Can one of you stat monsters do me a

Beerball

Thanks!  I remember a couple long ones called back (NO stands out), but 27 yards is sad. B-)

539469[/snapback]

It's not. CIN's Rudi Johnson is an inside runner like WMG, and his longest is something like 33 yards. Inside runners get past the DL thanks primarily through the effort of the center and guards and if they break out, the LB's usually are chasing them and get them 5 or 6 or 8 yards downfield. By that time, the db's and safeties come back into the play. Maybe.

If you have a credible pass catch threat at TE, you can occupy a LB and likely a safety.

NYG's TE Shockey and RB Barber give a defense fits. And your inside runner goes for more. See KC's Gonzales, Larry Johnson and the idle Preist Holmes, too.

OT's are very necessary, but if you want to run that ball inside, get that G - C -G squared away. Job #1.

Link

This year=27

Last Year = 41

539437[/snapback]

Last years 41 yarder vs the rams was actually a 50 yard td run called back due to holding. I remember he had a sweet jump over aeneas williams who was coming in low along the sideline and josh reed held for no reason on about the 12 yard line.

It's not. CIN's Rudi Johnson is an inside runner like WMG, and his longest is something like 33 yards. Inside runners get past the DL thanks primarily through the effort of the center and guards and if they break out, the LB's usually are chasing them and get them 5 or 6 or 8 yards downfield. By that time, the db's and safeties come back into the play.  Maybe.

If you have a credible pass catch threat at TE, you can occupy a LB and likely a safety.

NYG's TE Shockey and RB Barber give a defense fits. And your inside runner goes for more. See KC's Gonzales, Larry Johnson and the idle Preist Holmes, too.

OT's are very necessary, but if you want to run that ball inside, get that G - C -G squared away. Job #1.

539494[/snapback]

Nice post, Cincy. I was going to mention Rudi Johnson's stat, but you beat me to it. We can always count on you for some intelligent football talk when all else around her is Romper Room.

It's not. CIN's Rudi Johnson is an inside runner like WMG, and his longest is something like 33 yards. Inside runners get past the DL thanks primarily through the effort of the center and guards and if they break out, the LB's usually are chasing them and get them 5 or 6 or 8 yards downfield. By that time, the db's and safeties come back into the play.  Maybe.

539494[/snapback]

I agree with what you say, but not in the case with WM.

I haven't seem WM juke or even straight arm anyone of memory this year. He had a "spunk" about himself last year. This year he seems disiterested, bored, and very average.

Doesn't anyone else see it like this? I simply don't see this guy being anything better than Antwoin Smith in his prime.

Oh and the fact his agent is a total tool doesn't help matters either.

Shaud Williams is a certifiable JOKE.

Is it possible Lionel Gates hasn't been shown the field because WM is so average this year and TD doesn't want to look like an ass if Gates pushed WM out of a starting job?

HMMMMMMMMMM

I agree with what you say, but not in the case with WM.

I haven't seem WM juke or even straight arm anyone of memory this year.  He had a "spunk" about himself last year.  This year he seems disiterested, bored, and very average.

Doesn't anyone else see it like this?  I simply don't see this guy being anything better than Antwoin Smith in his prime. 

Oh and the fact his agent is a total tool doesn't help matters either.

Shaud Williams is a certifiable JOKE. 

Is it possible Lionel Gates hasn't been shown the field because WM is so average this year and TD doesn't want to look like an ass if Gates pushed WM out of a starting job?

HMMMMMMMMMM

539746[/snapback]

I guess you did not see the Broncos game and the juke he put on Champ Bailey.

Nice post, Cincy.  I was going to mention Rudi Johnson's stat, but you beat me to it.  We can always count on you for some intelligent football talk when all else around her is Romper Room.

539604[/snapback]

Ditto.

Because some of you guys are obsessed with whether "long" runs are the mark of a great running back, let's put things in perspective. The following are the longest runs by season for one of the greatest backs to play for the Buffalo Bills and in the NFL:

YEAR LONGEST RUN

1988 37

1989 38

1990 80

1991 33

1992 44

1993 27

1994 29

1995 49

1996 36

1997 24

1998 26

1999 10

2000 25

Because some of you guys are obsessed with whether "long" runs are the mark of a great running back, let's put things in perspective.  The following are the longest runs by season for one of the greatest backs to play for the Buffalo Bills and in the NFL:

YEAR LONGEST RUN

1988  37

1989  38 

1990  80

1991  33

1992  44

1993  27 

1994  29 

1995  49

1996  36 

1997  24

1998  26 

1999  10 

2000  25

539761[/snapback]

WOW. Thurman only had 1 run longer than 50 yards in his career?? Nice find!

Nope.  Missed that one. 

So one memorable juke in 14 games ?

539753[/snapback]

You said that you could not remember. That was the last time.

P.S. If you saw the Broncos game, I don't see how you could have missed it. They replayed it, and Sterling Sharpe even commented on the move he put on Champ Bailey.

You said that you could not remember.  That was the last time.

P.S.  If you saw the Broncos game, I don't see how you could have missed it.  They replayed it, and Sterling Sharpe even commented on the move he put on Champ Bailey.

539773[/snapback]

I saw parts of it, but not much.

Watching a Bills game this season is TORTURE. I haven't had this lack of interest in my 20 years as a fan. Not even close.

I'm not trying to be a wise ass about the 1 juke thing. I seriously don't remember him once this year with a play that made me say "WOW". He hardly looks like a 1st rounder and/or someone that can take over a game, much less win you one.

Oh well, I could be wrong and I am letting my dislike for the guy cloud my judgement. He is someone that doesn't appear to me to really give a crap about the Bills or this city, only his personal fame.

Man I miss the early 90's Bills more and more the suckier this team gets..

B-):D;):o