Not to pile on MM, but what the hell?

Buftex

Less than 3% of games are decided by 2 or less points, look it up.

535767[/snapback]

I've never understood people like you. "I'm right, and if you don't believe me, look it up." WTF happened to proving things yourself?

Thanks for the link, Clockwork; I'll have to read that later (too deep for a Sunday morning :unsure: ).

CW

I've never understood people like you.  "I'm right, and if you don't believe me, look it up."  WTF happened to proving things yourself?

Thanks for the link, Clockwork; I'll have to read that later (too deep for a Sunday morning :unsure: ).

CW

535774[/snapback]

I have done the research, I charted the games for the last 3 seasons, the stat is there, try not being so rude to others and take some initiative and find the info yourself if you don't beleive t.

But still......

If we make a 2 pointer there, it should inject a little life in the players.  "We have a shot to win this" just didn't exists, due in part to that play.  I just want to second guess MM, because it seems like all these second guesses would be way more effective than the plays he calls.

535759[/snapback]

Right now, MM is hanging onto his job by a thread... the last thing he needs to do is make another obviously wrong call and throw more fuel on the fire.

I have done the research, I charted the games for the last 3 seasons, the stat is there, try not being so rude to others and take some initiative and find the info yourself if you don't beleive t.

535780[/snapback]

The earth is flat. If you don't believe me, go find out yourself. :unsure:

The number of fans on this thread who don't understand how moronic it would have been to go for two in this situation is an accurate reflection of how moronic most of the fan commentary on the Bills situation right now has been.

Sheesh!

double reverse Evans-Reed flea flicker to Roscoe who passes to tackle eligible Peters at the 1

Brilliant!!!

535613[/snapback]

It's that old MM trickery...teams have caught on to Jason Peters' do-it-all abilities, so now Josh Reed is our big secret weapon. I can't believe he was going to pass on that reverse last night :unsure:

Yes you are.Like Marv used to say--never go for 2 unless absolutley necessary. You miss the 2...then you HAVE to score 2 TDs after that. Also -if Denver scores one field goal in the meantime-they are up by 15 and you HAVE TO get a 2 point conversion.2 point attempts unless absolutely necessary almost always backfire.

535768[/snapback]

Here's the problem I see with this logic:

If you go for 2 on the first TD that you need, you have MORE information (aka, whether or not you were successful on your attempt) by the time the second TD comes around.

Why wait? All that does is build drama.

Here's the problem I see with this logic:

If you go for 2 on the first TD that you need, you have MORE information (aka, whether or not you were successful on your attempt) by the time the second TD comes around.

Why wait?  All that does is build drama.

535927[/snapback]

Exactly.

With about 5 minutes left, the Bills score a touchdown.  They are now down 28-16 (that is 12 points!)  The Bills, quickly, and with no apparent discussion, kick an extra point.  They are now down by 11!  Why the fug not try a two point play?  If you make the conversion, you are down by 10, and your improbable comeback requires a touchdown and a field goal to tie.  You don't make it, you are still only down by 13 points, and you still need 2 touchdowns to complete the comeback...the extra point really does nothing to help you in a comeback attempt...is it just me, or does stuff like that get you po'd?  :unsure:

535610[/snapback]

One simple answer to that.................BECAUSE HE`S A MEATHEAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i'll gladly pile on mularky.even when the announcers were saying look the broncos are dropping everybody back and kelly has noone to throw to................................................well why didn't we start running the ball on those coverages??bad coaching is why,go bills in'06