The new WGR rant

Adam

They are just so supportive of the guy who called the DOnahoe show. Donahoe WAS NOT wrong for what he said. Some fans think they are entitled to say whatever they want, to whomever they want, whenever they want.

To those people who believe that, sorry to burst the bubble that has been put around you since you were allowed to watch too much TV instead of doing productive things as a child- Life is cruel- you can't attack a person like that, and tekk them you hope they lose their job, especially publicly, and not expect retribution.

The guy that called should have been called worse than a jerk- personally, I think he's a coward, and completely gutless. Probably not even a Bills fan.

And ALL the people at WGR fit in that mold as well- sorry Brad, we hate your guts, and hope you lose your job, not Tom Donahoe.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

this is the worst post ever. Take off your bills panties and wake the F up!

523044[/snapback]

Thats your opinion- that guy wouldnt have the guts to mouth off like that to Donahoe's face. WGR is for cowards like him.

What, because you buy a ticket you're not allowed to behave in a boorish manner? I guess about 80% of all sports fans are going to have to turn in their rollercoaster passes.

I worked for a sports team that went through a similiar period. It was sad to watch such normally supportive people change into no class, immature jerks.

Newsflash: No one wants to lose.

It's obvious how rude Donahoe comes across in his press conferences and in interviews. It's been that way since he's been here.

523063[/snapback]

The question is- why do you care- he's the freaking GM! Why do fans care what the GM says- the media is there to play things, and make you angry- and they get rich off it!

The question is- why do you care- he's the freaking GM! Why do fans care what the GM says- the media is there to play things, and make you angry- and they get rich off it!

523068[/snapback]

I'm not angry because of anything said or printed by anyone in the media.

I'm angry because my favorite team is freakin' 4-8 and going nowhere fast; because the alleged successor to the 1985 Bears defense can't hold a 20-point fourth-quarter lead - against the hated Fins, no less; and because three weeks from today will mark the NINTH anniversary of the Bills' last home playoff game.

Season tickets: $763

Parking, times 10 games: $150

Flight/hotel/ticket for the Saints roadtrip: roughly $750

Watching my Bills fold like a cheap tent in gale-force winds: Priceless? Hardly.

Oh, they're still 'my' Bills; I'll be up at RWS this Sunday and the following Saturday evening, hoping for - if no longer expecting - a win. But this season has been circling the drain since late September, and I didn't need any help from 'the media' to figure that out.

I'm not angry because of anything said or printed by anyone in the media.

I'm angry because my favorite team is freakin' 4-8 and going nowhere fast; because the alleged successor to the 1985 Bears defense can't hold a 20-point fourth-quarter lead - against the hated Fins, no less; and because three weeks from today will mark the NINTH anniversary of the Bills' last home playoff game.

Season tickets: $763

Parking, times 10 games: $150

Flight/hotel/ticket for the Saints roadtrip: roughly $750

Watching my Bills fold like a cheap tent in gale-force winds: Priceless? Hardly.

Oh, they're still 'my' Bills; I'll be up at RWS this Sunday and the following Saturday evening, hoping for - if no longer expecting - a win. But this season has been circling the drain since late September, and I didn't need any help from 'the media' to figure that out.

523089[/snapback]

My sentiments exactly.

They are just so supportive of the guy who called the DOnahoe show. Donahoe WAS NOT wrong for what he said. Some fans think they are entitled to say whatever they want, to whomever they want, whenever they want.

To those people who believe that, sorry to burst the bubble that has been put around you since you were allowed to watch too much TV instead of doing productive things as a child- Life is cruel- you can't attack a person like that, and tekk them you hope they lose their job, especially publicly, and not expect retribution.

The guy that called should have been called worse than a jerk- personally, I think he's a coward, and completely gutless. Probably not even a Bills fan.

And ALL the people at WGR fit in that mold as well- sorry Brad, we hate your guts, and hope you lose your job, not Tom Donahoe.

523017[/snapback]

Yeah dude, you're right on with this one. :D You and bbb can hold a minor protest outside the WGR studios while the rest of us give a damn about the CEO of this football team referring to a large portion of his team's following as "jerks".

I have to side with Adam, BBB here and the others. Doesn't mean you have to act like jerks.

Maybe you feel that TD "talks down" to you as a fan or what not. That is for you to iron out.

You'd think this was your job or something? Even if it was... Still not right. Decorum must be held.

Just because you BUY a ticket, pay you taxes or whatever doesn't mean you have to spout off in a asinine way.

Who is running the show here? It is TD and the people at OBD. Is anybody putting a gun to your head and making you purchase tix or what not (products)?

You can still act professional.

It is the media that stirs the pot and then laughs all the way to the bank when we start "eating our own." Why do we play their game?

This is the kinda thing that carries over into public board meetings and other public types of affairs.

We can "carry oursleves" without being mean and personal.

Just as their are rules of conduct on this website, there are any rules of conduct in other aspects of society. You can ask hard questions, get your point across without being a bozo.

Just my $.02.

:D

I have to side with Adam, BBB here and the others.  Doesn't mean you have to act like jerks.

Maybe you feel that TD "talks down" to you as a fan or what not.  That is for you to iron out.

You'd think this was your job or something?  Even if it was... Still not right.  Decorum must be held.

Just because you BUY a ticket, pay you taxes or whatever doesn't mean you have to spout off in a asinine way.

Who is running the show here?  It is TD and the people at OBD.  Is anybody putting a gun to your head and making you purchase tix or what not (products)?

You can still act professional.

It is the media that stirs the pot and then laughs all the way to the bank when we start "eating our own."  Why do we play their game?

This is the kinda thing that carries over into public board meetings and other public types of affairs.

We can "carry oursleves" without being mean and personal.

Just as their are rules of conduct on this website, there are any rules of conduct in other aspects of society.  You can ask hard questions, get your point across without being a bozo.

Just my $.02.

:D

523158[/snapback]

How is someone asking TD "when are you going to resign?" any different then the questions that appear on "Ask Him Yourself" on the team's website or the banter that goes on here?

Yes, I'm bitterly disappointed about the Bills, and Donahoe's performance.  However, I can't listen to GR anymore make themselves the story.  It's all about them and their bad relationship with the Bills.

523096[/snapback]

I listened for quite a while yesterday and to be fair, that's not really what they did. They essentially said to their listeners, "Donahoe called you guys jerks. Respond". And from 3:00pm-10:00pm it was wall-to-wall callers ranting and raving about the President and GM of this team.