Did you know........................

COACH85

Funny how everyone (myself included) predicted the Bills to be a possible playoff contender if the defense would be able to cover Losman's growing pains while the Sabres were predicted to be in the basement after a less then stellar off season.

So, as the Bills continue to have a good first drive of every ball game and then get killed the remaining 3 quarters on their way to another ugly defeat......................the Sabres just keep on winning!!! They have now won 11 of their last 12 with (9) of them coming by a single goal. I can't even remember the last time the Bills pulled out a close win while the Sabres continue to do it all year. I don't think anyone could have predicted these two things. Lets look at the bright side of all this...........we will have at least one Buffalo sports team in the playoffs and at least one team with a very high draft pick. Through the draft, free agency, and development of some of our important young players, THE BILLS WILL BE BACK IN 06. THE SABRES TIME IS NOW AND RYAN MILLER IS ALSO COMING BACK SOON!! WHOPPPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!

Funny how everyone (myself included) predicted the Bills to be a possible playoff contender if the defense would be able to cover Losman's growing pains while the Sabres were predicted to be in the basement after a less then stellar off season.

So, as the Bills continue to have a good first drive of every ball game and then get killed the remaining 3 quarters on their way to another ugly defeat......................the Sabres just keep on winning!!!  They have now won 11 of their last 12 with (9) of them coming by a single goal.  I can't even remember the last time the Bills pulled out a close win while the Sabres continue to do it all year.  I don't think anyone could have predicted these two things.  Lets look at the bright side of all this...........we will have at least one Buffalo sports team in the playoffs and at least one team with a very high draft pick.  Through the draft, free agency, and development of some of our important young players, THE BILLS WILL BE BACK IN 06.  THE SABRES TIME IS NOW AND RYAN MILLER IS ALSO COMING BACK SOON!!   WHOPPPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!

536507[/snapback]

i love the sabres and i watch every game, but i think their house of cards is about to cave in...the defense sucks! their goal differential on the season is almost equal which means they are getting lucky. they have a lot of grit and poise and spunk and chemistry and all that other happy stuff, but i think they are kidding themselves if they think they are one of the best 4-5 teams in hockey, much less a legitimate challenger to ottowa.

hopefully darcy gets his thumb out of his ass and makes a deal to help our defense before biron crashes back to earth.

i love the sabres and i watch every game, but i think their house of cards is about to cave in...the defense sucks!  their goal differential on the season is almost equal which means they are getting lucky.  they have a lot of grit and poise and spunk and chemistry and all that other happy stuff, but i think they are kidding themselves if they think they are one of the best 4-5 teams in hockey, much less a legitimate challenger to ottowa. 

hopefully darcy gets his thumb out of his ass and makes a deal to help our defense before biron crashes back to earth.

536758[/snapback]

Penalty Kill- 9th in the league

Shot on Goal Against -20th.

Ruff could have his defensemen stay home and drop

that Shots on goal against from 30 to 25, but I think keeping

the puck in the offensive zone also means your opponent can't shoot

during that time or change lines

too much, plus Darcy's defensemen have good recovery speed.

Maybe it shows that continuity is important - and that simply ripping out players with lots of flashy personnel moves year after year is not a recipe for success?

JDG

i love the sabres and i watch every game, but i think their house of cards is about to cave in...the defense sucks!  their goal differential on the season is almost equal which means they are getting lucky.  they have a lot of grit and poise and spunk and chemistry and all that other happy stuff, but i think they are kidding themselves if they think they are one of the best 4-5 teams in hockey, much less a legitimate challenger to ottowa. 

536758[/snapback]

Before Biron does crash, and the chances are slim that he won't, trade him. You can now get the quality D you need since three teams currently are looking for goalies. Plus, we have the luxury of Miller and Mika (who desperately needs playing time and cannot be sent to Rochester) waiting around.

