QB Pressure

Billzfan23

Anyone else besides me think that what is happening to JP now (no offensive line, no running game, packet collapsing, etc..) is the best thing that can happen to him in his development as long as he can stay healthy? Are his horrible numbers that much worse in relation to John Elway, Kelly, other young QB's who are playing in horrible offenses that are always trying to come from behind?

As bad as it is, no.

A little bit of pressure is good. (If he seldom experiences it during his early learning curve, how is he expected to handle it when we expect/need him to perform.)

Learning to play NFL QB is difficult enough w/o having the extra burden of having things made more difficult for you by having porous protection. Ideally, you'd want him 'coddled' by making it as easy as possible on him (i.e. good protection and a strong reliance on the running game & a stout defense. :doh: )

Too much not only stunt his growth, but potentially is detrimental (i.e. 'shell-shocked').

JMHO.

Guest BackInDaDay
Anyone else besides me think that what is happening to JP now (no offensive line, no running game, packet collapsing, etc..) is the best thing that can happen to him in his development as long as he can stay healthy?  Are his horrible numbers that much worse in relation to John Elway, Kelly, other young QB's who are playing in horrible offenses that are always trying to come from behind?

529966[/snapback]

Many top draft choice QBs have had to work behind bad lines.

That's why the team finished bad enough to draft them.

Not being put in a position to execute the offense is never a good thing.

You're not developing the skills necessary to excel, only to survive.

Give JP a few years, he's probably going to surprise you

529994[/snapback]

I'm not sure that I'd go as far as say he'll PROBABLY surprise me ....... he MAY surprise me ...... I HOPE he surprises me ....... but at this point in his career there is just as good of a chance he'll be a bust as there is he'll be another Manning, Palmer, or Brees ........ with the highest probability that he will be something in between.

i remember phill simms 1st years in the nfl he was the most sacked qb and parcells benched him in favor of scott bruner,so yes it happens and troy aikman was killed his 1st yaer and peyton manning for that manner.as long as the player dosnt get seriously hurt i guess its ok,the flipside is the player can get gunshy and start to make irreversable bad decisions