Offseason plan..........

BuffBills#1

I think the offensive line is more than one player away from being good.  I think you need to make more changes there.    You're also making a big assumption that Spikes comes back close to 100% from his injury.  On the other hand his situation is different from Cowart in that he's already under contract.  Unless he's due a big signing bonus, I'd be willing to stick with him for one more year anyway and see how much speed he gets back.

521737[/snapback]

Agreed.....This line requires at least 2 new starters.....and I mean real starters...

not some castoffs or stree FAs...This is the year to draft linemen in the draft....

Get at least 3 players in the draft for OL and sign quality FA for the DL.

Gandy is strictly a backup....Villarial will be a year older...I am not sure if

he can play 16 games......I like Peters to LT position, if he can play.....and

retaining MW if he can take a huge Paycut (a big IF).

Interesting. I would dump williams and all of the folks you mentioned except perhaps Aiken. I would rely on free agency for two or possibly three quality linemen. I would be surprised if we could get three quality offensive linemen, but if not I would opt for a quality tight end or defensive tackle. What I couldn't fill in free agency I'd try to get in the draft in my first second and third picks. I agree that defensive backs are going to be necessary, but I think we have to go with what we have next year in the defensive backfield. Maybe a corner with the fourth or fifth pick.

so many of our problems in so little time.

While getting Hutch would be a great move, I have Bentley rated ahead of him as an offensive lineman.  Mostly because we need an anchor.  Sunday proved to me that Dookie is not ready.  But good news this is a better than average tackle draft,

the biggest problem facing  Losman is the push up the middle, mostly by blitzes, but also by teague's inability to stop a Bull rush.  Mike Williams has to look at himself in the mirror, I remember drafting him, and the "experts" said he was a can't miss, saying he has a great personality...a passive one...that is his problem.  Jon Runyan is a free agent, he doesn't have a passive personality,  he's aging fast but, he brings a physical game. (assuming he is healthy, honestly I have  been unable to watch any other games after we lose).

I feel strongly that Peters could play LT, he's more athletic than any tackle in the NFL, and he has dealt with the physical RT position well.

Mike williams might be better suited for RG, as long as he takes a major pay reduction.  Someone should tell me why the best lineman we have is a RG, can we move CV to LG?

So my Line...

Jason Peters-CV-Bentley-meatball-Jon Runyan..Runyan is a cheap upgrade and Bentley gives us the best center we've had since Hull.  More importantly we add two players with a physical nature that will fight until the whistle.  and sometimes longer, but we need that.  but we also keep 2 excellent athletes in Peters and Williams who could learn from a vet like Runyan, and we keep the one bright spot on the line....but we also keep Gandy and Preston, and maybe hopefully get a lineman in the draft.

I think we have to keep Adams, ealier in Nov someone talked about Jackson from Green Bay..I'm down with that.  I trully feel that Bannan is nothing more than a great special teamer.  and anderson is the weakest lineman I have ever seen.  In a perfect world we would get Mario Williams first and then in the 2nd round capture watson....let us dream.  Mario Williams is a DE much like Peppers.  and watson I feel is a lot like sam Adams, but he moves slightly better.

if that doesn't work out I will be very happy with Ngata, as a plug in and a four man rotation of Jackson, Adams, edwards, and Ngata....if my math is correct that is like 1400 poundsish....that will wear down the interior of any line.

as for WR, Reggie Wayne is Peerless price.  and I will be GD if we get another cancer Miami player....they seperate teams!  I prefer Bryant, but if that is our best option in the offseason we are in trouble.

I really like Stovall, he is huge and gets open...he is similar to Owens in that way. 

as a third rounder he is perfect!!  another player I like alot is byrd the TE from USC.  But where does he go.

I still feel that we keep Moulds, and get a new coaching staff. 

we need our vets!!!!

521983[/snapback]

I agree on almost everything you said there. Very good and reasonable points on the O-line. I'm not sure Wayne would be the cancer you think he would be. I also think that Stovall is a play maker, and perfect possession receiver.

Btw.... anyone who is listing Aiken or Shaud as possible cuts might want to look a little closer at the games than you currently are.  :)

522238[/snapback]

My bet is Aiken/Reed, Williams/Gates will get lots of playing time in the

final quarter of the season.

Shaud Williams is probably the worst 3rd down back in the league. This 5 foot 5 guy went undrafted for a reason. The guy isn't fast like everyone thinks. He runs a 4.6+. I know he understands the offense and is a good blocker and team player and all that, but he's terrible and not an NFL running back.

MY OFFSEASON!!

Now here is my offseason if I was the GM. 3 out of our first 4 draft picks should be DL and OL help. We should see if we can get anything for Nate, and we should try and lock him up as long as it isn't top 5 money. We should try to keep M. Williams as long as he restructures and move Peters to LT(where he practiced at all training camp) and MW to back to RT. Remember, M. Williams was our best lineman last year and was really starting to come around. This year he has been injured almost the whole time. We should then pick up the option on Gandy and move him to guard, his natural position. In FA we should get A. Bryant, and if not him go after K. Robinson. With our first pick we should take the best lineman, with the 2nd pick I'de go with a CB or a safety, with our 2 3rd's I'de go with 2 more lineman. With the way Mularky has treated S. Adams and Moulds they will definitely be gone after the season. Either Milloy or Vincent will probably be gone next year, and they'll plug Baker in. If they let both go, I would expect them to draft a safety with their 2nd round pick. If they let Clements go, then I think we keep one of the safties and draft a CB with our 2nd.

Guys who shouldn't be around next year:

Teague

S. Adams

Moulds

Milloy

Posey

Vincent

B. Anderson

Shaud Williams

Aiken

Starting Lineups

QB: Losman

RB: McGahee

Backup RB: If Gates isn't the answer then use our 4th on one or pick one up in FA

FB: Shelton

WR: Evans

WR: A. Bryant

WR: Parrish

TE: Everrett

RT: M. Williams

RG: Vilarillu

C: Preston

LG: Gandy

LT: Peters

DE: Kelsay

DT: 1st rounder, 3rd rounder

DT: R. Edwards, 3rd rounder(Maybe a FA pickup if we have enough $)

DE: Schoebel

OLB: Spikes

MLB: Fletcher

OLB: Crowell

CB: Clements

FS: Baker

SS: 2nd round pick

CB: McGee

Hopefully by cutting Milloy, S. Adams, Vincent, Moulds, and restructuring M. Williams we'll have more money to spend than just on A. Bryant and N. Clements. So if that is the case we sign DL and OL.

Let me know what you think...............

521612[/snapback]

I hope you are joking. That O-line and D-line are still crap.

You're right, lets just stick with the good character guys with little talent, (Josh Reed, Sam Aiken) instead of bringing in talented players and giving them a second chance.  There aren't many FA WR on the market this year, so all the crap about cutting Moulds needs to stop until you can think of a replacement.

521881[/snapback]

agreed........moronic to think of cutting moulds....