What's so big about Tom Modrak?

Orton's Arm

Okay then, WHO do the Bills hire?  Apparently no one is as good as advertised.

If I was Ralph Wilson, I'd eagerly be pursuing Ron Wolf. If Wolf won't bite, then I'd look at people like Chris Polian, or someone who's a part of the Patriots or the Colts or some other successful organization.

If I was Ralph Wilson, I'd eagerly be pursuing Ron Wolf. If Wolf won't bite, then I'd look at people like Chris Polian, or someone who's a part of the Patriots or the Colts or some other successful organization.

You'd think Wolf would be a good candidate, but word is that NO ONE is knocking on his door. Not even the Texans. And as for Polian, I doubt he'd work for the Bills. And outside of Pioli, who signed an extension with the Pats, no one else is proven. Again you're taking a chance on mostly unproven guys who may or may not be better than Modrak. Different isn't necessarily better.

Interesting tidbit from KFFL (Profootballtalk.com) on Modrak...take it for what it's worth.  Apologies if this has already been posted.

MODRAK A NO-GO IN BUFFALO?

Our suggestion that Tom Modrak might succeed Tom Donahoe as the G.M. in Buffalo has drawn a harsh reaction from one league insider.

"He is one of the biggest frauds in the league," the source said of Modrak.  "All he is is an extension of Donahoe.  Can't think for himself but he sure knows how to bullsh-t and he may be stabbing Donahoe in the back.

"He is also a very lazy scout," the source opined.  "Never does his research.  Looks at one tape and forms an opinion.  In my view a total joke, but then again, Ralph Wilson has a history of hiring jokes to be his G.M."

The source also predicts that former Modrak colleague Bobby DePaul would not go to work for Modrak, since Modrak once fired DePaul when they both were in Philly.

kffl.com

531535[/snapback]

I guess AJ Smith never heard of living well being the best revenge. Or is this "insider" Gregg Williams instead?

"Ralph Wilson has a history of hiring jokes to be his GM." 

The "source" lost all credibility with me with that statement.

531558[/snapback]

Excuse me Mr. Polian, have you heard the one about the.................

You'd think Wolf would be a good candidate, but word is that NO ONE is knocking on his door.  Not even the Texans. 

Maybe it's time people in the NFL stopped acting like a blind herd, and actually started thinking for themselves. Ron Wolf built his team into a Super Bowl champion, which is more than most general managers can say.

And as for Polian, I doubt he'd work for the Bills.  And outside of Pioli, who signed an extension with the Pats, no one else is proven.  Again you're taking a chance on mostly unproven guys who may or may not be better than Modrak.  Different isn't necessarily better.

Jimmy Johnson once managed to say something intelligent. He said you can be safe and be good, or take a chance and be great. Hiring the #2 personnel guy from a team like the Colts or the Patriots would be taking a chance to be great.