Updated draft position after Week 15

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/features/draftorder.html

We are currently dead even with the Cardinals battling over the 6th position.

This week, the Saints are playing the Lions at "home". If the Saints win, they'll be tied with us. Their strength of schedule is better than us and they beat us earlier in the year, so that would help us climb after our inevitable loss to Cinci on the road.

If they lose, then the Lions (4-10) will have no chance to tie with us or jump ahead if we lose out.

New England having already clinched the division and a playoff spot could go down in New York. Especially if they rest some players. Remember what happened to them against Miami around this time on Monday night?

And a small update regarding DT's in the draft for people who really want one; Brodrick Bunkley is climbing the charts. The DT from Florida State continues to turn heads and many have him ranked #1 or #2 in the draft.

Haolti Ngata hasn't declared for the draft yet and Gabe Watson is being forgotten these days behind Ngata, Bunkley, Claude Wroten, and Roderique Wright. He may be able to be picked up in the 2nd.

But of course, it's still early!

Guest BackInDaDay

Thanks.

So let's say we get the 8th overall, and the Titans, Minny, and anybody else who owes us compensatory picks finishes pretty much where they are now.

How 'bout an educated guess on what our draft stash might look like?

We were having the discussion yesterday about the Bills being a good situation for prospective GMs to walk into. This could be a big part of it's attraction.

Thanks again.

The problem with drafting a DT is that they need at least a year to develop.....

I'm not against it, its just that if people think drafting a DT can make a huge impact the first year, their dreaming..

Now drafting one and picking up an older free agent(Grady-"fish eyed fool" Jackson type) I'm not against..

We are currently dead even with the Cardinals battling over the 6th position.

539112[/snapback]

That's not too bad :huh: considering the Broncos W-L record bumped up our stength of schedule. Cincy won't help either, good thing for the Jets.

I'll feel really good if we can jump up a few spots and grab Mario Williams. We can always get a quality DT in the 2nd.

539156[/snapback]

Our pass rush is pretty bad, so if we could somehow get Williams, I'd be thrilled. Add Gabe Watson in the 2nd, and that's a nice start to our draft. I'd rather have Watson than Wroten or Wright, as they aren't as big nor do they stuff the run as well.

Thanks.

So let's say we get the 8th overall, and the Titans, Minny, and anybody else who owes us compensatory picks finishes pretty much where they are now. 

How 'bout an educated guess on what our draft stash might look like?

We were having the discussion yesterday about the Bills being a good situation for prospective GMs to walk into.  This could be a big part of it's attraction.

Thanks again.

539128[/snapback]

If we lose at the Jets (which is 50/50 in my eyes), we're looking at more like 3-5 instead of 8.

But to answer your question, we're looking good. I think we'll get a 3rd round compensatory for Big Pat and Jonas. I think the league learned their lesson when they gave out 3 #3's for 3 crappy Bronco's players lost in FA, so we won't get much more than 1 3rd. Then of course we still have the Tennessee 3rd for Trav (which is shaping to be a high pick).

With any luck we'll be able to get a 2nd for Nate if we can't resign him. I think the people that are saying we could get a 1st for him are being kind of unrealistic after this year's performance. But if we did get a 2nd, we'd be looking at something like this ( (#-#) = Somewhere Between ):

1.) (3-8)

2.) (35-40)

2.) (?) (For Nate)

3.) (67-72)

3.) (68-72) (For Trav)

3.) (?) (Comp. for Pat and Jonas)

4.) (99-104)

5.) (So on

6.) and

7.) so forth)

For a look at a sure thing as to what we have at this moment, just take out the Nate and Pat thing (even though we should get a comp pick for Pat, there's just no telling where at this point).

I think that whomever steps into the GM spot after Donahoe is going to be in a DREAM draft position. With the picks that we will most likely have and with the pure amount of them, there isn't a player in the draft that we couldn't get if we wanted them.

The problem with drafting a DT is that they need at least a year to develop.....

I'm not against it, its just that if people think drafting a DT can make a huge impact the first year, their dreaming..

Now drafting one and picking up an older free agent(Grady-"fish eyed fool" Jackson type) I'm not against..

539138[/snapback]

That's why i'm against picking one in the first.

I think we should wait until the 2nd round and use our 1st on the best available, given need.

..... and i'm 100% with you on the signing of Grady Jackson and drafting someone like Gabe Watson in the 2nd.