536758[/snapback]

Thats pretty funny, for 2 games straight I had to listen to the pitts. announcers rave about how fast and mobile buffalos D. was. I guess they haven't watched much hockey over the years and probably don't know chit about it! :(

536758[/snapback]

:( What are you talking about? We are top 10 in all defensive categories. We have the number one shot blocking defensemen in hockey, the #3 assist defensemen in hockey and guys playing shut down everywhere. Not to harp but do you even watch the games? Some times they get smoked but that's true to every team in the league right now. You take obstruction out and give players wide open ice it's bound to happen.

Silliest post in a while. Actually made me log in just to defend the goatlords.

T-R

yeah they're so good they almost choked up 2 straight games to the pens. 

i'm sorry, we need a defenseman.  or 3

537189[/snapback]

Sorry but the pens just have crappy goaltending and defense. They are MIGHTY GOOD offensively. ALthough you are right. Another strong top 4 or 5 defensemen would be key. Someone who could clear the front of the net. Ed Jovanoski would be ideal but that chit ain't ever gonna happen.

We aren't that bad though. Really we aren't. And if Kalinan comes back to form with some rest we could be mighty good on the blueline.

T_R

yeah they're so good they almost choked up 2 straight games to the pens. 

i'm sorry, we need a defenseman.  or 3

537189[/snapback]

They were good enough to smoke dallas who went on to shut out Ottawa the next night.

We'll soon find out again tonight , Marty isn't going anywhere....Sounds like you may want defenseman like the old days,, you know the kind pitts. signed for how many millions??

Not to harp but do you even watch the games?  Some times they get smoked but that's true to every team in the league right now.  You take obstruction out and give players wide open ice it's bound to happen. 

537204[/snapback]

Exactly what I was thinking as reading the posts. Even traditionally defensive teams are stuggling keeping chances down. Funny how the game changes when you cant cheat anymore eh DEVILS!!! Sabres look just fine to me. If anything, I think they may need more scoring punch as the season wears on

Exactly what I was thinking as reading the posts. Even traditionally defensive teams are stuggling keeping chances down. Funny how the game changes when you cant cheat anymore  eh DEVILS!!! Sabres look just fine to me. If anything, I think they may need more scoring punch as the season wears on

537222[/snapback]

Just think if the sabres would have won that lottery(rigged) and gotton crosby!!!!

The big trade will come very late for a bigtime scoring threat.......cambell is awesome with the new rules.......lets just enjoy and let it jell a little more.................and to the other poster, the pens can't score to consistently either!!!

Sorry but the pens just have crappy goaltending and defense.  They are MIGHTY GOOD offensively.  ALthough you are right.  Another strong top 4 or 5 defensemen would be key.  Someone who could clear the front of the net.  Ed Jovanoski would be ideal but that chit ain't ever gonna happen. 

We aren't that bad though.  Really we aren't.  And if Kalinan comes back to form with some rest we could be mighty good on the blueline.

T_R

537207[/snapback]

They just don't let you clear the front of the net anymore,,,,2 minutes crosschecking....

:(  What are you talking about?  We are top 10 in all defensive categories.  We have the number one shot blocking defensemen in hockey, the #3 assist defensemen in hockey and guys playing shut down everywhere.  Not to harp but do you even watch the games?  Some times they get smoked but that's true to every team in the league right now.  You take obstruction out and give players wide open ice it's bound to happen. 

Silliest post in a while.  Actually made me log in just to defend the goatlords. 

T-R

537204[/snapback]

Not the Goatlords, but the Icegoats. :doh:

Thats pretty funny, for 2 games straight I had to listen to the pitts. announcers rave about how fast and mobile buffalos D. was. I guess they haven't watched much hockey over the years and probably don't know chit about it! :(

537171[/snapback]

Well, compared to Pittsburgh's D, Buffalo's IS very fast and mobile. That's not saying too much.

Pittsburgh has the worst defense in the league. Buffalo's is middle of the pack (9th penalty kill unit, 11th most shots against / game, 15th goals against / game, 25th in 5 on 5 goals for / goals against). Buffalo definitely needs to upgrade the defense to be considered a legitimate Stanley Cup threat. It's not as bad as Allan makes it out to be, but it isn't top 5 (or IMHO top 10) either.