ed kilgore v. jerry sullivan

dave mcbride

1) I don't know that Mularkey has the respect of the players, from Sam Adams to Eric Moulds to McGahee, I've seen a lot of mismanaged situations.

2) Mularkey *clearly* does not believe in a power running game.  How many times this year have we seen a pass or a FB on the goal line?  And how is it that McGahee has had 17 carries over the past two weeks combined???

538223[/snapback]

Word I hear, is that the players by and large do, in fact, like Mularkey. Listen to London Fletcher's PC after the last New England game. Paraphrasing, (but not much) "Nobody in this locker room wants to see a coaching change." Eric Moulds (possibly a PR move on his part) expressed the utmost respect for Mularkey, after returning from his suspension.

As far as MM and the running game, it is puzzling. Time and again, he and TD have described the Bills as a "power running" team. Yet, we all watch the games, and what do the Bills do in most clutch situations? Attempt to execute a pass play. I have drawn the conclusion that MM knows that the Bills cannot run the ball when they need to. His play calling has proved that they can't really pass the ball when they need to either...

didn't you just know that sullivan would focus on the truly inconseqeuntial sails/wind comment?

on the other hand, i thought that kilgore made a pretty good case for big mike.

537885[/snapback]

i agree---sails/wind big f'ing deal. stupid/unfunny/uninteresting column.