Safety non-call

webtoe

I know it probably would not have made a difference in the long run, but what the heck was that call on the Holding in the end-zone.

'It started on the 1 yard line'. ...Yeah but it ended in the endzone...and the ball was in the end zone.

Just another item in a very frustrating game.

I know it probably would not have made a difference in the long run, but what the heck was that call on the Holding in the end-zone. 

'It started on the 1 yard line'. ...Yeah but it ended in the endzone...and the ball was in the end zone.

Just another item in a very frustrating game.

37861[/snapback]

That call was a microcosm of the whole fuggin', teeth-clenching, head-shaking, unwatchable, dreck that was that game!

:I starred in Brokeback Mountain: to the officials for that call...

:I starred in Brokeback Mountain: to the lack of discipline and number of stupid players on this Bills squad...

yep, and the announcers were talking like it could have been reviewed. so why not chalange??

37865[/snapback]

i saw the red flag on the ground but the sound was off the in the sports bar i was in so i could not hear the announcers. all i know is mularkey asked for a review and the ref came and explained something to him....then it was second down.

anybody clarify what was said?

i saw the red flag on the ground but the sound was off the in the sports bar i was in so i could not hear the announcers.  all i know is mularkey asked for a review and the ref came and explained something to him....then it was second down.

anybody clarify what was said?

37877[/snapback]

The spot of the hold is a "Judgement call" not subject to review.

Okay, I know that the holding penalty/safety might not have made a direct difference in the game but indirectly it would have given the Bills 2 more points and the ball back. Granted, we did hold them and get the ball anyway but it might have swung some much needed momentum our way. With that said, I do have a question regarding the call.

After the penalty was called, from which the referee stated that the hold started on the 1 yard line, shouldn't the Raiders have been given the ball at the 1/2 yard line? If so, why, unless I missed a play, did they have second down at the 2 yard line? Maybe I missed something (beer or piss run) but I don't think so.

It seemed that everything that Murphy's Law was in full effect for the Bills yesterday and I just hope that during the bye week, MM has a "come to Jesus" meeting with a few players and coaches. One thing that NEEDS to be addressed is the stupid f**king penalties on special teams!!! Another NEED is to have every player mentally ready to play or find someone that is. The dumb ass play by Thomas downing the ball after CLEARLY wandering out of bounds was just completely uncalled for. Nice catch though on the fake punt, though anyone could have made that play. :D

Okay, I know that the holding penalty/safety might not have made a direct difference in the game but indirectly it would have given the Bills 2 more points and the ball back. Granted, we did hold them and get the ball anyway but it might have swung some much needed momentum our way. With that said, I do have a question regarding the call.

After the penalty was called, from which the referee stated that the hold started on the 1 yard line, shouldn't the Raiders have been given the ball at the 1/2 yard line? If so, why, unless I missed a play, did they have second down at the 2 yard line? Maybe I missed something (beer or piss run) but I don't think so.

It seemed that everything that Murphy's Law was in full effect for the Bills yesterday and I just hope that during the bye week, MM has a "come to Jesus" meeting with a few players and coaches. One thing that NEEDS to be addressed is the stupid f**king penalties on special teams!!! Another NEED is to have every player mentally ready to play or find someone that is. The dumb ass play by Thomas downing the ball after CLEARLY wandering out of bounds was just completely uncalled for. Nice catch though on the fake punt, though anyone could have made that play.  :D

37933[/snapback]

First, the ball was placed at the two because the play started inside the ten therefore the penalty was "half the distance". I agree 100% about stupid ass penalties. They need to go back to high school for those type penalties and make those jackasses run sprints until they die after practice. Blew too awesome returns. !@#$!! :D

First, the ball was placed at the two because the play started inside the ten therefore the penalty was "half the distance". I agree 100% about stupid ass penalties. They need to go back to high school for those type penalties and make those jackasses run sprints until they die after practice. Blew too awesome returns. !@#$!! :D

37942[/snapback]

I understand the whole half the distance thing but my question is, since it's a holding penalty and the infraction took place "supposedly" at the 1 yard line, isn't the penalty enforced from the spot of the foul? I always thought that was the case but maybe I'm wrong, I don't know, my head is still spinning in disbelief after seeing these first two games.

:D:(