facts. Travis averaged 4.1 yards per carry, while Ricky averaged 3.5 yards per carry. Ricky averaged 85 yards a game, Travis averaged 90. Ricky had nine touchdowns. Travis had 10. Ricky lost four fumbles. Travis lost three. Ricky played for a team that wanted to run the ball most of the time. Travis played for a team that wanted to pass the ball most of the time.

Oh but wait...Travis bashers complain about his breakaway speed. Ricky's longest run was 45 yards. Travis' was 65.

Let me spare anyone the BS about picking up the blitz and catching the ball. I know those aren't Travis' strengths so save your time. Again, I am not saying Travis is the best, and I'm not saying he doesn't have shortcomings. But to say he is our #1 problem is the most stupid thing I've ever heard.

He's a big problem though that's for sure.

Ricky Williams had a crappy offensive line and Ricky Williams was still running for 150 and hanging onto the ball.

38418[/snapback]

Um, if my memory serves me, Ricky had a chronic problem with fumblitis, or is it he keeps fumbling his chronic? Can't keep those two straight, or, is it, is it MY memory? Say, are you staring at me? You know I'm high, don't you? :rolleyes:

For you COMPLETE IDIOTS who think that Travis Henry is the #1 problem with our offense, do everyone a favor and shoot yourself.

But with a lousy quarterback, a pitiful offensive line, a star receiver who has fumbled in a key spot and dropped a few passes, a third-year receiver who has done next to nothing, and tight ends who opposing teams couldn't care less about, I ask you  --  I BEG YOU  -- to explain to me how Travis is the NUMBER ONE PROBLEM.

You people who just rip the guy who plays harder than anyone on this team are simply amazing. Keep making up crap about near fumbles if that makes you feel better. The fact is, he has not fumbled once this season. NOT ONCE. Almost doesn't count. Consider that Edgerrin has lost two fumbles (both in the red zone), Quentin Griffin has a HUGE fumble that cost his team the game yesterday, Domanick Davis has lost two, Ahman Green fumbled in the red zone yesterday that directly led to seven points for Chicago, and so on and so on. Those are just LOST fumbles, not fumbles where the offense recovers.

Hey, Travis has his shortcomings, but if you think for one second is the biggest reason why our offense is horrible, you don't know a damn thing about football. Not a damn thing.

38408[/snapback]

Easy boy, no one said he's the number one problem! The offensive line is obviously the number one problem of this football team...that goes without saying. The problem is we don't have 5 first round picks waiting in the wings for those stiffs. You want us to start crying that Henry should start because he plays hard???? He gets payed good money to play hard and to do a job and he isn't doing it! In fact, he is costing us games with his average to poor production. I know that's not a very sunny outlook of the situation but the Pats are waiting for us and we currently have no answers other than a strong defense. McGahee would not be any worse than what Henry has been able to do, and some here are thinking he actually would have produced a couple of touchdowns these past two games if given the chance. Hense, we would at least be 1-1. We're Bills fans in search of them scoring more than 10 freaking points a game.

But with a lousy quarterback, a pitiful offensive line, a star receiver who has fumbled in a key spot and dropped a few passes, a third-year receiver who has done next to nothing, and tight ends who opposing teams couldn't care less about, I ask you  --  I BEG YOU  -- to explain to me how Travis is the NUMBER ONE PROBLEM.

38408[/snapback]

I agree with the statements you make. However. 115 points in the last 11 games. Everyone on the Offensive Side of the ball had better look long and hard in the mirror. As a group they are the number 1 problem. Travis is part of that group. They need to get stevestojan figured out and quick.

Easy boy, no one said he's the number one problem! The offensive line is obviously the number one problem of this football team...that goes without saying. The problem is we don't have 5 first round picks waiting in the wings for those stiffs. You want us to start crying that Henry should start because he plays hard???? He gets payed good money to play hard and to do a job and he isn't doing it! In fact, he is costing us games with his average to poor production. I know that's not a very sunny outlook of the situation but the Pats are waiting for us and we currently have no answers other than a strong defense. McGahee would not be any worse than what Henry has been able to do, and some here are thinking he actually would have produced a couple of touchdowns these past two games if given the chance. Hense, we would at least be 1-1. We're Bills fans in search of them scoring more than 10 freaking points a game.

38445[/snapback]

No one said he isn't the number one problem? This is a copy and paste from a thread started earlier today:

Wake up Buffalo the real #1 problem on this team is TRAVIS HENRY. Why you ask? Because he is directly responsible for alot of negative plays resulting in punts or INT'S or fumbles. For example in the first half Travis #1) totally whiffs on a block causing a sack( this was not the O-LINE) and the result was PUNT, #2) Falls down twice on consecutive plays when the hole was there and the result was PUNT, #3)Lets a pass right to him go threw his hands and the result is INT, #4) When we go for it at the goal line on fourth down he falls down again when he should of scored and the result was TURNOVER ON DOWNS. This was four drives that stood out that Travis was the direct cause of the drive failure. I am not saying Henry is the only problem. I am not saying the O-LINE is not a problem. I am not saying Bledsoe is not a problem. I am saying that HENRY IS THE # 1 REASON WHY BUFFALO SUCKS ON OFFENSE.

And people agreed with this BS. That's why I started this thread.

I agree with you...the line is our #1 problem, with Drew a close second. What aggravates me is that I don't see anyone ripping Eric Moulds. What has he done? I don't see anything about Josh Reed? What has he done? We've gotten better effort and more production from Travis than we have from Eric and certainly Josh. If Travis had fumbled inside the 10 in the fourth quarter of a close game (like EM did last week), the people on this board would have gone nuts, and would still be talking about it. And that's just my point...we could be ahead of the Patriots 41-0, and Travis could fumble a ball away in the fourth quarter, and people would call for his head. But all of our other skill players (Drew excluded) are immune from criticism. Yes, Moulds has two TDs and that's great. But he has made far more costly mistakes through two games than Travis has.

Bill in NYC...you asked me about this season and what we should do about it. Sadly, I don't think there is anything we can do. Not much anyway. We can replace Travis with Willis, Drew with Shane, swap tight ends, etc., etc. But the fact is we can't replace our line. We just have to hope they get better. I know there are plays to take advantage of cheating and overly aggressive defenses. For example, the draw play to Willis on third down was good for seven yards and a first down yesterday.

Deep down, though, I think the only way we can really find out what our problem is is to have JP come in and see if we get that spark. Unfortunately, that's not happening anytime soon.

Henry isn't the problem but the O needs to be shaken awake. Put McGahee in on those goal line plays. Play more 2 TE sets to get another blocker to protect DB. Put Matthews in for a few series to calm Bledsoe down. Gotta do something different.