Bills still not out of the running...

PromoTheRobot

With Houston's win, the Bills are still mathimatically alive for the #1 pick over all. Does anyone know how the Bills' strength-of-schedule stacks up against all the teams with 4 wins and less? That is the tiebreaker.

The Bills have not given up the fight to lose all their games! Brings a tear to my eye just thinking it

PTR

Before the season started the Bills had the 8th strongest SOS. The Jets were 6th, besides them everyone of our worst in the league competitors were well below us.

I assume that the NFL uses a end of season SOS as opposed to the beginning, so I'm not sure how much that has changed.

Leinart will not be a NFL caliber QB....book it

536498[/snapback]

But, but, I heard of him...

Leinart will absolutly be an NFL bust. His success is based on having a ridiculous amount of talent around him. Reggie Bush, Mike Williams, and an offensive line that gives him all day to throw the ball.

Tim Couch, Eric Crouch, Alex Ware, Gino, Ryan Leaf, Wuerffel, Klinger and soon Matt Leinart.

Why would SF, Houston or Buffalo take a QB with the 1st pick? The Jets or Browns are more likely to draft a QB with their 1st pick.

I believe we came to the conclusion that this was wrong because it only calculated SOS based on the games played instead of on the entire schedule...

536502[/snapback]

This isn't perfectly accurate because it only is based on games played. But I just checked the teams above and below Buffalo, and while Buffalo has a .500 schedule left (11-3 Bengs, 3-11 Jets), everyone else has harder schedules. So we should be fine for that. It'll all come down to the last week vs. the Jets.

None of these teams, (Houston, San Fran, Buff, Green Bay) need a QB, if we are lucky and Leinart falls to us, we need better trade that pick to a team with a mid first round draft that is needing a QB, and a quality veteran lineman that can be traded for.......hmmm. Baltimore comes to mind.

None of these teams, (Houston, San Fran, Buff, Green Bay) need a QB, if we are lucky and Leinart falls to us, we need better trade that pick to a team with a mid first round draft that is needing a QB, and a quality veteran lineman that can be traded for.......hmmm. Baltimore comes to mind.

536627[/snapback]

That would require a GM with half a brain. Let's see who the old man hires first.

536627[/snapback]

Sounds like a pretty good plan to me, assuming Ferguson doesn't slip down to us. I just can't imagine us picking any better than fourth.

Number one picks overall are pretty much set up for failure. They are "supposed" to be the franchise because they are number one in the draft. We better hope the Bills don't pick number one. It is a set-up for failure most of the time. Even if the player is good he gets labelled a bust. The majority of times they are very poor value for the pick. Cost way too much for what they give you.

Ya know what, Promo? You're negativity is really pissing me off. KMA.  :devil:

536640[/snapback]

Not that I particularly LIKE Promo, but he's right.

This team's running for the bus, and I for one couldn't be happier. Why? It means a higher draft pick, and it more importantly means that the players ahve given up on the management and coaches. That's usually the first step to getting rid of incompetent leadership.

Number one picks overall are pretty much set up for failure.  They are "supposed" to be the franchise because they are number one in the draft.  We better hope the Bills don't pick number one.  It is a set-up for failure most of the time.  Even if the player is good he gets labelled a bust.  The majority of times they are very poor value for the pick.  Cost way too much for what they give you.

536650[/snapback]

number ones can be a good thing. Look at Bruce Smith and OJ...However, you have a point that they can be a major bust or grossly over-rated. I think Bush and Ferguson are "can't miss" choices for the number one pick, but after that I think its kind of risky.