Haslett not coming

Omar Little

For those clamoring for Haslett to come to Buffalo next year, he can't.

If he resigns from the Saints he'd have to sit out next year altogether.  Saints owner Tom Benson declined Haslett's requests to be fired so he's stuck in New Orleans.  Forget about him.

533379[/snapback]

Well...not quite...Haslett tried to resign, but Benson refused the resignation for now...Haslett reportedly will resign again after the season...He's made it know he's gone no matter what...From that point they can negotiate how to handle the situation. Sure Benson can keep Haslett from Coaching for the Full Year that will be left on his Deal...But honestly that will just be more bad press for Benson...not that he seems to mind bad press but...It really does Benson no good to keep Haslett hostage...The reasons Haslett has given publicly through certain insiders have been pretty understandable considering the circumstances...

I'm quite sure if Haslett wants to Coach in 2006 something can be worked out...I have no idea if that is what Haslett wants, but by no means is the situation cut and dry or even close to being resolved yet... :doh:

Well...not quite...Haslett tried to resign, but Benson refused the resignation for now...Haslett reportedly will resign again after the season...He's made it know he's gone no matter what...From that point they can negotiate how to handle the situation. Sure Benson can keep Haslett from Coaching for the Full Year that will be left on his Deal...But honestly that will just be more bad press for Benson...not that he seems to mind bad press but...It really does Benson no good to keep Haslett hostage...The reasons Haslett has given publicly through certain insiders have been pretty understandable considering the circumstances...

I'm quite sure if Haslett wants to Coach in 2006 something can be worked out...I have no idea if that is what Haslett wants, but by no means is the situation cut and dry or even close to being resolved yet... :doh:

533780[/snapback]

i know haslett probably said something he shouldn't have said about kent hull (although i certainly suspect it to be true), but all the same it's really not that big of a deal to me. i think he's a pretty solid coach who may well thrive in buffalo. everyone needs to remember that new orleans is a supremely crappy organization and that he's done wonders to make that team do as well as it has. put simply, i would not be shocked at all to see him in buffalo in the next couple of years, and possibly next year. he has stated that it's his dream job, after all.

also, let's not forget: he was a GREAT player for the bills, partly because he was a supremely intense guy (bordering on craziness).