interesting coach prospects

tennesseeboy

Watched a sports show last night for just a minute and they were talking about firing Dom Capers. Wade Phillips of San Diego and Buffalo fame was mentioned as a possible head coach for Houston and they seemed quite favorable...also noting the fact that Bum Phillips, his dad is kind of a hero in those parts. The second person they spoke of as a hot head coach prospect was Jim Haslett, saying he tried twice to resign from NO and may just go ahead at the end of the season. I liked him as a player and he had some early success with a terrible team in a terrible organization and had the year from hell this year. Maybe Haslett will be in the mix for Buffalo? What do you think?

Watched a sports show last night for just a minute and they were talking about firing Dom Capers.  Wade Phillips of San Diego and Buffalo fame was mentioned as a possible head coach for Houston and they seemed quite favorable...also noting the fact that Bum Phillips, his dad is kind of a hero in those parts.  The second person they spoke of as a hot head coach prospect was Jim Haslett, saying he tried twice to resign from NO and may just go ahead at the end of the season.  I liked him as a player and he had some early success with a terrible team in a terrible organization and had the year from hell this year.  Maybe Haslett will be in the mix for Buffalo?  What do you think?

533004[/snapback]

You might have missed Haslett accusing Kent Hull of steroid use during your time away. Dawgging a certified Wall of Famer and all-time Bills great probably grounded any chance of Haslett ever, ever getting a job here.

Just a hunch, and based on 1) his dealings with Saints players in the past few years, 2) his record and 3) his inability to recognize what the !@#$ he was doing when he namedropped Kent Hull wrt steroid use, I say that if we hire Haslett, in two years we will be right back where we are now. I'll willing put some action on this, too. Any takers? :blink:

Just a hunch, and based on 1) his dealings with Saints players in the past few years, 2) his record and 3) his inability to recognize what the !@#$ he was doing when he namedropped Kent Hull wrt steroid use,  I say that if we hire Haslett, in two years we will be right back where we are now.  I'll willing put some action on this, too.  Any takers?  :blink:

533013[/snapback]

I'll put action on it: we won't be right where we are. We'll be in LA due to half-empty stadiums and a continued playoff drought.

I'll add this tidbit to this thread...

NFL.com: Haslett wants out

Four NFL teams have made subtle inquires about whether Haslett would be available to coach their team after this season. It only proves that when Haslett is available to coach somewhere else, be it next season or the following one, he will be one of the most sought-after candidates.

I don't like the guy and would be bummed if he became coach. He's leaving basically because he's "worn out from all the adversity the Saints have been forced to endure, and what they still will endure next season." Add that quitter attitude to his taking a steamer on Hull's rep, and his ties to that turncoat Smerlas and it adds up to a thumb's down from me.

Discuss...

Watched a sports show last night for just a minute and they were talking about firing Dom Capers.  Wade Phillips of San Diego and Buffalo fame was mentioned as a possible head coach for Houston and they seemed quite favorable...also noting the fact that Bum Phillips, his dad is kind of a hero in those parts.  The second person they spoke of as a hot head coach prospect was Jim Haslett, saying he tried twice to resign from NO and may just go ahead at the end of the season.  I liked him as a player and he had some early success with a terrible team in a terrible organization and had the year from hell this year.  Maybe Haslett will be in the mix for Buffalo?  What do you think?

533004[/snapback]

Haslett would fit right in .

His teams quit on him every year.

I'm telling you, if TD is still around, Capers comes here after he's fired. That's the guy that TD originally wanted.

533144[/snapback]

well capers didnt do much for david carr they have no oline and their defense sux!isn't capers doing a worse job than mike mularky?