WWE to go Bankrupt

stevestojan

Wow, I'm dumb-struck.  By that I mean I was just struck by a big boatload of DUMB.    To think that bad entertainment isn't widely popular is just crazy.  There are PLENTY of moronic people...and they are the easiest to convert.  Just because some bad enetertainment doesn't last doesn't logically mean that which lasts is good.  Here's a simple rule of thumb:  If it's popular it's PROBABLY bad.  That's not always true...but it works in most cases, in my experience.  Call me a snob or an elitist.  When it comes to culture, I am both...to a degree.

With that said, ratings are far too complicated for you to understand, I'm sure...so I won't try explaining the details.  Suffice it to say that wrestling has a very small, but loyal, audience.  The same people watch every week.  In the fragmented world of cable ratings, this means a competitve weekly performance.  But, if you look at how many diferent households (or people) watched wrestling or football (on ESPN) over the course of two months, football's reach easily outpaces that of wrestling.

As far as it being a vice...well, fine...I dunno and who cares?  As you say, we all have vices.  I don't think wrestling was taking a bad rap for being a vice (at least not in this thread).

522326[/snapback]

Yeah. Like you know anything about television. :D

If I haven't already done so - congrats on the new gig, BTW.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah. Like you know anything about television.  :D

If I haven't already done so - congrats on the new gig, BTW.

523100[/snapback]

Thanks Lo. I don't know as much about TV and ratings as you know about the Bills and football. But, I do OK.

I'd REALLY like to see a win this weekend...really. :(

Ashlee Simpson had a number 1 album.

522359[/snapback]

Ok, this is the last post I'm going to make because I think you guys are just yelling without listening and its a pointless debate. The difference between pop music acts like Britney, Ashlee etc etc, is that those are all ads which are popular for a short period of time but quickly fade away into obscurity. WWE and pro-wrestling as a whole has been around for over 50 years. It has had a few major surges in popularity but its audience has alwaus remained. If the shows that were put on were brainless, no one would watch. Its the ability to keep it smart and keep it interesting thast makes it durable. Trust me, its not going anywhere.

Having said that, whatever you "anti-WWE" people say, which for whatever reason I can't understand the hatred of pro-wrestling as a form of entertainment, there are lots of postitives.

Just check out this link, yes they're not heroes for doing this and I don't expect heaps of praise to be reigned upon the business because of this. What this is though, is something I do not see the any major pro sports league doing, I don't see any other enetertainment company doing this, with the exception of the USO. Its a great thing they do for the troops, at a tough time of year for them. So say what you want, insult all you want, buty watch what you say because its not all true.

WWE stars on Rita Cosby